Multiplat Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Remove this Banner Ad

What on earth are Valve thinking? Gamepad players are going to be lambs to the slaughter, unless they implement some god-awful control scheme like Shadowrun where they deliberately gimp the accuracy of the mouse to keep things competitive.

Either way, I can't see this being a good idea at all.

What on earth are Valve thinking? Gamepad players are going to be lambs to the slaughter, unless they implement some god-awful control scheme like Shadowrun where they deliberately gimp the accuracy of the mouse to keep things competitive.

Either way, I can't see this being a good idea at all.

Check 2 posts up :thumbsu:

this game may not be what the counterstrike purists/fanboys want but to me this looks like a pretty sweet lil downloadable shooter.

for something that will probably only be 30 bucks it looks like being a great lil buy.

this game may not be what the counterstrike purists/fanboys want but to me this looks like a pretty sweet lil downloadable shooter.

for something that will probably only be 30 bucks it looks like being a great lil buy.
Yeah I don't get the complaints tbh.

I don't have the Counter Strike eye for things. But it looks decent. Fast paced, reflex based, hip fire shooter.

Plus the KB/M, Move and Cross Platform support is showing amazing initiative.

Also Kerrby I don't get your complaint on the upgrade of Dust, it's got the same layout with a fresh coat of paint. What's so bad? It's upgrading a bland looking environment.:confused:

Also Kerrby I don't get your complaint on the upgrade of Dust, it's got the same layout with a fresh coat of paint. What's so bad? It's upgrading a bland looking environment.:confused:

If you call white a fresh coat of paint. Dust is known for it's orange tinge, now it looks like generic map #35362. But no, it's not the same layout.

Counter Strike: Source is $5 on Steam this weekend and Counter Strike Complete is $7.50.

This is what I mean.

eHNzq.jpg

The guy who edited this image only had to bump up the colour saturation 10%.

hRUNR.jpg

The edited image has life, where this image doesn't.

I agree with Kerrby on this one. That top image looks significantly better than the drained colourless new version.

Downloaded the beta today, and after playing for 30 minutes I can't decide if I like it or not. It just doesn't feel like Counter Strike; like they've put it on a course of steroids or something. Whilst the basic premise of the game remains, and some of the classic maps remain, it's been redone into a CoD-esque looking game. The thing I loved about 1.6 and still loved about Source (despite the meddling) was it's simplicity. Although the gameplay is still simple; the game just doesn't feel simple anymore.

Seems like a natural progression really 1.6 -> Source -> GO.

For $13.50 presale on steam it's probably worth a look though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i've being playing cs on and off since 99 so ill be having a look at GO

had a bash the other day at source (first time in a year), does any server play some of the classic maps like vegas, estate, seige, 747 etc? I got sick of office and dust 2 pretty quickly

Have played CS since 1.0 and I reckon GO is already better than source. Really looking forward to the full release and subsequent updates.

Apart from a little bit of play on and off years ago this is really my first proper foray into the world of counterstrike. Have played about 8 hours of the beta. I enjoy the simplicity of it when compared with other more recent fps.

Got the beta over the weekend and as noobz0r said I can't decide if I like it or not. Need to play more imo. Deagle is still a beast. Awp is the same although the new scope is a bit weird. Colt has no silencer.. well I have not found the button for it yet if there is one. Buy menu is s**t house. Some new grenades will make competitive play interesting such as the incendiary grenade.

so has anyone got this game yet thoughts? i had a look on the psn store at lunch time today and i couldnt find it
It'll be on PSN next Thursday morning.

IMO definitely worth the 14.99 or w/e it is. What is the difference between the beta (which i'd been playing for a week or two) and the full game?

Will have to download the full game tonight and give it a go. Hopefully there is an option to revert to old style buy menu.

I read above ACTHAWK that you had the beta. When I logged onto steam last night the beta was gone and the full game was just there, apparently already downloaded/installed? I think the beta and full game were one in the same maybe...idk...

Ah thanks mate. I will have to give it a burn tonight!!

IMO definitely worth the 14.99 or w/e it is.

Yes, got it last night and gave it a go. Despite my initial thoughts It's a pretty fun game. Reminds me a bit of TF2 in CS format.

Won't replace older versions for the die hards but as you say it's well worth the cheap price and I think it will stand the test of time. Can see myself putting some hours into it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back