News Corey Gault officially upgraded.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't, I hope they both play.

If we drop White and only play Gault, who is the second forward when Gault is in the ruck?

White plays his best football as a forward, while Gault has actually played some really good footy as a ruckman at VFL level.

Play them both please.

as they are about the play with snorkels on, I'd be happy to drop white and play Karnezis.

Aren't they forcasting a wet night on Saturday. Will be a bit silly having 3 or 4 talls in the forward line if those conditions become a reality.

Gault and White are mobile runners who are pretty good at ground level. I don't think the conditions will be a hindrance. Cloke might struggle a bit though.

If we drop White and only play Gault, who is the second forward when Gault is in the ruck?

White plays his best football as a forward, while Gault has actually played some really good footy as a ruckman at VFL level.

Play them both please.

Precisely.

We just cannot go back to the 2 talls model that Buckley has insisted on playing for much of his time in charge and expect to kick a winning score.

I will lose my s**t if I see a 2 talls forward line again, because it will mean Cloke will be fighting 1v5 deep while his sidekick is high up the ground.

He deserves his spot - Gault.

If anything, we can probably stretch them for height up forward.

White's had a good pre-season by all reports - I think he'll do a lot better this year.

Let's hope we see Cloke move from the goal square tonight and spend some time at Centre Half Forward.

tonight?

Well that about bursts the PK bubble... Congratulations to Gault he has an opportunity for the next few weeks at least to press his claims so here's hoping he can have an impact!

PK can still play as a Medium Forward and also play on the Wing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They may name Cloke, White and Gault in the side tonight and keep PK as an emergency. May pull Gault out of the side after reviewing the conditions on Saturday. Or Gault may just be named as an emergency tonight. He would still be required to be promoted to be named. Either way, congrats and hope he impresses in the coming weeks.

Well that about bursts the PK bubble... Congratulations to Gault he has an opportunity for the next few weeks at least to press his claims so here's hoping he can have an impact!
I think Patty was always contesting for a spot with the likes of Fasolo, Kennedy, Blair and Broomhead more then Gault.

If Witts was fit Gault may not even have been upgraded, that's the spot Corey will take if he plays.

I'd expect us to take 25 players up to Brisbane, with only a VFL practice match on in Melbourne there's no reason not to take 25 to cover all conditions and circumstances that may arise.

I think Patty was always contesting for a spot with the likes of Fasolo, Kennedy, Blair and Broomhead more then Gault.

If Witts was fit Gault may not even have been upgraded, that's the spot Corey will take if he plays.

I'd expect us to take 25 players up to Brisbane, with only a VFL practice match on in Melbourne there's no reason not to take 25 to cover all conditions and circumstances that may arise.

I would play PK over Blair easily.

Agree - We will take all 3 Emergency as the Practise Game is just at Olympic Park

Good news. Congratulations to the kid. He deserved the opportunity.
Have liked what I have seen of him so far and think he can become a good contributor over the years.
Once he gets a bit of experience under his belt I think he will be more damaging than White.

Play them both please.
Normally I'd agree as it's pretty spot on but the weather conditions up here a treacherous for the next three days. White may just miss due to lack of smalls for this week only I hope.

NO REALLY:eek:

Kind of makes it look silly putting him on the Rookie List and he get’s Upgraded for RD1.

So we have a 3 Tall Forward line of Cloke,White and Grundy/Gault

Its all about flexibility of roster spots... There was no reason to do it earlier

Normally I'd agree as it's pretty spot on but the weather conditions up here a treacherous for the next three days. White may just miss due to lack of smalls for this week only I hope.

This was the reason for my comment. We aren't going with all 4 of White, Cloke, Gault and PK in the same line up at Etihad let alone in the expected conditions. It just isn't what this current match committee does!

With Cloke injured it was kinda an necessity. Good old Friday training sessions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back