Cory Bernardi

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Conservative people - but the Melbourne Uni Liberal Club is not what it was - a group of nice men and women with similar political beliefs - they are more like Blackshirts than a political party - they bully people on campus and disrupt events they do not like -they refuse to be taught anything about Marx in a philosophy course - perhaps they are the ones who are not too keen on independent thought - people like Bill Buckley and Fred Hayek had studied Marx and knew his work well - did not seem to effect their politics -anyone can abominate what they don't understand -the honest way is to engage with the material and challenge it that way - I assume you are a fan of the former
They've mellowed a tad then?;)

My source is the fact I was a YL for 3 years.
It's nice to see you make up stuff. What you said about the YL is not true as people tend to talk about free markets and lower taxes...Muslims hardly come up at all.

A young lib becoming a Marxist Islamic apologist, very funny.

Last edited:
It's nice to see you make up stuff. What you said about the YL is utter BS as people tend to talk about free markets and lower taxes...Muslims hardly come up at all.

A young lib becoming a Marxist Islamic apologist, very funny.
It's not BS. I experienced first hand. If you want to know anymore insider stuff, just ask.

And I can tell you were a YL. Only a YL is dumb enough to conflate Marxism and islamism.

It's not BS. I experienced first hand. If you want to know anymore insider stuff, just ask.

And I can tell you were a YL. Only a YL is dumb enough to conflate Marxism and islamism.

Kidd don't you go changing brother - your terse logic is a refreshing change around here!

A Liberal Party that actually focused on small government - both economically and socially - would wipe the floor in Canberra and ensure the ALP would have no chance to govern for decades. We're a pretty easy going lot that get turned off by the ideological battles fought by the far right and far left - in the end the swinging voter just wants able to put food on their plates (whilst enjoying a few luxuries here and there) and get given a 'fair go' (although interpretation of that can be quite subjective at times). They want a stable government - Lib or Labor, it doesn't really matter as long as they keep things ticking along.

The Libs and Young Libs though have now been overtaken by ideological warriors intent on destroying anything that's even remotely on the left side of politics, and even though the electorate tends to reject it (see: demise of John Howard over Workchoices, Tony Abbott's current unpopularity), they are blinkered to what Australia really is about. You've seen it during the Queensland election when many of the Lib politicians consistently stated that all they had to do was sell their message better - none were prepared to consider that perhaps it is the message itself that stinks. You've seen it during the last federal Liberal Party leadership spill attempt - Tony Abbott declared that 'good government starts today', lending itself to the question of what kind of government there was before then. And, on topic, Corey Bernardi is an example of ideological warrior that is increasingly toxic to the Australian public.

The Liberal Party brand is mud. The good news (for them) is that the ALP brand is not much better. Can we not get a government that does not govern on ideological terms?

Again, you are making this stuff up. People tend to talk about free markets etc, there was none of the' kick the muzzos out' or bitching about the black fellas...To be honest it sounds like you haven't been in the YL before, but merely making up the most extreme cases you may have seen in the international news and then linking it to the YL. I mean everybody can do this, did you want to hear about what I experienced in the Young Greens? It's that easy.

Also I think you would find that the YL is quite culturally and racially diverse with many people from Indian and Chinese backgrounds, so the comment regarding to blackfellas which clearly was a reference that YL is a white only club fails.

No political party favours independent thought.

The young libs are a bunch of preening, private school poonses. From my experiences, they can be split into a few categories.

1. Doctor Daddy sons and daughters. They got to wear a suit to the meetings!
2. Those who rolled up because they knew the corporate members could supply them with 'refreshments'.
3. Flogs who wanted to 'network'.
4. The more middle class members who worshipped fake proles like Bolt. They didn't care for the tax policies and de-regulation stuff, they just wanted Mussies out and blackfellas quiet.

The young libs struck me as particularly conviction-less.

So you were a convictionless preening, private school poonse?

Which of the four categories did you fall into?

I like Conservative people - but the Melbourne Uni Liberal Club is not what it was - a group of nice men and women with similar political beliefs - they are more like Blackshirts than a political party - they bully people on campus and disrupt events they do not like -they refuse to be taught anything about Marx in a philosophy course - perhaps they are the ones who are not too keen on independent thought - people like Bill Buckley and Fred Hayek had studied Marx and knew his work well - did not seem to effect their politics -anyone can abominate what they don't understand -the honest way is to engage with the material and challenge it that way - I assume you are a fan of the former

I still fail to understand how you teaching that young libs are 'fookwits' to your class is justified. You know why? Because its not.

No I didn't. He's imposing personal views in a teaching environment. Not uncommon among those of the left.
No Mr Bolt, I mean you simply misunderstood what he wrote.

Here's the original quote. When I read it I put a semi-colon after 'I teach em'. Does that make more sense?

T

I teach em they are the biggest pack of fookwits you could imagine - Keating was correct Young Fogies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I teach em; they are the biggest pack of fookwits you could imagine - Keating was correct Young Fogies

Does that make sense Danny Cullen?

If there are any other basic grammar issues I can clarify for you, please ask.

I don't intend to take anything you post as gospel. I read things as I read them.

BTW, I'm not a grammar nazi. Seems you are.

I don't intend to take anything you post as gospel. I read things as I read them.

BTW, I'm not a grammar nazi. Seems you are.
So you honestly think Contra Mundum was saying he teaches Young libs that they are *******s.

To me it seems like he was claiming he teaches them, and they are *******s.

Im not a grammar nazi, I do use logic though. You should try it.

i am not surprised that you are from a pooncey private school background!

CBC Freo - it's Perth's Kings School - we would go the knuckle against Aquinas and Trinity to prove wog supremacy

Nothing wrong with a private school education, where else are you going to learn a healthy disrespect for the born to rule types, at the same time as playing on good quality turf wickets?

Don't tell me your parents wasted their hard earned on you too! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back