List Mgmt. Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-09-05/swans-resign-their-xfactor-syd

Must say I was a little surprised to see this. The club clearly has a lot of faith in him but it is probably also a way of saving money. Rather than signing an older guy from another club who would demand greater cash, sign Xavier on the cheap and hope he gets there in a good environment (around his learned brother).

What does this mean for Aliir Aliir? I think the guy has potential but with Richards signing on could he see less opportunity?

What does this mean for Aliir Aliir? I think the guy has potential but with Richards signing on could he see less opportunity?

Not a lot really so long as he's good enough to crack the team, besides competition for spots is always nice

Sentimental but I'd love to see Tommy Walsh get another crack. The poor guy has had rotten luck and it's time for it to turn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen anything either, are you sure you aren't reading an article from your stash of 2012 newspapers?
I was talking to someone from Pykes family on monday when having lunch with someone from the club whos names I cant reveal and they said he has signed for two years....

Ok not really, there is a half page article about it in todays paper and contrary to someone on here getting angry saying hes not going anywhere it also mentions Carlton is in the box seat for Mitchell.

I was talking to someone from Pykes family on monday when having lunch with someone from the club whos names I cant reveal and they said he has signed for two years....

Ok not really, there is a half page article about it in todays paper and contrary to someone on here getting angry saying hes not going anywhere it also mentions Carlton is in the box seat for Mitchell.

Which paper? Nothing online?

Mitchell can't be allowed to go. Would love him to get back to that half forward creator role. With midfield stints shared with a resting Kennedy

Any chance that with AJ's constant injuries that he could not be re-signed?

I would be pretty mad if that's the case.
He could be downgraded to rookie list as a long term rehabilitation candidate. Has happened many times before, for other clubs....

Mitchell can't be allowed to go. Would love him to get back to that half forward creator role. With midfield stints shared with a resting Kennedy

If we allow him to go we could have Hawks fans in 3-4 years bagging us for also letting go of a father-son that would go onto being an AA. It's just going to be so difficult but. If Shaw retires I thought that maybe Mcveigh could go into the defense and Mitchell could come into the team and replace Mcveigh's position in the middle. Shaw is in really good form though so I don't know if he'd want to do that.

I've also got big concerns about Membrey as I'm sure others do. I've been reading as much info about him as I could since the very day we recruited him. Not since Micky have we actually home-grown a quality forward and he could be the next one. But it's difficult to see him making a team that contains Franklin, Goodes, Reid and Tippett. I get the impression that the coaches would rather play midfielder-types at the feet of our talls. Goodes would have to retire or there would have to be an injury to the forward line.

I hope we hang onto him, but its hard to justify offering him anything more than 150k given our situation. People scoffed when Malthouse said we had the best depth he'd seen but it seriously feels that way lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back