Covers that are better than the original ...

Remove this Banner Ad

More AV Club goodness.....

Maritime does Depeche Mode's "Enjoy The Silence".

(Very cool guitar sound.)

Memoryhouse does a sublime, torch-y cover of The Police's "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic".

And Motion City Soundtrack does a superb acoustic version of Pavement's "Cut Your Hair".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not cool in this thread I know, but I actually prefer Springsteen's version of this. Could have something to do with playing my Asbury Park record repeatedly for about a month.:oops: and I didn't buy it until 1985.

Here's a 2009 live version to compare. Hope that's alright:confused:

Edit: there was quite a discussion about this song in the meaningful lyrics thread, including a massive TLDR post from yours truly:oops::oops: started here..

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-meaningful-lyrics-thread.753956/#post-26892524

Not cool in this thread I know, but I actually prefer Springsteen's version of this. Could have something to do with playing my Asbury Park record repeatedly for about a month.:oops: and I didn't buy it until 1985.

Here's a 2009 live version to compare. Hope that's alright:confused:

Edit: there was quite a discussion about this song in the meaningful lyrics thread, including a massive TLDR post from yours truly:oops::oops: started here..

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-meaningful-lyrics-thread.753956/#post-26892524

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, as I like the Manfred Mann's Earth Band version better. :D

Was The Boss smoking something when he wrote the lyrics?

And did anyone else ever think that it was 'douche' instead of 'deuce' in the chorus?

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, as I like the Manfred Mann's Earth Band version better. :D

Was The Boss smoking something when he wrote the lyrics?

And did anyone else ever think that it was 'douche' instead of 'deuce' in the chorus?

That's why we live in a democracy :). I like the MM version, just like the original better:rainbow:

So he was stoned when he wrote the lyrics and he was stoned when he wrote the explanation of the lyrics?

Ha, Ha I really did LOL:D. The problem is, that it is a verbatim, unedited, explanation which would be hard to read if it was quoted from the most eloquent of speakers, which The Boss, most certainly is not.

Was listening to this today.

Covers side-project band - The Hotrats - which is a couple of the guys from Supergrass kickin' out the jams. (Like, more than usual.)

Pretty damn cool album.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back