Contract , delisting & draft news & discussion part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Contract , delisting & draft news & discussion.

Brett Peak will not be at Fremantle next year mark my words. Apparantly St Kilda is very keen on him

Well maybe this trade period dreams will come true, just watch this space

I just can't understand what the Saints would want with a hack errr....player like Peake, when they have Montagna, Hayes, and Dal Santo running through the midfield??

Petmax they just turned Dawson into a solid FB, so I dare say they back themselves in. Strike whilst the irons hot, upgrade our 5th rounder for their 3rd.

I just can't understand what the Saints would want with a hack errr....player like Peake, when they have Montagna, Hayes, and Dal Santo running through the midfield??

Peak is a hack when the team is playing badly, put him in a good side and he'll look like a million bucks. He's got speed which is what the saints want. They recruited Ray last year for this very reason, and i remember reading somewhere a couple weeks bak that they may have been interested in McMahon for the same reason

If Broughton and/or Pearce are clearly in our best 22 at the end of the season the club will probably want to reward their form with a permanent promotion though hedgey.
Broughton, Pearce, Van Berlo and De Boer are all quality kids with some experience now. They would be better value for you than Campbell, Murphy, Brown, Gilmore,Head,Ibbotson,Mundy, O'Brien and Thornton. Don't forget that you can only play the rookies if you have LT injuries. Better to promote them and have them available. It looks like you will also lose Tarrant so you may have some vacancies and its unlikely there will be better players available later in the draft.

Broughton, Pearce, Van Berlo and De Boer are all quality kids with some experience now. They would be better value for you than Campbell, Murphy, Brown, Gilmore,Head,Ibbotson,Mundy, O'Brien and Thornton. Don't forget that you can only play the rookies if you have LT injuries. Better to promote them and have them available. It looks like you will also lose Tarrant so you may have some vacancies and its unlikely there will be better players available later in the draft.

We can play 2 nominated rookies a year because we have no veterans champ. And dont be having little digs at Ibbo!!

Petmax they just turned Dawson into a solid FB, so I dare say they back themselves in. Strike whilst the irons hot, upgrade our 5th rounder for their 3rd.

Fair point :thumbsu: I personally would take anything for him, he will not be missed as 1st year players have already surpassed him.

Peak is a hack when the team is playing badly, put him in a good side and he'll look like a million bucks. He's got speed which is what the saints want. They recruited Ray last year for this very reason, and i remember reading somewhere a couple weeks bak that they may have been interested in McMahon for the same reason

Well if the Saints are looking for speed lets get what ever we can for him, hopefully the Saints can stop him running sideways. I'm not even worried if we get nearly nothing for him, he made me cringe watching him later in the season. :eek:

We can play 2 nominated rookies a year because we have no veterans champ. And dont be having little digs at Ibbo!!
Is that right? Didn't know that.

I was a bit disappointed with Ibbotsen this year as I thought he would be a top player after a couple of years in the system. Maybe I expected too much but from what I could see he put in fairly average games whereas he should be outstanding. I don't see all the games so maybe I missed it if he played well.

Headland and Bradley signed deals. Headlands was for 1 year. Dunno about Kepler

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/84012/default.aspx

"Palmer is one of five Fremantle players to recently re-sign with the club, with Ryan Crowley, Dean Solomon, Kepler Bradley and Tim Ruffles also extending their contracts"

Doesnt say anything about Headland in the article. But good to see the club has given Ruffles an extension to reward him for the games he played before going down. Would really like to see a few of the other young guys tied up for an extra year or two as well.

Good to see Keplar given an extra year (I assume) as well he deserves the extension after his end to the season and hopefully picks up next year where he left off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Headland and Bradley signed deals. Headlands was for 1 year. Dunno about Kepler

Kepler's was a 1 year too. I also read that Ruffles and Soloman signed on too. I am a bit surprised we jumped at the chance to sign Soloman for 1 year TBH, I think it was time for him to retire. Source: AFL Website

I dont mind keeping Solly for 1 more year. Someone to mentor the kids and cuddle up with Taz when he is lonely.

Great news about Ruffles I reckon. Shows the club must really see a future in the young fella!

Solomon will be handy next year....even if it's just for depth.

After today's announcements:

Peake
Drum
Dodd
Gilmore
Campbell
Headland
Hase
Foster
O'Brien
Head
Browne

Tarrant
Sandi
Pav
McPharlin
Hinkley
Mayne
Thornton
Murphy
Mundy
Hayden
Ibbotson
Grover
Ballantyne
Walters
Bucovaz
Hall
Bradley
Solomon

Johnson
Hill
Suban
Clarke
Schammer
Duffield
Crowley
Palmer
Ruffles

Rookies
Connelly
Pratt
Sibosado
DeBoer
Pearce
Shepheard
Van Berlo
Broughton

After today's announcements:

Peake - trade
Drum - 2 yr deal
Dodd -1-2 yr deal
Gilmore - trade to Port and run
Campbell - trade to Boronia in the EFL
Headland - 1yr deal plus 2nd if certain KPI's met
Hase - see Headlan
Foster - de-list
O'Brien - del-list and re-rookie or 1 yr contact
Head - de-list
Browne -de-list

Rookies
Connelly - de-list? I have no idea what he has done except be injured
Pratt - keep
Sibosado- keep
DeBoer - elevate
Pearce - elevate
Shepheard - keep
Van Berlo -keep
Broughton
- elevate

Peake - Trade for anything. Otherwise delist
Drum - Trade for 2nd rounder. Otherwise 1 year deal.
Dodd - 1 year deal
Gilmore - GTFO
Campbell - GTFO
Headland -1 year deal
Hase - Just resign him
Foster - GTFO
O'Brien - GTFO
Head - GTFO
Browne - GTFO

7 Delistments with Murphy being the 8th :thumbsu:

Peake - Trade for anything. Otherwise delist
Drum - Trade for 2nd rounder. Otherwise 1 year deal.
Dodd - 1 year deal
Gilmore - GTFO
Campbell - GTFO
Headland -1 year deal
Hase - Just resign him
Foster - GTFO
O'Brien - GTFO
Head - GTFO
Browne - GTFO

7 Delistments with Murphy being the 8th :thumbsu:

Upgrade de Boer and Broughton from the rookie list
Grover onto Vets status
Pearce as the nominated rookie

Will leave us with 7 selections at the ND, if with trading and what not our recruiters deem that we will be wasting later picks then upgrade Pearce and leave the rookie upgrade spot for Pratt and VB to fight out

More deadwood out the door, the rebuild continues!

As of 3 Sept 09

Peake(should be gone)
Drum ( prob gone )
Dodd
Headland
Hase
Foster
O'Brien

Tarrant
Sandi
Pav
McPharlin
Hinkley
Mayne
Thornton
Murphy ( trade? )
Mundy
Hayden
Ibbotson
Grover
Ballantyne
Walters
Bucovaz
Hall
Bradley
Solomon

Johnson
Hill
Suban
Clarke
Schammer
Duffield
Crowley
Palmer
Ruffles

Rookies
Sibosado
DeBoer
Pearce
Shepheard
Van Berlo
Broughton

Gerbil, Headland is going around for another year.

Looks like Headland will sign 1 year deal aswell as Brock O'Brien...

Dodd - 1 Year
Hase - Just sign will ya

Peake -TRADE
Drum -TRADE
Murphy(contracted) -PLEASE TRADE HIM
Foster -Delisted imo

I love you Hase! :thumbsu:

Peake
Drum
Dodd
Headland
Foster
O'Brien

Head - delisted
Browne - retired
Gilmore - delisted
Campbell - delisted

Tarrant