Society/Culture Constable Butcher gets $3.3 Million Payout.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
JJ's view of policing

"Excuse me burly drunken thug who has me by the throat. I'm possibly considering tasering you and given how dangerous it is would you mind possibly filling out a quick questionnaire about any medical conditions or pre existing injuries? I just need to know so I can choose an appropriate force option. No? Ok well I'm going to just go ahead and risk it, but don't stress because if if you're concerned you can just get one of your mates to let me know - probably the easiest way to clue me in on your medical history is just to have him run up behind me and fracture my skull, that'd be fine."
Now your just talking like a petulant kid. In the split second, you knew what I meant and if you didn't , that's unfortunate for you, and says a lot about you too.

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
Im interested to hear the views on Bigfooty regarding the record payout to Constable Butcher.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...arded-record-33m/story-e6frg6nf-1225993880227

I should disclose that I am a former WA Police officer (recently retired, but for the record dont know Matt Butcher personally), but I like to think I am a pretty objective, pragmatic bloke.

For example, I have serious concerns about tasers. I left the force as they were being rolled out, but the basic principle is that they are designed as a replacement means of providing non lethal self defence to officers being attacked in situations which would traditionally of involved the use of firearms etc. They are not supposed to be used as a compliance tool. IMO, (and it will go against the thinking of a lot of mates I still have), Butcher was in the wrong in as much as his use of the taser likely provoked the attack which caused his injuries.

Thoughts?
i preferred the candlestick maker meself.

#jenniferKeyte #JohnnyDiesel

#ifitsnotonSnopesitmustbetrue

Back