Could interstate clubs sell games to the MCG?

Remove this Banner Ad

Very possible if Eagles and Dogs do not grow their fan bases enough to be make it an attractive fixture to play at Docklands. Clubs like Eagles, Freo and Port need to grow their fan bases beyond their own pond and make themselves more appealing for AFL to program more games at the G. Swans and Adelaide do it better for clubs that been around awhile from interstate. They have less problem getting their own fans based to be big enough in Melbourne to play a few more games at bigger venues when they are the away team.

Are you ******* kidding? Most ludicrous s**t I have read here for a long time.

With respect Port need to concern themselves with turning a profit, getting off AFL subsidisation and becoming solvent

Perhaps then they can solve the globes problems :drunk:

Kotchie needs to concern himself with paying Port's creditors and perhaps worrying about his weekly warriors before he joins the big club table

Yeah, I was ******* kidding. Freo, Port and Eagles have grown the fan bases in Melbourne to huge proportions. There is no chance the AFL will program Bulldogs games in Ballarat against these clubs with so many fans wanting to see them in Melbourne. Bulldogs v Port at Ballarat. Cannot see it happening mate.:rolleyes:

Cop out

LOL at the obvious melt because an MCG tenant managed a threepeat
Not at all. Clarkson has looked at each controllable outcome and executed the desired plan to get the desired outcome for each of them. That's why the team was successful... their success was not achieved by having the most arrogant supporters - that was merely coincidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Equalise the results across the clubs playing home games at Etihad, specifically take to account the Dons good deal ... the dud deal at Etihad would be an AFL problem, funded by the AFL. cue telsor ....

Given Essendons deal is nothing to do with the AFL, and is probably commercial in confidence, how do you propose to do that?

Averages would still be higher in Melbourne is those games were in Vic.

Do you really think North v Richmond would have drawn badly? (it's not just non-vic clubs that get moved after all).

Also, the question that keeps getting ignored...If these games aren't moved/sold, how would places like Tas, Darwin & Cairns ever see live games? Are you saying they should never get live games?
Two divisions, no salary cap, every team competes on its own terms. Win your way upward, lose your way down. I'm not for defining shapes around football teams and forcing them to fit, or not exist at.

Two divisions, no salary cap, every team competes on its own terms. Win your way upward, lose your way down. I'm not for defining shapes around football teams and forcing them to fit, or not exist at.

So, your dream is the same 3-4 teams at the top every year (and your team wont be one of them...nor will mine).

No thanks.

Only because Vic clubs keep paying your way....

charity case.

What ******* planet do you live on? You're one of the clubs to get the biggest commercial leg up in the league with the fixturing. How is it our fault that we got a crap ton of Sat afternoon games with minnow clubs as home games? Not only does it mean lower crowds, but less sponsorship as sponsors know they're getting less exposure than the Victorian clubs that are guaranteed Friday night slots irrespective of how s**t they are at any given time. We have greater costs than the Victorian clubs because we actually have to travel once a fortnight. I would be more than happy to split the TV rights deal fairly, never get an AFL loan again, and get our fair share of primetime slots and primetime opponents. Instead we get a rigged fixture and a equalisation tax that was waterered down to buggery. Do you actually think $500,000 comes even close to reflecting the commercial advantages given to the select few? But apparently it is all the non Victorian clubs' fault that we don't get MCG games because we don't bring 30,000 fans with us across the border.

Yeah, I was ******* kidding. Freo, Port and Eagles have grown the fan bases in Melbourne to huge proportions. There is no chance the AFL will program Bulldogs games in Ballarat against these clubs with so many fans wanting to see them in Melbourne. Bulldogs v Port at Ballarat. Cannot see it happening mate.:rolleyes:

Yeah. It's the Eagles and Dockers fans fan base in Melbourne that's the problem.

Keep relying on the WA teams to carry the pathetic fans of certain Melbourne clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back