Toast Congratulations Adam Oxley- Rookie promotion

Remove this Banner Ad

Appears the Ox has been promoted to the senior list along with Sam Dwyer.

Congratulations young man.:thumbsu:

** Can't believe I beat Dave.:D

Source?

COLLINGWOOD

Additions
Taylor Adams, Traded from Greater Western Sydney
Sam Dwyer, Promoted Rookie
Patrick Karnezis, Traded from Brisbane
Adam Oxley, Promoted Rookie
Jesse White, Traded from Sydney

Deletions
Alan Didak, Delisted
Ben Johnson, Retired
Darren Jolly, Delisted
Andrew Krakour, Delisted
Jackson Paine, Traded to Brisbane
Jordan Russell, Delisted
Heath Shaw, Traded to Greater Western Sydney
Dale Thomas, Free Agent to Carlton

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-01/summary-of-player-movements

Thought that while he showed a bit, he seemed to be the least impressive of the rookies from 2013 imo. Definitely rate Frost, Martin and Dwyer ahead of him, but I guess it's horses for courses and all that jazz.

This is sensational news, I'm a massive fan of the "Ox", his first year was well above what the club were expecting out of him and he's been rewarded.

There was one VFL game out at Vic Park where the side was under extreme pressure late in the game yet every time the ball went inside defensive 50 he took contested mark after contested mark.

He's a better version of a Goldsack IMO, or at least he will be, he has the skills to play a more attacking role but also the experience of being a defender which has honed the defensive side of his game.

At 191cm he can also play a defensive role on just about anyone other than the "gorilla forwards" at AFL level.

Great news, if true of course.:)

Congratulations to the Ox...I'll look forward to seeing his raking kicks off half back in '14.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just go to the official site and watch his vision and skill to spot up Swanny and create a goal.

Dont get it.

Oxley and Armstrong play the same position, maybe the club are shitting themselves about heath shaw moving on? this is the only reason i can think of for his promotion.

Despite the thread about Armstrong's signing being official today, it hasn't happened yet... Maybe the club is thinking about putting Armstrong on the rookie list?

Anyway - I've been the man driving the Ox-train (or should that be droving?) for a while now. I honestly think he has a shot at playing a lot of footy in 2014. He takes a lot of intercept marks and uses the ball exceptionally well, meaning that he's a good candidate to replace much of what Heater gave us. He won't give us the manic and creative run that Heater did, but hopefully he'd give us less brain fades and OOF kicks too.

After his off field slip up with his instagram post when initially drafted I thought we had another Wood on our hands.

Full credit to the young man for working hard and as a result earning the promotion granted.

Congratulations. Needs to hit those weights and whopper cheese meals.

I thought Martin may have been the man but maybe he gets one later, we do have a bit of mid/fwd stock I guess.
Collingwood have announced that Sam Dwyer and Adam Oxley have been elevated to the senior list in 2014.

Oxley and fellow rookies Kyle Martin and Jack Frost have accepted new deals to remain with the Pies, the latter two will be retained on the rookie list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back