Universal Love Congratulations Hawthorn, IRS winners 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently also protected by the MRP, like did you see that time that he took out Glassjaw Murphy and not a single week!?! Same thing and Kelly/Fyfe get 2-4!!!

I couldn't help thinking that Clarkson had a huge influence on turning around the recent defeats. He is a student of all ball sports and my guess is he put this to good use in the week leading up to last night. The quick and decisive style of ball movement and overlap running was typical. Well done Clarko.

What a shame the 'Where is Luke Hodge at?' thread is closed. He keeps on giving us inspirational updates. Maybe a new thread along the lines of 'What is the number of medals won by Luke Hodge at?' which we can update every couple of months... :p

Oh, and just quietly, very happy and relieved no injuries came from the game. That was my biggest concern. Unlike the rugby crap up north, Club footy > Australian & State representation.

Last edited:
Was Selwood playing?

I couldn't watch the game because of the flogs like Selwood - how can you support an Australian team with dingbats like Selwood, Johnson and Watson playing?

And for the Geelong idiots, here it is, just copy & paste:

1. The Hawks fluked the 2008 Premiership
2. Hodge picks up easy possessions playing loose in defence
3. Geelong is the best team of the modern era.

For normal people, just reverse the above.

;)

I couldn't help thinking that Clarkson had a huge influence on turning around the recent defeats. He is a student of all ball sports and my guess is he put this to good use in the week leading up to last night. The quick and decisive style of ball movement and overlap running was typical. Well done Clarko.

Not full on footy but it makes one well er....optimistic that clarko hodge and mitchell might still be going strong in 3-4 seasons time

Not such good news for Hale, Lake and Gibson. Although Burgoyne was the one who played every game in 2014

Oh, and just quietly, very happy and relieved no injuries came from the game. That was my biggest concern. Unlike the rugby crap up north, Club footy > Australian & State representation.
Clarko wasn't taking any risks when it was clear the game as won. When the camera panned to the sidelines when the final siren went you could clearly see all of Mitch, Hodge, Breust and Birch finished for the day.

By the way, what was with the $hitney colours being worn by the goal umpires.

Clarko wasn't taking any risks when it was clear the game as won. When the camera panned to the sidelines when the final siren went you could clearly see all of Mitch, Hodge, Breust and Birch finished for the day.

By the way, what was with the $hitney colours being worn by the goal umpires.
Maybe they (rightly) assumed it would stir Hodge into a frenzy seeing red (and white)

Went to the game and it was a sensational night. After the Irish, the Hawks were probably the next best represented team. Lots of "Go Hawks" and high fiving, especially after Hodge won BOG.

The highlight of our night was during the post-match lap, Hodgey saw my son in a Hawks jumper, made a bee-line for him, offered to have a photo together, and the result is below. Hodgey just locked in one more kid as a lifetime Hawk supporter. He is an absolute monument to the game, and may just be the best person ever to be a person!View attachment 93798

How good is that?
Look at the genuine excitement in the mans eyes.
Your son will not forget that one ever!

Tell me again why Selwood was captain in front of Hodgey as I must have missed that!
Think Hodgey was of the same thought. Selwood made a barely adequate attempt at a post match captains speech and Hodgey took the opportunity while receiving best afield medal (or whatever it was) to show him how it's done and make amends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a shame the 'Where is Luke Hodge at?' thread is closed. He keeps on giving us inspirational updates. Maybe a new thread along the lines of 'What is the number of medals won by Luke Hodge at? which we can update every couple of months... :p

Maybe we should get it reopened so we can add this kind of information.

There have been many players pass through the doors at Glenferrie and Waverley over the decades, a number of them making considerable contributions to the successes of the Hawthorn Football Club. Many would look to Lethal Leigh Matthews as the greatest of them all, and few could argue that.

However, I would say that the player who has possibly had the greatest impact on the Hawthorn club since Graham Arthur is none other than Luke Hodge. By "impact", I mean that back in 1955 when Arthur walked into the club, he engendered an imagination about the Hawthorn club, that had people believing something was actually going at a club who had been cellar dwellers for 30 years. I believe Hodge is having a similar impact on how people are viewing the club, and the way thousands of kids look up to him as their role model.

I made the comment many years ago when everyone was Judd happy, that by the time their careers were over, Hodge will have made a greater contribution to the game than Judd. People laughed at the time, but I think I got that one right.
I would like to see a Hodge v Judd comparison done at the end of both their careers.
If people went in unbiased & nonpartisan, I feel the result will surprise many.
Will be an interesting result & not as close as many would expect.
Of course we all know who be in front.

I would like to see a Hodge v Judd comparison done at the end of both their careers.
If people went in unbiased & nonpartisan, I feel the result will surprise many.
Will be an interesting result & not as close as many would expect.
Of course we all know who be in front.
And if that doesn't work, they should fight each other & raise money for charity*!

*I know Judd doesn't do 'charity', but I don't think that'll be an issue...

And if that doesn't work, they should fight each other & raise money for charity*!

*I know Judd doesn't do 'charity', but I don't think that'll be an issue...
LOL do you honestly think Judd would step into the ring with our Warrior general!
Knowing how much money bags Judd likes the coin would have to be a pretty penny to get that to happen.
We're talking a 7 figure payout minimum.

LOL do you honestly think Judd would step into the ring with our Warrior general!
Knowing how much money bags Judd likes the coin would have to be a pretty penny to get that to happen.
We're talking a 7 figure payout minimum.
I probably lost you with my delivery. I was suggesting that the prize money would be donated by the winner to charity. I know Judd doesn't do charity, but that wouldn't likely be an issue (because he'd have his ass handed to him)...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back