Resource Contracts [Updated 05/10/2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

An interesting list here, lets prioritise them:

Potential retirements: Petrie, Grima, Firrito & Adams
Potential delistings: McMahon, McKenzie, Harper.

I genuinely think the future of Harper and McKenzie will be in the hands of the senior four.
looks about right.
I reckon we will cut close to the minimum off the senior list this year so 3-5 outs, giving us 3 draft picks plus 2 players brought in (via trade or FA)

meaning 2 of the above 7 should survive

The delistings have been getting tougher every year in Scott's tenure.

Garner contracted for next year, surely a chance to be rookie listed. Not sure that Grima, McMahon and Adams will go around again. Happy for Spud, Drew and Boomer to though.

McKenzie and Harper's future are in their own hands.

Garner contracted for next year, surely a chance to be rookie listed. Not sure that Grima, McMahon and Adams will go around again. Happy for Spud, Drew and Boomer to though.

McKenzie and Harper's future are in their own hands.
Even though Harper is injured?

Tarrant will be offered great deals by many clubs at years end. Yes we stuck with him, that doesn't mean we can dick around with a man's future.

Ask Levi how that works.

Delist McMahon and retire Adams. Trade Harper for anything or delist. Retire the worst of Firrito or Narni after we lift the flag. Chop Warren and Rookie McKenzie (if not chopped).

That gives us full use of early picks or getting Danger.

Tarrant will be offered great deals by many clubs at years end. Yes we stuck with him, that doesn't mean we can dick around with a man's future.

Ask Levi how that works.

Delist McMahon and retire Adams. Trade Harper for anything or delist. Retire the worst of Firrito or Narni after we lift the flag. Chop Warren and Rookie McKenzie (if not chopped).

That gives us full use of early picks or getting Danger.

Tarrant owes us. Offer the bloke a good, fair contract, one that he deserves. If he knocks that back he'd be a real flog.

Narni will go, as will MacMahon & Adams.

Warren should be delisted from the rookie list.

Trade McKenzie for whatever, and re-rookie Harper if we can.

Petrie/Wells/Harvey will be interesting, regarding whether or not they continue on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarrant owes us. Offer the bloke a good, fair contract, one that he deserves. If he knocks that back he'd be a real flog.

What would you do if you were in his position if a club comes knocking with more money and a longer contract?

I think I'd go with whichever club offers greater security.

As much as that might suck for us.

Hopefully we can sign him up soon.

I read a snippet in the paper this week where Tarrant larfed at being a FA, said he expected his management to sign a deal with the Roos soon.

Edit: for mine we some easy choices at seasons end-

McMahon

Currie- trade ( hope we find him a home)

Adams

Grima or Tippet

Nahas or Harper

McKenize

Last edited:
I read a snippet in the paper this week where Tarrant larfed at being a FA, said he expected his management to sign a deal with the Roos soon.

McMahon

Adams

Grima or Tippet

Nahas or Harper

McKenize
If you look at it by 2017 this list will have a significantly different make up. Just look at these highly likely retirements:

Retired: Harvey – Wells – Dal Santo – Petrie – Firitto – Grima – Waite – Adams – McMahon

Then you have these guys who would struggle to justify their place on the list:

Delisted/Traded: Harper – McKenzie – Dan Currie – Wallace – Warren - Tippett

Leaving us a team of:

B: Thompson – Tarrant – Wright

HB: Hansen – Durdin – Macmillan

C: Atley – Swallow – McDonald

HF: Higgins – Brown – Turner

F: Thomas – Daw – Black

R: Goldstein – Cunnington – Ziebell

Int: Wood – Dumont – Bastinac – Mullett

Garner – Gibson – Vickers-Willis – Fordham – Preuss – Nahas – Nielsen - Jacobs

Because of the significant number of potential retirements we could hang on to one or two players like McKenzie and Harper, but that still requires a significant list regeneration. That's potentially 15 list changes over 2 years, which is the most we will have had since the start of the Scott tenure.

I hope we continue to take interest in the FA pool because I think we need it. Not sure that the draft will give us what we need to stay competitive. Our top 22 look decent enough but there are many questions after that point. Guys like Jacobs, Gibson and Macmillan may not look like long term players to some, but we need to keep them on the list otherwise we will be lining up 18 year olds with picks 50+ to replace them.

Last edited:

McMahon

Adams

Grima or Tippet

Nahas or Harper

McKenize
I think they are all the likely names on the cards, although don't see Tippett being offloaded. Depending on what happens with trades and FA, we may not need any more than 3 or 4 changes to the list this year, especially with the surge of retirements from 2016. No disrespect to McMahon, Adams, Narni, who have been great North clubmen, but their retirements can't really compare to those of Petrie, Boomer, and Wells.

I wouldn't be surprised if this year saw us farewell Loose, Narni, Patch, and Currie whilst holding on to Harps and BMac for one more year. Hope the Taz and Maj signatures are sorted out smoothly too. Nahas likely to get back onto the senior list in 2016 based on what he has shown so far, perhaps try the changing places game between senior and rookie list for Nahas-Harper, although it flopped last year with Tippett-Delaney.

I think they are all the likely names on the cards, although don't see Tippett being offloaded. Depending on what happens with trades and FA, we may not need any more than 3 or 4 changes to the list this year, especially with the surge of retirements from 2016. No disrespect to McMahon, Adams, Narni, who have been great North clubmen, but their retirements can't really compare to those of Petrie, Boomer, and Wells.

I wouldn't be surprised if this year saw us farewell Loose, Narni, Patch, and Currie whilst holding on to Harps and BMac for one more year. Hope the Taz and Maj signatures are sorted out smoothly too. Nahas likely to get back onto the senior list in 2016 based on what he has shown so far, perhaps try the changing places game between senior and rookie list for Nahas-Harper, although it flopped last year with Tippett-Delaney.
Tippett?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back