Multiplat Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Remove this Banner Ad

inb4kerrby...lulz

1860513ss6fb588280dfcfa.jpg

Published by: Valve.
Developed by: Valve/Hidden Path Entertainment.
Platform/s: PSN, XBLA, PC & Mac.
Release Date: 2012.
Genre: FPS.
Online/Multiplayer: Competitive Multiplayer
PlayStation Move/Kinect Compatibility: Move compatibility confirmed.
3D Compatibility: Unconfirmed.

This will a long awaited follow up to one of the biggest PC FPS's that spawned from a mod, Counter Strike. It will be hitting consoles in downloadable form, so no doubt that will be the platform to buy it on.:thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

Footage set to come out at PAX later this month.

Source: http://www.giantbomb.com/news/valve-confirms-new-counter-strike-for-pc-andconsoles/3582/
Valve has confirmed suspicions something was up with the Counter-Strike franchise the studio has left alone for a few years now.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a brand-new installment being developed in conjunction with Hidden Path Entertainment, the developers behind Defense Grid.

The studio said Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will feature "new maps, characters, and weapons," "updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.)," and "new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more."

inb4kerrby...lulz

No, was never going to post about it so you look like an idiot.
Developed by: Valve/Hidden Path Entertainment.

Valve aren't developing it, they're only funding it. It's being made by people who made a game called Defence Grid.

It will be hitting consoles in downloadable form, so no doubt that will be the platform to buy it on.:thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

Yeah okay HBK.

If you want an average game or have no gaming skill, buy this game. From all accounts I've read, it sounds awful. There's no recoil (WTF?) so people can play it on consoles.

Ah well, sooner or later everyone will be accommodating to the COD kiddies with no skill.

No, was never going to post about it so you look like an idiot.
Sure you weren't...u jelly.:cool:
Valve aren't developing it, they're only funding it. It's being made by people who made a game called Defence Grid.
"being developed in conjunction with Hidden Path Entertainment"...key words 'in conjunction'.
From all accounts I've read, it sounds awful. There's no recoil (WTF?) so people can play it on consoles.
Who the hell has played the game?

Sure you weren't...u jelly.:cool:

No because I knew about this way before you posted this thread.

"being developed in conjunction with Hidden Path Entertainment"...key words 'in conjunction'.

Who the hell has played the game?

Oh um gee, maybe the top CS players that have been BETA testing the game and announced it before Valve?

Maybe you should gather some facts before posting, yes?

No because I knew about this way before you posted this thread.

Oh um gee, maybe the top CS players that have been BETA testing the game and announced it before Valve?

Maybe you should gather some facts before posting, yes?
Look at all the jelly.

Okay Morell :rolleyes:.

Try and troll me and you get put on your arse, typical HBK.
ROFL, yes I was so trying to troll you that whole time when I put in 14 letters at the start of the thread.

Poor old jelly kerrby, all because you didn't start the thread.

ROFL, yes I was so trying to troll you that whole time when I put in 14 letters at the start of the thread.

Poor old jelly kerrby, all because you didn't start the thread.
HBK, lets be reasonable here.

I do not care about creating a thread, I can't honestly remember the last time I made a thread on here (that's if I've even made a thread this year on this board). I knew about this yesterday and if I wanted to make a thread about it, I would have done it yesterday, not 2 hours ago when you did it.

You're obviously trying to troll me because you've said I'm jelly in all of your replies, all three times. Let it go, I do not care.

Now I'm going to leave this thread, but it would be good if you did some research before talking s**t (exactly what I mean when you had no idea people have played this game).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely no way CS could be translated well to consoles, the game requires reflexes and precision only a mouse and keyboard can give. Just can't see this being any good.

Absolutely no way CS could be translated well to consoles, the game requires reflexes and precision only a mouse and keyboard can give. Just can't see this being any good.
Well the game is being developed for consoles, so there's no recoil, maps are smaller and more narrow, grenades are one hit kill (even with kevlar).

I don't think we need to be reminded of this atrocity:
counterstrikexbox_160w.jpg

Will still buy it either way, I heard PSN games can be played on the Vita (That might just be minis though :() so if that's true I'm 100% going to get this for that.

EDIT: Oh and from what has been said, M4A1 and AK47 have been nerfed to hell and back so most of the beta testers choice of gun is the P90.

Few of the best counter strike players in perth i've talked to about this have really disliked the game and the feeling is most players will just ignore the release.

Not a fan of the series personally.

theres no good CS players left in perth

Never will love a game more then CS but this looks like s**t.

Any of you guys play seriously(LAN)?

I use to play competitively but quit when CS:S first came out. I just got a new PC and reinstalled to have a game and it seems like the community is long gone.

no more pugs or wars, let alone LAN comps. I miss the good old days :(

clanzoo / 23 represent.

lol vapid. I am sure I played you guys back in the day. I used to play for Capital.

What alias did you use?

haha yer the name capital rings a bell ey, pretty sure we played you guys online a few of times under the twentyzoo clan tag. You guys qualified for WCG/ESWC nationals a couple times ey?

my alias was either ruthless or m4tt4m4t4z

http://kotaku.com/5834542/an-hour-with-counter+strike-go

On the Xbox 360, players will use a game pad. On the PS3, players can use the game controller, the PlayStation Move motion controller or even a mouse and keyboard. PS3, Mac and PC players will be match-made against each other, clumped by skill, regardless of input device or platform. (Valve didn't demonstrate the PS3-PC.Mac cross-play to me today, but they confirmed that that enticing bit of networking is something they are striving to include in the game.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back