Congratulations Fremantle FC for winning their first piece of league silverware

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 30, 2004
bentleigh
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawthorn
wow, on top of the games in Tasmania? That is a lot of travel.

So games in Tassie don't involve travel do they? There are fans of non Victorian clubs who say that all the traveling they have to do is an impediment on their chances of success. Hawthorn have traveled at least 8 times a season during the last four years and made three grand finals on the trot. Go figure.

Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
The point many are trying to make is that teams traveling by choice is different to teams traveling to play an away fixture in another state/region

If Freo lobbied succesfully to play a couple home games a year in Albany or Geraldton, I would not call that travel as it would have been our choice to go there, rather than being scheduled to play there due to the fixture

Not discounting the fatigue, travel times etc. - as of course they are still relevant for home games at another venue, but to use those factors as reasons for having down weeks, players being rested, or the team not being as fresh for the following week isn't relevant, as the team could avoid those issues if they didn't choose to play their home game their in the first place

And this isn't a dig at the Hawks or anything like that - the same is relevant for North in Hobart, Melbourne in Darwin etc.) Basically if you choose to move your home game interstate or to a regional venue, don't be surprised if other opposition fans dismiss claims about travel.

Congratulates Freo, gets called a troll. Tough world.:$

pretty much but theyre obsessed with the idea that i'm out to pull their club down, like my posts have some mythical power to deride their premiership aspirations.... rather than seeing it for what it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoken4

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle & Peel Thunder
Here is an image of the trophy you get as minor premier

ChampionshipTrophy-2.jpg

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
pretty much but theyre obsessed with the idea that i'm out to pull their club down, like my posts have some mythical power to deride their premiership aspirations.... rather than seeing it for what it is

Because you are obsessed. You are constantly hanging around any Freo thread and take pot shots more often than not. You have even stated that you hate Freo.

"theres no other side i hate more. they actually make me feel good about the doggies. freo are an absolute abomination of a club and make GWS look like theyve got over 50 years of history and character. there is literally, not one nice thing i can say about the fremantle dockers. actually there would be one nice thing i could say about them, but that would only occur when the club folds and is finally put out of their misery

freo should never have been born, they're the product of what i can only guess was a month long meth binge at AFL HQ that resulted in the decisions makers suffering drug psychosis. i mean it would explain why today we drug test AFL administrators... its the only thing that can explain the idea of merging two arch rivals with near on 100 years of bitter rivalry in east freo and south freo. it would be like trying to merge collingwood and carlton.

you'd think they'd sober up after that decision and actually start to make some half credible choices to smooth over the failure but nope. they then decide to name the club after a Victorian term for wharfies (for those unfamiliar, fremantle is a harbour city with blue colar work force manning the large shipping port there)... this was around the time the intelligent side of the WA football community questioned WTF they were doing with the next WA side, but not the rabbid dockers to be. they ate it up in spades... they were talking dynasties and flags make east fremantles achievements look small...

they salivated over making carmen lawrence their number 1 ticket holder. appointed gerald "i still think i'm coaching claremont" nesham as coach and then proceeded to blow all of their draft concessions and picks only the better half of claremont FC and a bunch of washed up WA born players (i think this is where scott watters squats during their qtr time huddle and urinates on the pitch).

to ease them into the AFL, their first practice match was against Claremont FC, thats right the club they stole all their best players from. dockers fans were talking up a big win to get them started... but in typical dockers failure that didnt happen and they lost by a massive margin to what was the claremont reserves...

in recent times their board has undergone what can only be described as humanitarian work that probably should have earned them a noble prize of some sort if they had progressed further with their wide ranging changes that involved changing their pathetic club song and colours. basically chucking what they had in the bin and starting again...but like anyone trying to do good and clean up the rabble for what can only be described as an intellectually challenged supporter base, they were confronted with member and supporter backlash. the song change was voted against for a mildly reworked song and a jumper that is criticised for looking too much like carltons (side note: who would want to look like carlton, thats what we are dealing with here).... but then again theyve always been obsessed with the other AFL teams since they realised how ******* bad they were. initially it was hawthorn, then it was essendon (remember the term mini windy hill), then it was carlton, then it was st kilda. which on us, i can understand a club stealing a recent grand final coach (i still re-call the rally at freo HQ protesting the sacking of mark "someones bugging my office" harvey) and ditto the need for a fullback...but who in the world steals a clubs runner... thats right they stole that old bastard who looked like death and constantly gave away free kicks for us.... anyways i progress, now theyre back to being obsessed with hawthorn. theyve gone full circle....

and the worst part. you used to be able to avoid them. out of sight out of mind. not anymore. now all matches are televised live and are now accessible anywhere on a mobile device. you literally cannot avoid their pathetic existence....

and this is why i hope we thrash the life out of them... if not that, i hope they lose a flag to WCE. the troll factor in that would be off the charts. i'll save you some popcorn and a seat in the CBD of perth when that happens..."

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
It won't mean much to Freo supporters unless they can win a Premiership Cup this year.

