Connecting the dots - Are we on the brink of calamity?

Remove this Banner Ad

Citibank

Total Assets: $1,377,620,000,000 ($1.4 trillion)

Exposure to Derivatives: $70,254,978,000,000 ($70.3 trillion)

JP Morgan Chase

Total Assets: $2,008,808,000,000 ($2 trillion)

Exposure to Derivatives: $65,307,835,000,000 ($65.3 trillion)

Goldman Sachs

Total Assets: $111,758,000,000 ($111.8 billion)

Exposure to Derivatives: $48,694,949,000,000 ($48.7 trillion)

Bank of America

Total Assets: $1,524,575,000,000 ($1.5 trillion)

Exposure to Derivatives: $37,505,160,000,000 ($37.5 trillion)

Wells Fargo

Total Assets: $1,482,815,000,000 ($1.5 trillion)

Exposure to Derivatives: $5,145,161,000,000 ($5.1 trillion)

http://www.occ.gov/topics/capital-m...derivatives/derivatives-quarterly-report.html

By Terrence P. Jeffrey at cnsnews.com

The Daily Treasury Statement that was released Wednesday afternoon as Americans were preparing to celebrate Thanksgiving revealed that the U.S. Treasury has been forced to issue $1,040,965,000,000 in new debt since fiscal 2015 started just eight weeks ago in order to raise the money to pay off Treasury securities that were maturing and to cover new deficit spending by the government.

The Daily Treasury Statement that was released Wednesday afternoon as Americans were preparing to celebrate Thanksgiving revealed that the U.S. Treasury has been forced to issue $1,040,965,000,000 in new debt since fiscal 2015 started just eight weeks ago in order to raise the money to pay off Treasury securities that were maturing and to cover new deficit spending by the government.

I'm just starting to get into a state of disbelief. How much money was that again?
$1 trillion,and 40 billion,965,million.Wowie , well what type of truck carries that much gold bullion, to roam around paying debts.

That's just this year,where'd all that money come from, TAXES? from the plebs??? The treasury has that much ??? Yet its in debt to China and who ever else, how'd China get so rich that its lending money to America, where did China get that money, Does China owe any one money?

Is the Treasury throwing out its own (tax payer) savings to pay bills that have to be paid to China and anyone else, so that the previous bills /repayments/maturing bonds??? what ever they are can be covered because anything new won't be.

If America deals in trillions of billions why don't they just pay bloody China back and start saving again. I'm wrong ? OK I need to understand why I'm wrong , because I don't, will I crawl back into my little abode and just pretend I know what's going on??

It's all play money really isn't it. On sheets of paper, so for my next lesson , this question, do they actually move/ spend/ repay, with real value
= money/gold?

Or is it all on paper where it can be manipulated, because fair dinkum when people start blabbering about money like its a figure graffitied on a wall that's a hundred feet long, I lose the plot?

Obviously I'm one of the plebs that just doesn't understand all this gobbledygook , and that's probably why the majority of the world are "just making it" while a few smarties who set the system up over the last 300 years , talk about trillions but never can I understand who borrowed what from who and who owes who what for, what bond is being sold or bought or tranferred or re sold or paid back, how does this save the economy, what is an economy actually? And when people retire and invest for the rest of their lives why do a small group define the interest rates and cause or stall or perhaps manipulate the world into recessions or depressions, it would be nice to invest and know that something is always going to be coming back in interest , but its high then its low you never never know! Its like a giant TAB, YES?

I WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE ON BIG FOOTY ACTUALLY HAVE A CLUE ABOUT THIS UNSTABLE CONFUSION WE CALL WORLD MARKETS AND ECONOMYS'
Then we roll along and hope that we can trust whoever controls our money , because we don't ?
All we can do is hope to stay ahead until we're dead!

Who can explain for one of the masses!

Things are looking up though. Humans have 199 trillion dollars in credit!

Excellent point. I agree if humanity is 200t down, then someone must be 200t up? As far as I can tell; reality exists in a big black thing the universe, and we are animals on a rock going around a big fire ball. Us animals with the big brain have come up with money and at present, world debt is 199 TRillion.

An issue is 80 of these animals have equal to 4 billion of the others. Officially.

Unofficial we cannot who indeed are the creditors. The centeral banking system is nontransparent. And yet infallible.

I thought the goldlenders were only sposed to be giving out ten times more than what they got? Citibank extracting the urine

My question to you economic gurus is as follows; what is the percentage chance of a 'large' depression in the near future?

if 10 is great depression and 1 is opposite, what would u say /10

you suddenly dont have opinions?

:drunk: such words have real, economics definitions that aren't just thrown around whenever it suits. what is the current rates of global GDP growth (or negative growth)? therein lies your answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent point. I agree if humanity is 200t down, then someone must be 200t up? As far as I can tell; reality exists in a big black thing the universe, and we are animals on a rock going around a big fire ball. Us animals with the big brain have come up with money and at present, world debt is 199 TRillion.

An issue is 80 of these animals have equal to 4 billion of the others. Officially.

Unofficial we cannot who indeed are the creditors. The centeral banking system is nontransparent. And yet infallible.

I thought the goldlenders were only sposed to be giving out ten times more than what they got? Citibank extracting the urine

My question to you economic gurus is as follows; what is the percentage chance of a 'large' depression in the near future?

its not just gold and central banks creating the money.

the Stockmarket capitalisations when one aggregates them, what potential income and resource consumption do they predict?

No. Those numbers are gross not net ie banks often have swaps that are identical in terms of maturity etc and net to zero but with different counterparts (market risk eliminated but not credit risk)

Decent explanation below.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/five-...ivative-exposure-morgan-stanley-sitting-fx-de
the trouble is derivatives can 'gap' down like they did with the Swiss recently and stop-losses become useless - the margin lodged by the trader dont go near to covering the trading loss. As the article points out, the bank on one side of the trade goes bankrupt a la Lehman Bros and the other side doesnt get paid.

Obama covers the losses, Fed issues another trillion in fiat and the plebians pick up the tab.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back