Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how many years did you work on a farm?
Me? 3 1/2 years on a local orchard. Greeks actually, so smoko was fantastic.
I thoroughly enjoyed pruning, packing shed, forking, spraying, irrigating. But unfortunately the money was sh*te so I moved on.
Again, how many years did you do? Or were you to busy in boarding school?
I’ve heard about boarding schools……..

Sorry Mr. office worker in a regional area, I am not framing myself as a country boy. You are, and it’s embarrassing.

I was a day scrag.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My list of achievements since the end of Lockdown V:

- Haircut
- Consumerism. Went to a number of stores. No Bunnings.
- Library. Obtained books, returned others.

There must be some else, feel like I'm missing something, but it might have to keep me going until the end of the next one.

I too enjoyed a haircut and some shopping.

My hairdresser suffered a migraine and had to leave urgently. His apprentice covered for him and performed to an outstanding level. Skin fade and hard part executed immaculately.

Our grooming (and white pants) is what sets us apart from the savages.

I too enjoyed a haircut and some shopping.

My hairdresser suffered a migraine and had to leave urgently. His apprentice covered for him and performed to an outstanding level. Skin fade and hard part executed immaculately.

Our grooming (and white pants) is what sets us apart from the savages.

For the first time in years, I bought a jumper which isn't black, charcoal or navy blue. These colours look immaculate on me, but it was time to strike out into something lighter.

I enjoyed my haircut as well. My hairdresser had just managed to fit in her 21st party before the start of Lockdown V. She told me the story of one of her other clients, a woman trying to get married who 'just doesn't care' about guest limits. She has 'cut' the list to 300, and f*** Dan Andrews she is sending invitations out to no less than 300.

The wedding budget might balloon a bit, but it's all about the romance...

I confess that my bathroom ritual has become more streamlined of late. The eyebrows are threatening, and I just don't know what's happening in my ears at all.

It's hard, it's just really hard when we're not always on display and suffering a constant expectation to look fantastic.

For the first time in years, I bought a jumper which isn't black, charcoal or navy blue. These colours look immaculate on me, but it was time to strike out into something lighter.

I enjoyed my haircut as well. My hairdresser had just managed to fit in her 21st party before the start of Lockdown V. She told me the story of one of her other clients, a woman trying to get married who 'just doesn't care' about guest limits. She has 'cut' the list to 300, and f*** Dan Andrews she is sending invitations out to no less than 300.

The wedding budget might balloon a bit, but it's all about the romance...

I confess that my bathroom ritual has become more streamlined of late. The eyebrows are threatening, and I just don't know what's happening in my ears at all.

It's hard, it's just really hard when we're not always on display and suffering a constant expectation to look fantastic.

The part of your post about the wedding wound me up. Do you suspect the increased righteous anger I'm feeling is due to the 2nd AZ shot? The arm that copped the jab is sore so I'm clearly experiencing a number of side effects.

The nose hair, ear hair, etc is a constant battle. We must keep fighting. Don't give up brother. If it gets too hard, invest in a Weed Whacker.

The part of your post about the wedding wound me up. Do you suspect the increased righteous anger I'm feeling is due to the 2nd AZ shot? The arm that copped the jab is sore so I'm clearly experiencing a number of side effects.

The nose hair, ear hair, etc is a constant battle. We must keep fighting. Don't give up brother. If it gets too hard, invest in a Weed Whacker.

I realise now that the day here started with a consideration of bodily hair, and so it returns.

One of my spam emails a few months ago was from Manscaped, titled something along the lines of 'your balls will thank you'.

I'm hardly concerned with chest hair, because it seems to belong, but the protrusions from ears and nostrils really offend my vanity.

I realise now that the day here started with a consideration of bodily hair, and so it returns.

One of my spam emails a few months ago was from Manscaped, titled something along the lines of 'your balls will thank you'.

I'm hardly concerned with chest hair, because it seems to belong, but the protrusions from ears and nostrils really offend my vanity.
Pruning hairs on your ears and in your nose with a pair of scissors in the mirror, trying to guide the scissors to the base of the offending hair in an unnatural motion that seems almost to be conducted in an alternative universe, all too often results in little nicks that lead to blood trickles, and subsequently, ugly scabs. And not every man wants to subject himself to a 'sack and crack' hair removal, though some obviously enjoy the experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weather balloon.

Pruning hairs on your ears and in your nose with a pair of scissors in the mirror, trying to guide the scissors to the base of the offending hair in an unnatural motion that seems almost to be conducted in an alternative universe, all too often results in little nicks that lead to blood trickles, and subsequently, ugly scabs. And not every man wants to subject himself to a 'sack and crack' hair removal, though some obviously enjoy the experience.
My wahl beard trimmer has an attachment for nose and ear hair. Works a treat, ensuring I am always well groomed and at the top of my game.

Country Victoria again leading the way.
Reports this morning that, from November, SPC Shepparton will require all staff and visitors to be fully vaccinated.
The beginning of the way back to normality.

This wouldn't pass unless approved from HQ, which is in Essendon Fields and full of awesome city people. :) I support the initiative though.

One of the "uncomfortable" coalition MPs is George Christensen. One would have to work hard to find a more vile creature in politics.

Media reporting on this issue is once again misleading given that a vaccine passport is probably one of the few initiatives that would easily achieve bipartisan support. Who cares about the few inbreds that would cross the floor?

This wouldn't pass unless approved from HQ, which is in Essendon Fields and full of awesome city people. I support the initiative though.

Any mandate like that needs to be supported by providing adequate opportunity to get the Vax, like awesome private schools are doing.

There have been on-site vaccinations at abattoirs. Telling a bunch of cannery workers to “go get the vax” won’t work on its own.

Any mandate like that needs to be supported by providing adequate opportunity to get the Vax, like awesome private schools are doing.

There have been on-site vaccinations at abattoirs. Telling a bunch of cannery workers to “go get the vax” won’t work on its own.

Great initiative by outstanding institutions.

It's an injustice that not every kid in the state, especially kids growing up in disadvantaged or rural areas are not afforded similar educational opportunities.

Google and Facebook are mandating that workers returning to their "city" office must be vaccinated. I suspect that BigTech are now just following the lead set by SPC but I could be wrong.

In QLD they are talking about the Indooroopilly cluster, but I haven't been able to find out what the source was for that one. Anyone know?
They know it originated in 2 people in quarantine by genomic sequencing. They don't how it made it's journey to Indooroopilly.

Country Victoria again leading the way.
Reports this morning that, from November, SPC Shepparton will require all staff and visitors to be fully vaccinated.
The beginning of the way back to normality.

Country folk leading the way again. You've just got to look at the National party to know that Australian country folk are at the forefront of all things progressive.

Country folk leading the way again. You've just got to look at the National party to know that Australian country folk are at the forefront of all things progressive.
Talk to country folk or farmers about the National Party.
Not very complementary.
Often ends up being ‘the least worst option’.
Get rida the lota them…is what I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back