Cotch freekicks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybenextyear

Premiership Player
May 21, 2008
Essendon Rehab Centre
AFL Club
Richmond
Not an excuse as we were flogged , but seriously. Cotch was scragged , dragged , suplexed and at one stage hit with a chair off the top turnbuckle from the unskilled professional drone Macaffer without any free kicks.. Pathetic how it was not picked up by the umpires. The AFL love child Pendels would have been given a golden ticket with that treatment.

Poor. Very poor.

Can't believe Mcaffer can get in the votes from commentators for that performance. It is weak for a scragger not to play within the rules. Evenweaker by our other players not to stand up for Cotchin and deliver their own justice if the umpires will not...

Really the most gutless display of non-umpiring I've ever seen. One even called out "We're watching you holding" & still paid nothinG:mad:
Only good thing is it let me focus my anger on that!

Can't believe Mcaffer can get in the votes from commentators for that performance. It is weak for a scragger not to play within the rules. Evenweaker by our other players not to stand up for Cotchin and deliver their own justice if the umpires will not...
Exactly, how many times at the centre bounce did Cotch go for the ball with *********McCrowley piggy backing him!

What a disgrace that none of our players tried to give him a chop out. Don't worry about him getting frees, where was macaffer getting pounded Everytime he went near it. Soft and pathetic...
Don't mean to intrude, but I did see Martin give him some assistance at least twice.

What a disgrace that none of our players tried to give him a chop out. Don't worry about him getting frees, where was macaffer getting pounded Everytime he went near it. Soft and pathetic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Martin was doing a fair bit of work blocking for him, should've been Thomas and Jackson though as Martin should be winning the footy himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, how many times at the centre bounce did Cotch go for the ball with *********McCrowley piggy backing him!

If I may. Watching that really pissed me off. Mostly that McCaffer wasn't even looking at the ball and the umpires were complicit in his cheating. But also that no-one stood 10 metres off the pack and hit him at pace, continually.

If I may. Watching that really pissed me off. Mostly that McCaffer wasn't even looking at the ball and the umpires were complicit in his cheating. But also that no-one stood 10 metres off the pack and hit him at pace, continually.
But you see, no-one could have possibly lined him up as they would have had to take out Cotch as well. He was literally attached to him:mad:

I thought his support was ******* piss weak. I tell you what should have happened, Jackson should have gone straight up to McCaffer grabbed him by the shirt and started a melee and sat on top of him with his knee leaning into his chest. Yeah so what we would have given away a free kick, but would rather see that then see our captain get his pants pulled down the way he did. Then when Mccaffer got up and play resumes and he did it again, then someone else like Martin should have gone and grabbed him by the shirt throw him on the ground and started another melee.

How do you think Hardwick as a player would have reacted seeing his captain getting smashed around like that? Tonight we had a chance to make a stand, no more will we get pushed around, yeah it could have been ugly with players on report but at the end of the day we would have sent a message to Collingwood to get ****ed.

We have no leaders at this club its pathetic. So instead we will get no where if we aren't prepared to defend ourselves, the heartless darlings.

The AFL seemed to invest seasons and time to umpire the game to the letter of the law. 3 games in and we have gone back to the jungle. Arm chopping, holding etc. Too far the other way and too soon. Full marks to Collingwood for realizing and employing the old scragger tatic.

There is "running with a player" but then there is macaffer practically molesting and grappling Cotch all night. Was pathetic, sure he got 5 frees but that wasnt even close to what Cotch needed. Didnt like seeing that as a footy fan.

I know you guys wont like this analogy and I apologise in advance, but needed a "Lloyd on Sewell" bump to really make a statement.. or a more legal approach like Hocking for us who blocks/bumps for Jobe and his team mates, doesnt show up on the stats but invaluable in the clinches.

On the positive, Tigers are still a relatively young team, your Ellis, Vlastuin, Conca, Arnott, etc will learn from this and in the future look out for Cotchy when he's copping something like that.

The same as what was allowed to go against Steve Johnson last week. On one occasion there Johnson ran for a ball and did not take possession but tapped it in front of himself. McAffer was allowed to grab him and throw him out of the way.

Well if thats what you're allowed to do as a tagger then I would expect our taggers to be doing exactly the same...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back