Could Elliott win two awards and not really deserve either?

Could Elliott win two awards without deserving it?

• Mark was there

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Goal was retribution for 1970

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Both justified

Votes: 33 24.3%
  • It's daylight robbery if he wins both

Votes: 88 64.7%

• Total voters
Sep 5, 2007
Gippsland, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nashville predators
Jamie Elliott, has had a fair start to the year. A contender for both goal and Mark of the year, However, really he deserves neither. Now, probably harsh at the end of the day as it was two umpire errors that enabled them to happen but his mark wasn't held long enough/not controlled, whilst his goal was kicked from a fair way outside the boundary.

I mean, good luck to him, but sheesh he could get a couple of awards for nothing

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jamie Elliott, has had a fair start to the year. A contender for both goal and Mark of the year, However, really he deserves neither. Now, probably harsh at the end of the day as it was two umpire errors that enabled them to happen but his mark wasn't held long enough/not controlled, whilst his goal was kicked from a fair way outside the boundary.

I mean, good luck to him, but sheesh he could get a couple of awards for nothing

Lets just wait another 18 rounds of football before we get too stressed out over this most 'potentially serious' situation.:rolleyes:

stevo86

All Australian
Sep 10, 2008
perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
its a shame both of them weren't actually deserved because then he could win both, but I doubt he would win either as they both weren't there... SUCKS!

Cmarsh

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2012
NSW
AFL Club
GWS
[
Of course they are, but do that many people really know/care who wins the award in the end? I know that I couldn't for the life of me recall who even won it last year, for example.
Without even resorting to youtube, I'm sure you could recall Matt white's and Chad Wingard's efforts last year?

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
[

Without even resorting to youtube, I'm sure you could recall Matt white's and Chad Wingard's efforts last year?

I recall Wingards's mark now you've mentioned it, and remember seeing Matt White run a lot. Needed reminding though, and had no idea either won awards for their efforts.

When you watch a lot of footy, and all the review shows, a lot of the hyped moments and stuff like that eventually just blurs together, and you can forget when and where things even happened.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Howe already has a way way way better mark.

No Elliot's was not a mark. Disgusted me how the commentators went on about it, I love the kid for what it's worth because he does stuff like that but that wasn't a mark .... the commentators saying "oh but you love to see those paid because that's why people are here" was pathetic (again, umpires fault not Elliot's). It's a professional sport, there's no score for looking good.

Both were awesome bits of play but there's already been better marks and goals, quite comfortably.

falcons2

All Australian
Feb 19, 2009
Melbourne OuterEast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kid can play.
Quite funny things to have in the highlights reel but I dont think either will win goal or mark of the year.
I for one thought the pies would fall away but they play some good footy. Exciting forwards and backs that have disposals that could and do go anywhere.
Chaos balls lead to spontaneous and natural play which brings out the best in our game as opposed to set play methodical stuff.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
I picked it: sort of

too late for Demons v Tigers. Well done Melbourne
SK v C. Saints by 12. Steven BOG
E v Coll. Pies by 21. Elliott mark & goal of the year.
GWS v GC. Giants by 8. Palmer with the sealer.
PA v H. Power by 1 point. Ebert to do a Barry Breen with 22 seconds left.
F v S. Swans by 25. Kennedy BOG
B v WC. West Coast by 57. Kennedy with 8 goals.
G v NM. Cats by 18. Clark with 4 goals in a low scoring affair.
WB v A. Bulldogs by 11. Both Talia's to dominate.

I've got to get something right one day :)

in the round 4 predictions thread.
rest wasn't much chop, I know :(

Back