Travel Cover More Insurance

Remove this Banner Ad

Never had a problem with these guys, but the mobile SIM they sell is a laugh.

As you set it up, it flashes up a "Hey if you have iMessage turned on you might get charged."

But you have to go through that message to continue. Then you get charged for a text telling you your SIM is activated.

I asked them on their web chat box to refund the 19c (on principle... I mean it is only 19c) and they argued about it, saying I had to phone up and put in a form and wait 7 days.

So I carried on because I was feeling like making a point about this abysmal system... and they refunded all of my credit back to my credit card !

"And we did not charge you the $5 admin fee."

THEN when I pointed out what morons they were, they credited the 19c anyway! :D

What a fun chat that was. How sad that I spent that much time over 19c, and now they'll be charged credit card fees when I buy credit again.

*sigh* Indian support centres.

Last edited:
The "support" centre for any organisation is an oxymoron.

Not convinced any genuinely give a rats about their customers.

"Sure I can help you with your complaint. Whilst I'm waiting for the complaint form to load so I can document your bad experience, how about we talk about our mobile / broadband. We have great deals on. 5G for only $100 a month over 24 months...."

"Excuse me, I'm making a complaint, not requesting to upgrade or buy new services from you."

"Well we have very good deals. And service. We are the best."

"My goodness. Words fail me. Are you going to take my complaint?"

"oh sorry, looks like our complaint for is broken. But the good news is our upgrade form is still working."

"Look mate, just put me on to your manager."

"I can't do that I have to try and solve your problem first."

"Sorry but this is ridiculous. I'm cancelling my contract."

"Oh no sir that's not good. Let me put you through to our loyalty department. Are you sure you don't want to upgrade now?"

"just put me through to the biggest hamster on the biggest wheel please"

*agent swears and hangs up*

Onya Vodafail!

Over the course of 4 holidays I learnt not to use my phone

Holiday 1 - Thought Id use my phone normally. $400 bill in 1 week, put it off for the remainder of the trip. Pleasant
Holiday 2 - Off for the whole trip. Pleasant
Holiday 3 - Tried to set this thing up, cluster* with a locked phone. Didn't use it. Pleasant
Holiday 4 - Finally got it working, but the hidden fees and s**t that you went through ****ed me off. So after 1 week, put it off for the remainder of the trip. Pleasant

Learnt after those 4 trips. I put the phone off when I leave Oz, I put it back on when I get home.

Last trip, off after 1 day in Hong Kong (was minimal power, had to recharge it 1st day so it was ready incase of emergency)
Didn't put it back on until I was descending into Adelaide (I find I get coverage once I reach about 400m altitude :p)

Had no issues the time I had to make a claim. Loved how they refunded the RRP at time of purchase rather than the value at the time. Got enough $ to get a new camera and pocket some on the side

I was with QBE on a Europe trip and had a camera stolen. They have me market value of $75 for it. Needless to say I haven't used QBE again. Was not happy but they didn't give 2 stuffs. Used Covermore since and they are good, just watch out for the travel agent mark ups!

• Admin
I was with QBE on a Europe trip and had a camera stolen. They have me market value of $75 for it. Needless to say I haven't used QBE again. Was not happy but they didn't give 2 stuffs. Used Covermore since and they are good, just watch out for the travel agent mark ups!
QBE suck all round as an insurer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back