Toast Congratulations Luke Hodge - 250 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

still admiring that last minute game saver smother that got us into another Grand Final.

What a General he has been for this club...would be pretty close to perfection if he is lifting the cup next Saturday...

Last edited:

There's always a defining moment in finals matches. Think of Stratton's tackle on Dangerfield in 2012, Stratton's mark against Geelong in the Preliminary Final going back with the flight of the ball and now Hodge's smother which won us the game right at the very end.

A true champion player for the Hawthorn Football Club. I hope every player lifts their bloody intensity next week and follow our Captain to bring home that 12th Premiership.

#HodgeforNormSmith

Last edited:
There's always a defining moment in finals matches. Think of Stratton's tackle on Dangerfield in 2012, Stratton's mark against Geelong in the Preliminary Final going back with the flight of the ball and now Hodge's smother which won us the game right at the very end.

A true champion player for the Hawthorn Football Club. I hope every player lifts their bloody intensity next week and follow our Captain to bring home that 12th Premiership.

#HodgeforNormSmith

agree tottaly, if we even think of playing footy the way we did tonight, we are in big trouble, but all though the game style Stiffney play, sutis us in our favor alot more. Hawks hate teams that run agiasnt them.. its just our game plan, and this time bloody PUNCH the ball whenever Pike is around the ball..

plus CLINTON "fallover" Young isnt playing next saturday :p.

GO HAWKS

One of our greatest; I put him and Mitchell in our all time top ten, and we are so lucky to have had them play together. Hodgey is one of those players who defines culture, and the sort of player and person he is permeates the entire club; wihout him, we would not have this period of success we're currently enjoying.

A GF, the chance for B2B and the club's 12th, and to be the captain playing his 250th game...there is no way Luke Hodge will be having a quiet one this Saturday. He tuned himself up perfectly in the prelim against some formidable opposition.

One of the very best players I've seen at the club and I go back a ways. It is hard to measure but I would also argue he is close enough to the best captain we have had IMO. When I was a kid I modelled myself on Leigh Matthews. If I had my time again it would be Luke Hodge. A born leader and a true master of his craft. Being, knowing, doing.

Lets also not forget that skipper Luke Hodge has been voted the league’s best captain!
Named best captain ahead of names such as Joel Selwood, Travis Boak, Scott Pendlebury and Gary Ablett.
A courageous and selfless skipper, Hodge is widely respected by the AFL community for his on-field leadership
Nice interview by Jason Dunstall for all the ones that missed this:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge has been immense over his career - struggled to come to grips with what it was going to take to be an afl player initially - hello nickname podgie but boy has he turned it around. Courage in spades and a captain who leads by example out on the field. By his own omission, not the fittest, the fastest or the most skilful but he will never die wondering

Congrats on 250

Congrats Hodgey, my favourite player from day one.

Was a leader from the first day he stepped on the park in a Hawthorn jumper.

His leadership, courage and football nous was the key to 2008.

They will be massive on Saturday, go Hodgey, raise the Cup to toast your 250th.

Both Judd and Hodge are miles ahead of Ball. Judd's certainly more brilliant as an individual, but in a TEAM game I'll take Hodge's record over the other two's put together.
As players yes but ask the teams that drafted them. Hodge >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Judd + Ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back