Toast Congratulations Matt Priddis - 2014 Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I'm just about out of red (wine, that is, plenty of red ink left) so I'm getting a bit toey at the negative, narcissistic crap going on in here so if you want to argue the fallibilities of Priddis please head to the other thread.
Oh, and to keep it on topic, congrats again Matty.

Congrats Priddis well deserved, I hope the AA side in the future is picked on consistency and output, not reputation on the back of a couple of big games. All the key midfield figures show that Priddis was 1 of the elite inside mids this year, he should've been the rover with Gazza on the bench and Pendles not in the side at all.

Well done to Matthew 'The Priddog' Priddis!
3 Brownlow medals from our club! Also I'm sure all of our winners have lined up alongside each other at some point, cool.

Gotta say that i was very surprised that he won it, thought Dangerfield or Selwood would catch him in the final few rounds.
Probably fortunate that some of the other contenders missed some games, but happy that he got 26 votes and an outright win, removes additional reasons to discount his victory.
Congrats to him! Great to have another Brownlow winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta say that i was very surprised that he won it, thought Dangerfield or Selwood would catch him in the final few rounds.
Probably fortunate that some of the other contenders missed some games, but happy that he got 26 votes and an outright win, removes additional reasons to discount his victory.
Congrats to him! Great to have another Brownlow winner.

Ch 7 flogs certainly tried to do that, choking on their words...they have to do interviews with the winners. so guess what Ch7 flogs? Keep choking on your words. Bruce, have something to shut your big mouth.

Congratulations Matthew, a just reward for all your hard work and perseverance. So much for all those recruiting managers that reckoned you were too slow not to mention the many West Coast supporters that don't rate you.

Clubs would be better off without supporters like you.

What Ian doesn't appear to grasp at times is that all of AFL is just a game, so once you start saying that none of the awards matter you might as well say that none of the individual games matter and in fact, who cares about next week because it's all compromised anyway. If there really is a point, then I would say the point of AFL is to appease the fans and I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of WCE fans (especially outside this forum) are ecstatic about the win. Ergo, it's incredibly meaningful that he won.

On the other hand, trying to tell a forum of hundreds (thousands?) of people that what they the consider to be the most prestigious individual award in the AFL doesn't really matter at all does seem like a pretty good definition of pointlessness.

Congrats Pridda..
Severely underrated over here in Victoria.

And here! I stayed away from this place last night because I knew the flogs would be out in full force ripping into the Brownlow Medalist.

Congratulations Matt Priddis, much deserved recognition for a great season! :D

And here! I stayed away from this place last night because I knew the flogs would be out in full force ripping into the Brownlow Medalist.

Congratulations Matt Priddis, much deserved recognition for a great season! :D

#1 Disposals
#1 Handballs
#3 Tackles
#3 Clearances
#3 Contested possessions

He had a ripper year and not many players that stood out to steal votes.
It's the perfect storm.

There's a knock on his disposal efficiency which is 65.1%
Contested Ball winning players often have lower efficiency.
1 and 2 for Contested Touches is Kennedy and Dangerfield, Priddis has a better disposal efficiency than both of them.

Haters gonna hate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back