Coronavirus/COVID-19

It took until today for a government in Australia to announce the setting up of mRNA vaccine production.
It’s a shame it’s the Victorian government, rather than the Feds. IF the Feds tried to do it, it may never be completed.... so probably good that Vic stepped up.
Pretty sure I heard the Feds were involved in the announcement as well but yes it looks like it was largely a Vic government initiative.

Fear has taken hold over there. People have stopped going on buses, auto rickshaws and ubers. They either walk or don’t go out. The roads are quiet and people are mostly not interacting much at all.
Good move :oops: :eek:

Fear has taken hold over there. People have stopped going on buses, auto rickshaws and ubers. They either walk or don’t go out. The roads are quiet and people are mostly not interacting much at all.
Son of a friend is working in Delhi, didn’t know about the lockdown. Told his parents everyone seemed to be going about normally 🤔

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A story, apologies for the length:
There is a nursing home run by an older man, who is a stickler for cleanliness. He has changed his staff, to only those who can live onsite. No one is allowed inside the compound and the food gets left outside before staff retrieve it, to prevent Covid. Nearly all the neighbouring nursing homes have lost more than half their residents to covid but they are unscathed until now....
The older man is stressed and frequently drinks too much. He gets sick and goes to hospital. Unfortunately the Hospitals are full.... he calls his brother-in-law (MP) and gets admitted to the best hospital. His life is still in balance. Meanwhile, the compound has been breached, as staff are not being supervised enough. Covid will find a way in now.

While this is only a small story about 1 man and the 110+ residents at his nursing home (including his wife). The deaths will probably be listed as “illness”, as this story is from India and their government can’t admit how bad things are.

JHC I've kept myself mostly isolated for over a year now and what happens? Just when I'm required to have a Covid test prior to surgery a week from today, Covid rears its ugly head again. I'm planning on having the test done over the weekend. I canceled my Covid jab appt from last week since the doctor's office is too close for Uber to take me and booked into my own GP's office for the 26th. I've also postponed my cataract surgery since it was to be done just the week after my surgery next week. If it's not one thing it's another :(

The gov still won’t block everyone coming in, but want to return to Australia from overseas?

Congratulations, 4-week quarantine at your own expense instead of 2.

This is about the 3rd case in a row where someone has become positive after leaving quarantine having tested negative.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A story, apologies for the length:
There is a nursing home run by an older man, who is a stickler for cleanliness. He has changed his staff, to only those who can live onsite. No one is allowed inside the compound and the food gets left outside before staff retrieve it, to prevent Covid. Nearly all the neighbouring nursing homes have lost more than half their residents to covid but they are unscathed until now....
The older man is stressed and frequently drinks too much. He gets sick and goes to hospital. Unfortunately the Hospitals are full.... he calls his brother-in-law (MP) and gets admitted to the best hospital. His life is still in balance. Meanwhile, the compound has been breached, as staff are not being supervised enough. Covid will find a way in now.

While this is only a small story about 1 man and the 110+ residents at his nursing home (including his wife). The deaths will probably be listed as “illness”, as this story is from India and their government can’t admit how bad things are.

First resident at that Nursing home died from Covid last night.

The workers who took the administrator to the hospital quarantined for 24 hours upon return.... obviously violating the nursing homes rules BUT the boss wasn’t around, so they did it anyway.

Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
ASADA
Getting my first Covid jab today.

Not sure which one, but I assume it's Astrazenica.

Will let you know if any side effects, hopefully I won't end up regurgitating while my head turns 360 degrees - more importantly no blood clots.:worried:
Maybe respect Bill Gates a bit more if you want no blood clots :think:

Be interesting to look into the studies. Perhaps the only ones that have blood clots are Apple users?

Maybe respect Bill Gates a bit more if you want no blood clots :think:

Be interesting to look into the studies. Perhaps the only ones that have blood clots are Apple users?
lucky I'm Android.

Just done. Didn't feel a thing.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Jun 7, 2007
yarraville
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
emoji54.png
lucky I'm Android.

Just done. Didn't feel a thing.

Tonight you might get the shivers, but it won't last
I might be one of the lucky ones, but I had no symptoms at all just a feeling like I was 13 again and my brother had punched me in the arm.

Back