Toast Congratulations to Buddy Franklin for 200 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing effort, unfortunate not to get 10, was so certain he would after he's ninth. But doesn't matter he'll be 6 infront of the Coleman medal tally after this round :)
Just hopes JPK pulls up well. Want him to win that Brownlow.

Indeed. Great performance to go with the milestone. I was gutted he didn't get the 10 though.

My 9 year old is thrilled. We got a signed Buddy jersey earlier this year from the Indigenous Round from a QBE promotion. Might have to get the plate changed to 2014 Coleman Medallist!

If someone told me 2 years ago Lance Franklin would play his 200th AFL game in the colours of red & white at his home crowd at the SCG and kick 9 I would've slapped them silly.

Love having this bloke around, great team player, sensational football brain and has talent coming out of his a-hole. Seems to be really enjoying the Swans culture and is settling in really well at the club.
Congratulations Buddy, here's to many more!

15 scoring shots and a few OOB he could of kicked anything today, but more impressed his chase and workrate unbelievable.
Personally, more happy with his accuracy. 9.4 is lovely. Would've been happy with 3.1 or 4.2 or even 2.0. As long as he kicks more goals than behinds

Noticed he didn't go the bump today, and probably the last few games. Not sure if the leadership group have had a word, the lack of intensity of the game, or he just didn't want to get reported in his 200th :)

Whichever way, I hope he continues to chase and tackle rather than go the bump.

Noticed he didn't go the bump today, and probably the last few games. Not sure if the leadership group have had a word, the lack of intensity of the game, or he just didn't want to get reported in his 200th :)

Whichever way, I hope he continues to chase and tackle rather than go the bump.
He went for one - but was fair. No probs at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can keep going here. Better colours?

Far far far far Far far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far far Far far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far far Far far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far far Far far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far farFar far far far

Better supporters

.... but wait, his best years are behind him and he won't do much for the Swans !

BAHAHAHAA ... yeah right !!

Congrats Lance, a terrific milestone and celebrated in SUPERB fashion.

He has seriously improved at our club with some superior coaching. No doubt he is a far better player now than he ever was at Hawthorn. Buddy seems to enjoy his Swans team mates better than his Hawthorn ones too.;)

Don't you just love a Hawk supporter puke fest.

Not one to say best, better or things like that, just like I won't compare players from different eras. Will say one thing however. Lance has bought much to the Club, record Membership may be in some way attributed to him. Bums on seats are way up. Merchandise sales are on the rise and on field results are looking pretty damn good.

We may lose one or two of our Club favourites at this seasons end because our finances can't keep them at the Club. If that be so then I say farewell to those and wish them all the very best of luck and fortune in the future.

The brilliant recruiting to get Lance in Red'n'White will go down as a master stroke, a game changer and the envy of all Clubs. There will be life after footy for Lance, well after he hangs up the boots that is. In with Micky O and Adam 'Charlie' Goodes, he'll aspire to great things off the field for Indigenous youth and he'll hang around the Club with purpose and be part of our future.

It'll be fun to hear the Hawks squawk for many years to come. There is a new POWERHOUSE Club and it feels great to be part of it.

Enjoy your time at The Swans Lance as we will enjoy your time with us.

I wonder at the end of it all.. Will Lance Franklin be remembered as a Hawthorn Hawk, or a Blood Stained South Melbourne Sydney Swan Angel?

Great game from the big bud. Well and truly has the coleman wrapped up and could give the brownlow a shake. Could poll 3 consecutive 3 vote games to end the year if he can get bags against wb and rich

Still can't believe Big Buddy is running out in the red an white, what a massive signing.

The stuff Buddy does on the field puts bums on seats, but also gets bums out of their seats.

Seriously gifted athlete, freakish ability, but also loves to lay a bone-crunching tackle.

Seriously insane signing by the Swans, to have the best player in the league seek out your club is something fans only dream of. It's not something you would ever think would eventuate.

Can Buddy win the Brownlow?? Maybe if he gets two more BOGs... (stolen from @arwon on Twitter).

Games in which he may possibly poll votes: Adelaide, Essendon, Port Adelaide, Richmond, GWS, Carlton, St Kilda

BvUQUThIgAAeX0I.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back