Resource Contracts [Updated 05/10/2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Contracted players not getting a game

McMahon, Wright, Harper, McKenzie, C.Delaney, Currie, Dumont, Brown

Dumont and Brown obviously developing. Currie would have to go if he got offered a #1 role but I don't see that happening. C.Delaney's problem has been injury not a lack of form or opportunity. McKenzie could be lured home with the promise of regular 1's action (Crows not Port) but he's well settled in Melb and has been given opportunities. McMahon, Wright, Harper - entirely possible that club & player could agree that a move is for the best.

Out of contract

Garner, Wood - pretty regulation 2 year extensions with slight wage increases you'd think.
Greenwood, Gibson - deserve new 2 year deals on pretty good money.
Grima - will likely get another 1 year deal. Harsh given his output but understandable given his injury issues I suppose.
Harvey - will surely go again. normally gets done at about Rd 18, from memory.
Nahas - has shown enough to get another 1 year deal minimum. Certainly could go beyond that.
Firrito - deserves another year on current form. Would be surprised if the club rushed into anything, though.
Jacobs - will get another go at AFL level at some stage this year. Needs to take it. My patience with him is less than most.
Anthony - in a similar boat. VFL form won't cut it. At 26, he needs to offer something to the AFL lineup.
Hine - has fallen quite a long way back. Has limited upside and is in trouble imo.
Curran - no idea. Suspect if he gets on the park this year they'll keep him. Fingers crossed for him.
Wilkins - was never going to have an immediate impact but we need big inroads in 2014 and it's yet to come.

Rookies

Tippett - will obviously be retained but the injury might cost him promotion. Certainly more convenient for us to leave him for another year.
Turner - you don't draft a kid knowing he'll stay in school with the intention of cutting him after one year.
Warren - 3rd year as a rookie so it's promote or delist. What I've seen I've liked but he certainly needs a good next 10 weeks. Not often a guy gets promoted after 3 years without a senior game.
McGenniss - good runner and accumulator but looks every bit a VFL battler to me. Disposal not up to scratch and not overly quick or strong so I doubt he could be an effective tagger at AFL level.

Can anyone spot any errors?

Thompson
Cunnington
Black
Hansen
Bastinac

Dal Santo
Wells
Thomas
Ziebell
Adams
Goldstein
Garner
Gibson
Wood

Petrie
Swallow
McMahon
Wright
Atley
MacMillan
Harper
Tarrant
Mullett
McKenzie
C.Delaney
Daw
Currie
McDonald*
Dumont
Brown
Harvey

Firrito (FA)
Nahas
Grima
Anthony
Greenwood
Jacobs
Hine
Curran
Wilkins

Rookies

McGenniss
Warren
Tippett
Turner
Wallace (cat b, 2015)

Last edited:
Wood just got 2 years, so end 2016?

Firrito (FA)
Nahas
Grima
Anthony
Greenwood
Jacobs
Hine
Curran
Wilkins

Pretty happy with the look of our contract list. Just one name standing out. Get a bloody move on with Pig, Walshy!

Nahas and Jacobs will get extensions. Firrito will get a 1-year deal after this year's efforts if he would like it. Grima and Hine on the cusp. Wilkins and Anthony will be packing their bags. Curran maybe too, but hopefully with some re-rookieing (pardon the speling)

Good stuff with my boy, Mason, and glad to see the Beast keep fighting the good fight for at least another year.

Next year isn't looking good though. Jesus.
Who are you worried will scarper or be targeted?

Petrie - hardly
Swallow - hardly
McMahon - only be elsewhere if we delist him
Wright - same (and there's the connection with JZ?!)
Atley - a target, but unlikely with the Pirate connection
MacMillan - see above; the Pirate Captain
Harper - only if we delist or try to trade
Tarrant - if we don't take another punt on him, who would? He'd give it away if not recontracted.
Mullett - possible I suppose, but unlikely to go elsewhere voluntarily
McKenzie - SA calling?! Possible, but doubtful, especially with the one-on-one coaching with Dal.
C.Delaney - St Kilda in a trade? Doubt we'd do it, otherwise he'd have to go into the draft.
Daw - trade currency or fresh start. (Personally I wouldn't mind seeing what we could get).
Currie - meh
McDonald* - as if he'd go anywhere else
Dumont - SA calling, if he doesn't see opportunities coming fast enough
Brown - I see mutual regard here.
Harvey - our best player would walk into a team in their premiership window. He's been targeted before; definite flight risk!

The above makes me wonder how North supporters would have felt about Harvey if he had walked to Hawthorn after they offered him two years in 2012 (?).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are you worried will scarper or be targeted?

Petrie - hardly
Swallow - hardly
McMahon - only be elsewhere if we delist him
Wright - same (and there's the connection with JZ?!)
Atley - a target, but unlikely with the Pirate connection
MacMillan - see above; the Pirate Captain
Harper - only if we delist or try to trade
Tarrant - if we don't take another punt on him, who would? He'd give it away if not recontracted.
Mullett - possible I suppose, but unlikely to go elsewhere voluntarily
McKenzie - SA calling?! Possible, but doubtful, especially with the one-on-one coaching with Dal.
C.Delaney - St Kilda in a trade? Doubt we'd do it, otherwise he'd have to go into the draft.
Daw - trade currency or fresh start. (Personally I wouldn't mind seeing what we could get).
Currie - meh
McDonald* - as if he'd go anywhere else
Dumont - SA calling, if he doesn't see opportunities coming fast enough
Brown - I see mutual regard here.
Harvey - our best player would walk into a team in their premiership window. He's been targeted before; definite flight risk!

You're joking right? Sarcasm is hard to judge online.

The above makes me wonder how North supporters would have felt about Harvey if he had walked to Hawthorn after they offered him two years in 2012 (?).

Like my beating heart had been ripped out of my chest.

Thompson
Cunnington
Black
Hansen
Bastinac

Dal Santo
Wells
Thomas
Ziebell
Adams
Goldstein
Garner
Gibson
Wood

Petrie
Swallow
McMahon
Wright
Atley
MacMillan
Harper
Tarrant
Mullett
McKenzie
C.Delaney
Daw
Currie
McDonald*
Dumont
Brown
Harvey

Firrito (FA)
Nahas
Grima
Anthony
Greenwood
Jacobs
Hine
Curran
Wilkins

Rookies

McGenniss
Warren
Tippett
Turner
Wallace (cat b, 2015)

I can see errors but not the ones you're looking for.

How do you think you would have felt towards Harvey though?

Incredibly complex question.

Its acedemic I know and I will preface with watching him with the ball is nothing but pure delight.

It would depend on what we got and how he left.

David Hale style exit and decent compensation and we'd deal with it.

Up and leave like Gib$on and weak compensation like what the Hawks got for Buddy and watching him play would be a dagger in the heart.

I am glad this is just talk of a potential outcome that never happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back