Remove this Banner Ad

Which leaves:

Firrito (UFA)
Kennedy
L.Delaney
Mabon
Sierakowski
Gysberts
so out of the 6 players without a contract in terms of most to least likely to get a new contract i'd rank them

L Delaney-already been offered one so he just needs to sign it
Firrito-chance to get 1 final year as solid ready made depth but may retire
Gysberts-Only been on the list one year and has been good in the VFL but might not get a new contract, would be unlucky
Mabon-Developing ruck but hasn't played a game in his 3 years and i can't see it happening, might be rookied if lucky but could be gone
Sierakowski-Gone
Kennedy-Gone

I think there's a chance that all the uncontracted players + LA will be gone. Otherwise there would've been a re-signing or two already.

Let's say we bring in:

2xFA's (NDS, Betts)
1 trade target (let's say Docherty)
3 mandatory draft selections

That means we have to delist/trade away 6 players. Could easily be 7 if we rate the 4th draft pick (not necessarily a 4th rounder) higher than the remaining player.

Obviously it's a stretch that we'd bring in 3 from other AFL lists but it's definitely a chance. I think a few players will have their future decided based on how successful our trade/FA period is.

I think there's a chance that all the uncontracted players + LA will be gone. Otherwise there would've been a re-signing or two already.

I think a few players will have their future decided based on how successful our trade/FA period is.
Well, that just makes too much sense. :stern look

I was kinda hoping they'd have similar arguments in the footy dept as we do here, over who is better, who's worth more, then simply make it happen from there. Bugger this real world crap.

Cunnington
Thompson
Goldstein
Adams
Hansen
Bastinac
Thomas
Black
Gibson
Anthony
Greenwood
Jacobs
Hine
Curran
Wallace (r)
Garner
Wood
Wilkins
Harvey (UFA)
Grima
McGenniss (r)
Warren (r)

thanks Daz, so who are the must sign over pre-season from this list of contracts ending 2014 and in what order and for how long? I'll go with.

Black (10 year extension):)
Cunnington (3 year extension)
Thompson (3 year extension)
Hansen (3 year extension)
Goldstein (3 year extension)
Bastinac (3 year extension)
Thomas (3 year extension)
Garner (2 year extension)
Gibson (2 year extension)
Jacobs (1 year extension)

Cunnington
Thompson
Goldstein
Adams
Hansen
Bastinac
Thomas
Black
Gibson
Anthony
Greenwood
Jacobs
Hine
Curran
Wallace (r)
Garner
Wood
Wilkins
Harvey (UFA)
Grima
McGenniss (r)
Warren (r)

No worries with those blokes, especially Cunners so laid back he would probably just sign the first contract put in front of him. The key one's to lock in are obviously Black, Goldy, Basti and Hansen. Alot on that list for next year have got to do a lot for another deal imo. Would like to see as many as possible wrapped up early. Which we seem to do with ease the last few years.

Wood & Garner will most likely be the first two done.

I'm surprised we haven't announced any senior listed delistings yet. I'm sure it would have been decided and told to the players by now.
Kennedy, sierakowski, gysberts, mabon all without contracts and all surely gone

My mail is, that there are about 1/2 dozen players that haven't been spoken to yet. They are waiting until after trade week.

My mail is, that there are about 1/2 dozen players that haven't been spoken to yet. They are waiting until after trade week.

We are in a funny position this year, with no obvious spuds (other than Firritto, Spud in name only) who are banging down the exit door. As easily as we can make a case to delist Siera, Kennedy, Gysberts, Mabon, everyone of them could justifiably be on the list next year, so can see the club watching how Free Agency and trade week(s) pans out before making too many calls. No doubt the managers of these four, plus Delaney, Greenwood, and Anthony, will be on the phone testing the waters, but I guess our delistings might be some of the last to be filed with AFL House.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks Daz, so who are the must sign over pre-season from this list of contracts ending 2014 and in what order and for how long? I'll go with.

Black (10 inch extension):)
Cunnington (3 year extension)
Thompson (3 year extension)
Hansen (3 year extension)
Goldstein (3 year extension)
Bastinac (3 year extension)
Thomas (3 year extension)
Garner (2 year extension)
Gibson (2 year extension)
Jacobs (1 year extension)

EFA

Be great to see Goldy and Hansen signed up by the time the intraclub rolls round, obviously others as well but if we lock these two in early we can let other clubs suffer the months of speculation over leaving under FA

Are we certain Garner and Wood got 2 year deals? Most early draft picks these days get a mandatory 3.

Would be nice if the club confirmed it but I'm very confident in my info for those two (plus Hine, Gysberts and Jacobs who I added at the same time).

The AFL doesn't even release a list to the clubs. They have to fill in the gaps by talking with managers. It's ridiculous.

I think that 3 year trend was just used during the GWS window to avoid our own Scully situation. Remember McKenzie and Curran only got 2 year deals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back