Convert Essendon Members to the Dogs!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Cute, they are talking about us on their board now.
Without checking, i'm sure I know which thread it'll be in. Always good to go have a laugh at that one. It's the forum version of a monkey exhibit at the zoo. So much self pleasure and faeces flinging.

Do not want

Why didn't they commit to the Dogs in the first place?

We historically are underdogs, working-class and take in from the Western Suburbs, we haven't had success in over 60 years but as Dogs fans we are loyal and we have to hang onto optimism that one day we will hold up the holy grail again on that one Saturday in September (or October).

Essendon are the successful, wealthy middle-class Western Suburbs team that was seen as the more attractive and EASIER club to support by many of our neighbours, meh, they are the complete opposite of us.

We gained a few Fitzroy fans when they went under, but this is a different case with Essendon, they should stick with their club, their club have been historically arrogant, their fan base have been largely arrogant also in return. A few down years shouldn't force many a supporter to change allegiance to their neighbour and local rival, though I'd imagine many a Essendon fan thinks we are little brother instead.

If Essendon have anyone to blame it's their administration, the media and the AFL. Supporting us is just running away from the problem imo. Will they in turn run away from us when we take our turn back down the bottom or if Essendon come good again in say 5 years time?

If they are so aggrieved, they should support Carlton, they have more in common with them than us.

I don't want any Essendon foamers, and any fringe fan willing to switch clubs isn't a fan worth having.

The fabric of their club is stained with arrogance, dishonesty and entitlement, and I'm not sure anyone that was ever invested in it could reconcile that with our club's ethos.

They can keep their fans, they're half the reason their club is in this mess whether they'd like to admit it or not. Their collective delusion that their success is somehow crucial to the game led to "whatever it takes".

There may not be a huge number of them but if some Essendon fans are repulsed by the ethical standards shown by their club then they should be welcomed with open arms by the WB. If they are attracted by what they see as an administration with strong ethical principles then I say they are exactly the sort of supporter we should be encouraging.

I know of at least one lifelong bombers supporter (50 years or more) who has said "enough, I'm going over to the Bulldogs". He's hardly a fringe supporter or half-hearted.

I don't want any Essendon foamers, and any fringe fan willing to switch clubs isn't a fan worth having.

The fabric of their club is stained with arrogance, dishonesty and entitlement, and I'm not sure anyone that was ever invested in it could reconcile that with our club's ethos.

They can keep their fans, they're half the reason their club is in this mess whether they'd like to admit it or not. Their collective delusion that their success is somehow crucial to the game led to "whatever it takes".

Much as I love the vibe of your post, anyone who is willing to jump on board with the doggies, part with their hard-earned, and turn up every week to cheer on Murph, Bont, Stringer and the boys, and carte what the result is, is welcome. End of story.

If they defect from Essendon they will go the Collingwood or Richmond. Supporters who only feel safe in numbers won't be attracted to us. We also need to create more fan involvement at our games to create some atmosphere. We are way too quiet some times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We must stop them from joining our club! Build a wall around them, a great wall. And make them pay for it!
smtrump_zpslfxqyi2u.jpg

Do not want

We historically are underdogs, working-class and take in from the Western Suburbs, we haven't had success in over 60 years but as Dogs fans we are loyal and we have to hang onto optimism that one day we will hold up the holy grail again on that one Saturday in September (or October).

Essendon are the successful, wealthy middle-class Western Suburbs team that was seen as the more attractive and EASIER club to support by many of our neighbours, meh, they are the complete opposite of us.

We gained a few Fitzroy fans when they went under, but this is a different case with Essendon, they should stick with their club, their club have been historically arrogant, their fan base have been largely arrogant also in return. A few down years shouldn't force many a supporter to change allegiance to their neighbour and local rival, though I'd imagine many a Essendon fan thinks we are little brother instead.

If Essendon have anyone to blame it's their administration, the media and the AFL. Supporting us is just running away from the problem imo. Will they in turn run away from us when we take our turn back down the bottom or if Essendon come good again in say 5 years time?

If they are so aggrieved, they should support Carlton, they have more in common with them than us.

Majority of Essendon supporters are not wealthy middle class. They are the minority, Essendon is a small surburb.

Essendon supporters dominate the lower classes of the outer western and northern suburbs such as Caroline Springs, Keilor, Avondale Heights, Greenvale, Graigieburn.

If only 1 in 20 bulldog members knows a supporter who has switched like I do and a few others, then that's close to 2,000.

Make no mistake, Essendon supporters dominate our heartland. We need all the supporters we can get if we plan to complete with the big boys, I'm sure the club would agree.

So if you know a Dons supporter, give then a shove, get them on board.

Majority of Essendon supporters are not wealthy middle class. They are the minority, Essendon is a small surburb.

Essendon supporters dominate the lower classes of the outer western and northern suburbs such as Caroline Springs, Keilor, Avondale Heights, Greenvale, Graigieburn.

If only 1 in 20 bulldog members knows a supporter who has switched like I do and a few others, then that's close to 2,000.

Make no mistake, Essendon supporters dominate our heartland. We need all the supporters we can get if we plan to complete with the big boys, I'm sure the club would agree.

So if you know a Dons supporter, give then a shove, get them on board.
Obviously you've never caught a train in from the east of Melbourne to an Essendon game. Due to our previous zone around ringwood area there's a heap of supporters from out that way, often meaning I couldn't even get on the train at glenferrie, another Essendon supporter hot spot.

Do not want

Yep. They already have 16 flags of their own, now they could get onboard for our ride. I don't think so.

Let them show loyalty to their own club (disgraced as it is) like we've shown long standing loyalty to ours, mainly through thin and thin.

Yep. They already have 16 flags of their own, now they could get onboard for our ride. I don't think so.

Let them show loyalty to their own club (disgraced as it is) like we've shown long standing loyalty to ours, mainly through thin and thin.
We will do. As thrilling as another prelim would be, we'll be ok.

So, this is the 'Black Ops' the weapon was alluding to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back