Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
Nice to see them get some silverware, even if it's pretty minor. Fyfe's MVP and a bunch of AA selections were probably the only other achievements of significance.

Should add a Brownlow in a few weeks and more importantly a premiership.

NathanMX

Premiership Player
Dec 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Leaving only Brisbane, Gold Coast, GWS and the Dogs as the only teams without one.

Still staggering given their dominance the Lions kept missing out on top spot. Though better to lack a little in the regular season I guess then fall in the finals like Port did a couple of times til they finally broke through.

Port 1st in 2002
Port 1st in 2003
Port 1st in 2004

nice little period there topped off with a flag :)

Where is the evidence of this "difficulty" when Perth teams continue to perform above average in the AFL and have no problems with players having really long careers
Fremantle have been far from above average during their time in the AFL, we're just awesome so we break the mould a little bit.:D

Its not a coincidence that when we have finished highest on the ladder its when there is no dominant Victorian team/teams, because its so much easier to go 18+ wins when you play the majority of them without travelling.

As far as player longevity goes, there is a significant drop off at around 30 for west coast players historically, no 300 game players and most of the best who played 200+ were on a decline earlier than general. No Hodge/Mitchell types dominating at 32/33.

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
kinda does fail when you realize they released a finals fever dvd for 2 out of the 3 finals in 2013

Ha! Didn't know that...

Sort yourselves out would ya? This is how it's done...

$_35.jpg

I'll even cop this given what it documents (our '99 season)...

Unknown.jpg

Last edited:

wormburner67

Team Captain
Dec 9, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
It is true beauty though to see both the WA teams 1&2

Not sure how beautiful it will be if we might meet each other in the big one :$

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool

wormburner67

Team Captain
Dec 9, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
My dad actually asked me today to see if I could find him a VHS/DVD combo unit to buy.
I told him I don't think they even make them anymore :(

I'd like to take this thread at face value but we all know that's not how it was intended.

I wonder if we'll release a DVD to mark the occasion. We could even release another one showing our streak of wins early in the season.

you mean like this one?
timthumb.php

May 11, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Where is the evidence of this "difficulty" when Perth teams continue to perform above average in the AFL and have no problems with players having really long careers
Well that's just incorrect, there's only one player that's reached 300 games from a WA team.

I'm more of the opinion that is an overrated factor, but when teams such as yours barely travel then it becomes an issue.

Back