Resource Contracts [Updated 05/10/2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jamie MacMillan wrote a big article about how he loves the club and would never consider leaving, I've heard it personally from him too at last year's cocktail party. I wouldn't worry about him.
Yeah but biz is biz,,,,I thought that about a previous employer of mine too and they didn't renew my contact after I made them over 100million dollars in a year and replaced me with 3 Indian graduates. Not saying that happens to jmac but the more money is involved these days the less loyalty there will be from clubs to players and players to clubs.....I think north is unique in culture have shown faith in players and in turn players to the club BUT it wouldn't take much to bring that culture toppling down......hell now that I think of it....let's ditch Hobart and play 2 blockbusters a year against collingwood and Carlton in India,,,,bring our own food and make sure they get a good dose of Delhi belly.....locals love out cricketers, they'll go nuts when they see afl.

I thought it would be good if we had a thread to keep track of the players' contracts.

Thompson
Cunnington
Black
Hansen
Bastinac

Dal Santo
Wells
Thomas
Ziebell
Adams
Goldstein
Garner
Gibson
Wood

Petrie
Swallow
McMahon
Wright
Atley
MacMillan
Harper
Tarrant
Mullett
McKenzie
C.Delaney
Daw
Currie
McDonald*
Dumont
Brown
Harvey

Firrito (FA)
Nahas
Grima
Anthony
Greenwood
Jacobs
Hine
Curran
Wilkins

Rookies

McGenniss
Warren
Tippett
Turner
Wallace (cat b, 2015)

I'm updating the OP with each announcement.
Kayne Turner....here is 2 million dollars,,,,that's a lot of money to a young man....sign this 15 year contract, and we'll pay you 100 dollars extra for every tackle, smother, shepherd, hitout, and goal you kick.

Tip of the hat to tippet, deserves his 2 more years....indifferent to other rookies....gone if see some real value in draft.
Greenwood,,,,,give him 3 years and be done with it.
Nahas an extra year.
Firrito an extra year if he wants (he deserves it - occasional run in the middle???)
Jacobs, showing something..2 years
Curran and Wilkins to rookie list for turner and tippet.

Anthony and Hine gone.

Grima???? Tough call, sorry old mate, you have a huge media career opportunity ...go for it.

Trade table, McMahon, daw, tarrant, Mckenzie???,,,,,Dunno if they'd attract much interest unless maybe a team like bulldogs would pay overs for daw or tarrant???

Im worried about Pigs contract. I reckon he is going home.

Me too! :-(
big chance of the peter bell scenario too, after winning the b&f, then going home......

Yeah I'm very concerned about Greenwood. Particularly because we'd likely be horribly under compensated for a guy who just might be a top 50 player in the competition atm.

Yeah I'm very concerned about Greenwood. Particularly because we'd likely be horribly under compensated for a guy who just might be a top 50 player in the competition atm.
I'm not convinced he falls under free agency so we'd have room for a trade if negotiations went belly up.

He's definitely not a free agent but I'd still be concerned about what we'd get back. Especially if he only wanted to go back to SA.

Being late August in his contract year, it is not looking good. I agree with you on compensation, I think we will get reamed value wise.

Port looks the obvious suitor, being an ex Magpie and the fact that the Crows are deep like us in the extractor department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol

We havnt got a captains arsehole on the list as it stands. If there was even 0.1% chance of getting Danger and he wanted the captaincy, the club would hire a Lear Jet, fly him over and crown him the moment a TV crew walked through the door.

Yes because costing your team a game because instead of taking an easy set shot you tried to be a smart arse just screams captaincy.

Being late August in his contract year, it is not looking good. I agree with you on compensation, I think we will get reamed value wise.

Port looks the obvious suitor, being an ex Magpie and the fact that the Crows are deep like us in the extractor department.
If he wants to leave ... Trade involving Butcher on the cards maybe ? We nearly took him with our 1st pick in his draft year ... Extremely happy we decided on cunners .

If he wants to leave ... Trade involving Butcher on the cards maybe ? We nearly took him with our 1st pick in his draft year ... Extremely happy we decided on cunners .

Butcher's just about finished.

Greenwood and our first two picks for Kerridge? He'd be great at Werribee.

Yeah but biz is biz,,,,I thought that about a previous employer of mine too and they didn't renew my contact after I made them over 100million dollars in a year and replaced me with 3 Indian graduates. Not saying that happens to jmac but the more money is involved these days the less loyalty there will be from clubs to players and players to clubs.....I think north is unique in culture have shown faith in players and in turn players to the club BUT it wouldn't take much to bring that culture toppling down......hell now that I think of it....let's ditch Hobart and play 2 blockbusters a year against collingwood and Carlton in India,,,,bring our own food and make sure they get a good dose of Delhi belly.....locals love out cricketers, they'll go nuts when they see afl.
image.jpg
Make it happen.

Very worried about Pig not signing up. His year reminds off of soccer players in the last year of their contract (play out of their skin so their value goes up and they get a nice deal at another club).

All year I've been worried about Hawthorn pinching him to replace Sewell. If that happens...

tumblr_lym8hz2MpL1r2zvsmo1_500.gif

Very worried about Pig not signing up. His year reminds off of soccer players in the last year of their contract (play out of their skin so their value goes up and they get a nice deal at another club).

All year I've been worried about Hawthorn pinching him to replace Sewell. If that happens...

tumblr_lym8hz2MpL1r2zvsmo1_500.gif
Mercutio (I think?), dawg.

lol

We havnt got a captains arsehole on the list as it stands. If there was even 0.1% chance of getting Danger and he wanted the captaincy, the club would hire a Lear Jet, fly him over and crown him the moment a TV crew walked through the door.

Have to side with DR here.

Captaincy is not something that you just hand out.

No Co-Captains.

No using it as a tool to woo a mercenary.

What if we did and he didn't come? How cheap does that make it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back