Cotchin v Dangerfield

Cotchin or Dangerfield

• Cotchin

Votes: 75 40.5%
  • Dangerfield

Votes: 110 59.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Voted Cotchin earlier in the year but after watching Danger for the past month or so i'd change my vote. The guy is carrying Adelaide as much as humanly possible. He sets up play from half back, still wins massive amounts of contested ball and plays full forward in patches in pretty much every game. He's going to be f****d before the seasons finished.

Interesting that Crows fans are justifying Dangerfield's modest form this year by pointing to all the attention he's copping. Cotchin has been dealing with it since 2010.

Hopefully now you all realise why Cotchin's 2012 was so much more impressive than Dangerfield's.

Interesting that Crows fans are justifying Dangerfield's modest form this year by pointing to all the attention he's copping. Cotchin has been dealing with it since 2010.

Hopefully now you all realise why Cotchin's 2012 was so much more impressive than Dangerfield's.
How was Cotchin's 13 disposal and 46.2% efficiency performance tonight?

Dangerfield although slightly overrated has Cotchin covered by a fair way

danger has the ability to be ablett-esc, can't say the same about cotchin, although cotch will still be an outstanding player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who cares who's more prolific? By that logic Rockliff is way better than all of them.
Prolific as in higher production with greater regularity (so far) . Fyfe's output is far more meaningful and over a greater period than Dangerfields, yet he was drafted seasons later.

I rate him as the better player, both can spray their kicks but Fyfe is simply more impactful more often.

Beams is a proven, consistent A grade player. Wins his own ball, sets up goals and kicks goals. Has Dangerfield covered.

Just because Dangerfield has impressive raw attributes, doesn't make him the best.

Heck Judd was doing what people say Dangerfield will one day be able to do, but from day dot. Unstoppable, un-tackleable, tearing apart the best midfield in the comp and kicking multiple goals. People hyping Dangerfield like he will be the greatest thing since sliced bread have to remember that Judd by the end of year 7 (end of 2014 for PD) was a Brownlow Medalist, MVP, 3xAA, Norm Smith medalist, 3x club B&F. Heck even Ablett who was a notoriously late bloomer was a 2x AA, 2x MVP, B&F, Geelong leading goal kicker, premiership player. Most midfield guns by this stage, from guys like Black, Cousins, Pendles, Voss, Ricciuto, Buckley, to Bartell, Selwood, and Michell had all been dominant for at least a couple of seasons by a similar stage in their careers.

I suppose what you have to hope for Paddy, is that he comes on very late like Swan or Watson and gets a couple of years of elite football before falling away. The problem is he relies so heavily on his physical traits as opposed to skill or smarts that injury will play a big factor.

However, I think I will continue to rate guys like Fyfe, Beams, Wingard, Wines, Libba, Prestia and now maybe Treloar higher, because not only are they already approaching the elite end, but they seem to have near equal scope to improve.

Prolific as in higher production with greater regularity (so far) . Fyfe's output is far more meaningful and over a greater period than Dangerfields, yet he was drafted seasons later.

I rate him as the better player, both can spray their kicks but Fyfe is simply more impactful more often.

Beams is a proven, consistent A grade player. Wins his own ball, sets up goals and kicks goals. Has Dangerfield covered.

Just because Dangerfield has impressive raw attributes, doesn't make him the best.

Heck Judd was doing what people say Dangerfield will one day be able to do, but from day dot. Unstoppable, un-tackleable, tearing apart the best midfield in the comp and kicking multiple goals. People hyping Dangerfield like he will be the greatest thing since sliced bread have to remember that Judd by the end of year 7 (end of 2014 for PD) was a Brownlow Medalist, MVP, 3xAA, Norm Smith medalist, 3x club B&F. Heck even Ablett who was a notoriously late bloomer was a 2x AA, 2x MVP, B&F, Geelong leading goal kicker, premiership player. Most midfield guns by this stage, from guys like Black, Cousins, Pendles, Voss, Ricciuto, Buckley, to Bartell, Selwood, and Michell had all been dominant for at least a couple of seasons by a similar stage in their careers.

I suppose what you have to hope for Paddy, is that he comes on very late like Swan or Watson and gets a couple of years of elite football before falling away. The problem is he relies so heavily on his physical traits as opposed to skill or smarts that injury will play a big factor.

However, I think I will continue to rate guys like Fyfe, Beams, Wingard, Wines, Libba, Prestia and now maybe Treloar higher, because not only are they already approaching the elite end, but they seem to have near equal scope to improve.
You do realise Danger did play forward in his first few years

So what? Fyfe played forward and midfield, also Beams. Wingard is playing forward and transitioning into the middle. Cousins and Judd started as forwards. Bartell played everywhere.

Paddy is very inconsistent and disappears under a tag. The last three guys had all matched Paddies best, but did so (or better), game after game.

He is a physical beast, but even Judd had elite disposal pre-OP and exceptional smarts. Likewise Fyfe may spray kicks, but has a killer footy brain, is mostly a great clutch player and shrugs tags as well as the best. There are some amazing young talents and whilst I rate Danger, a lot of guys who are just as good or better, not to mention those who could quickly overtake him.

He isn't the best young(ish) mid in the comp and I doubt he will be the best mid period, despite having the scope. Oh well, hope he proves me wrong, it's just the competition is stiff.

So did Beams, so did Fyfe. Unless you never watched a pies game, you'd know that Beams played 90% of his gametime as a half forward until late 2012.

So did Beams, so did Fyfe. Unless you never watched a pies game, you'd know that Beams played 90% of his gametime as a half forward until late 2012.
Just saying Danger has never been prolific and probably won't. And yes I have seen Collingwood play

Back