I don't take much solace in the fact we won minor premierships in 1997 and 2009 but lost the GFs.

People only remember the actual Premiers from that year, not the team that finished on top of the ladder at the end of the H&A season.

GWBogan

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 7, 2011
Daily's Place
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
AEW, Jacksonville Jaguars, Fulham
Because you are obsessed. You are constantly hanging around any Freo thread and take pot shots more often than not. You have even stated that you hate Freo.

"theres no other side i hate more. they actually make me feel good about the doggies. freo are an absolute abomination of a club and make GWS look like theyve got over 50 years of history and character. there is literally, not one nice thing i can say about the fremantle dockers. actually there would be one nice thing i could say about them, but that would only occur when the club folds and is finally put out of their misery

freo should never have been born, they're the product of what i can only guess was a month long meth binge at AFL HQ that resulted in the decisions makers suffering drug psychosis. i mean it would explain why today we drug test AFL administrators... its the only thing that can explain the idea of merging two arch rivals with near on 100 years of bitter rivalry in east freo and south freo. it would be like trying to merge collingwood and carlton.

you'd think they'd sober up after that decision and actually start to make some half credible choices to smooth over the failure but nope. they then decide to name the club after a Victorian term for wharfies (for those unfamiliar, fremantle is a harbour city with blue colar work force manning the large shipping port there)... this was around the time the intelligent side of the WA football community questioned WTF they were doing with the next WA side, but not the rabbid dockers to be. they ate it up in spades... they were talking dynasties and flags make east fremantles achievements look small...

they salivated over making carmen lawrence their number 1 ticket holder. appointed gerald "i still think i'm coaching claremont" nesham as coach and then proceeded to blow all of their draft concessions and picks only the better half of claremont FC and a bunch of washed up WA born players (i think this is where scott watters squats during their qtr time huddle and urinates on the pitch).

to ease them into the AFL, their first practice match was against Claremont FC, thats right the club they stole all their best players from. dockers fans were talking up a big win to get them started... but in typical dockers failure that didnt happen and they lost by a massive margin to what was the claremont reserves...

in recent times their board has undergone what can only be described as humanitarian work that probably should have earned them a noble prize of some sort if they had progressed further with their wide ranging changes that involved changing their pathetic club song and colours. basically chucking what they had in the bin and starting again...but like anyone trying to do good and clean up the rabble for what can only be described as an intellectually challenged supporter base, they were confronted with member and supporter backlash. the song change was voted against for a mildly reworked song and a jumper that is criticised for looking too much like carltons (side note: who would want to look like carlton, thats what we are dealing with here).... but then again theyve always been obsessed with the other AFL teams since they realised how ******* bad they were. initially it was hawthorn, then it was essendon (remember the term mini windy hill), then it was carlton, then it was st kilda. which on us, i can understand a club stealing a recent grand final coach (i still re-call the rally at freo HQ protesting the sacking of mark "someones bugging my office" harvey) and ditto the need for a fullback...but who in the world steals a clubs runner... thats right they stole that old bastard who looked like death and constantly gave away free kicks for us.... anyways i progress, now theyre back to being obsessed with hawthorn. theyve gone full circle....

and the worst part. you used to be able to avoid them. out of sight out of mind. not anymore. now all matches are televised live and are now accessible anywhere on a mobile device. you literally cannot avoid their pathetic existence....

and this is why i hope we thrash the life out of them... if not that, i hope they lose a flag to WCE. the troll factor in that would be off the charts. i'll save you some popcorn and a seat in the CBD of perth when that happens..."
Wow, quality St. Kilda melt. :D

gungho

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle

To be fair, most of that was actually pretty funny.......and I'm a mad keen Freo supporter.

To be fair, most of that was actually pretty funny.......and I'm a mad keen Freo supporter.

Someone who's not so precious to get a good pre game day rant!!! It's good for the rivalry

Funny how the same few posters keep dragging the same quote out. I still don't get why they get so worked up over what I post about.... Bizarre bunch

Vintage

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The point many are trying to make is that teams traveling by choice is different to teams traveling to play an away fixture in another state/region

If Freo lobbied succesfully to play a couple home games a year in Albany or Geraldton, I would not call that travel as it would have been our choice to go there, rather than being scheduled to play there due to the fixture

Not discounting the fatigue, travel times etc. - as of course they are still relevant for home games at another venue, but to use those factors as reasons for having down weeks, players being rested, or the team not being as fresh for the following week isn't relevant, as the team could avoid those issues if they didn't choose to play their home game their in the first place

And this isn't a dig at the Hawks or anything like that - the same is relevant for North in Hobart, Melbourne in Darwin etc.) Basically if you choose to move your home game interstate or to a regional venue, don't be surprised if other opposition fans dismiss claims about travel.
partly, but also that the 400k's down to Launceston (or 800? to Sydney) isn't quite the same as trips from Perth.

But to be honest, who cares - if he reckons it's just the same then good luck to him - it would be kind of nice to be that stupid.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back