Could Buddy create history?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see buddy win Brownlow, mainly because I just want to see a non midfielder win it. However if he comes up short here the coleman is there for the taking and possible norm smith.

Has any club taken out premiership, Brownlow, norm smith and coleman in one season?

Coleman very likely, he's in the hunt.
Charlie, I bet my Mother Inlaw that he doesn't.
Normie, gotta get there first ... give it to Joey.
Premiership, ours to lose.

If we make it to the big stage I'd like to see Nick Mal win Normie, unlikely but gee he's been good.

Cant see Buddy getting enough votes to win the Charlie. Hopefully JPK continues the way he has been, should give it a real good shake.

Buddy winning a coleman in his first year will shut the hell out of all the tossers. So that would be good.

Norm Smith usually goes to someone under the umps nose, but I would love to see Parker win it!

Norm Smith can also go to the losing side.

GAblett Snr - 1989. 9 goals in a losing GF and almost dragged his team over the line on his own. Most superb effort of football I've witnessed. Never had the consistency of GAblettt Jnr but his best was certainly better.

Off topic but hot diggety damn this is good footage.

Norm Smith can also go to the losing side.

GAblett Snr - 1989. 9 goals in a losing GF and almost dragged his team over the line on his own. Most superb effort of football I've witnessed. Never had the consistency of GAblettt Jnr but his best was certainly better.

Off topic but hot diggety damn this is good footage.

Video is awesome. Music choice is appalling. :p

Ablett. Totally overrated, hey? :drunk:

I marvel at some of his performances, likewise for Carey and Plugger. Just supremo's in an era that focused on superstar battles and icons. I've come around to saying GAblett Jnr is probably the best overall footy player I've ever seen for pure work-rate/all round skill level etc. However I maintain, on his day, his father could do things I've never seen other players achieve. Likewise for Carey & Plugger. Feel so privileged I got to see them play.

The new breed of footballer is more athletic, physically superior and would probably run all over the players in previous eras, but I don't think you can teach that natural football instinct and magic some players ooze. GAblett(s), Plugger, Goodes, MickeyO, Carey, Buddy... O, wait...

Ablett (s) , Carey, Plugger, Dunstall, Kouta, Diesel, Loewe, Aker, Voss/Buckley/Hird, Daicos (only his last couple of years), Buddy, Judd....man I've seen a few. What I love about footy is no matter what the era there are amazing players to watch.

Genuine ball winners would be stars in any era. But its the meat and potatoes players that got the ball fwd to Ablett senior that would be eclipsed by modern AFL players.

It's why Plugger would win a coleman in any era, but if his teams played today they'd be cellar dwellers.

Buddy would be right up there with the best I've seen. At the end of his Sydney stint if he holds it together he might be close to the best I've seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back