Cox Plate 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with The Cleaner's barrier is that he is a donkey in a horse race.

But more seriously - the issue is it will be easier for other jockeys to box him out at the first turn than it would be if he just jumped and ran from an inside gate. From that gate he will be lucky not to be dead at the 700m mark.

Thoughts on opening prices:

Sacred Falls - overs
Fawkner - decent overs
Side Glance - big overs
Happy Trails - fair
Foreteller - fair
The Cleaner - poison unders
Guest of Honour - probaly overs
Criteriion - fair to slight unders
Silent Achiever - marginal overs
Royal Descent - fair to slight unders
Adelaide - fair to slight unders
Almalad - fair
Sweyneesse - fair
Wandjina - unders

Suggests to me back whatever you like - you should get a decent price. Only thing at a farcial price is the Llama from Longfort.

Only thing at a farcial price is the Llama from Longfort.

tumblr_mb9j5tkxO41r8kr5po1_250.gif

The bottom line naturally, when referring to past experiences ;)

Jezabeel in the CC, easily my biggest bet as a youngster, close to a weeks pay, i remember wanting to actually kill Ray Cochrane.

The Melbourne Cup win stopped me from becoming suicidal. Put the same amount on again.

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
I've got Royal Desecond getting a soft run here, surprised if she won but gets a juicier track in The Valley. Got a Happy Trails 2013 EW to nothing feel about her.

I've got Royal Desecond getting a soft run here, surprised if she won but gets a juicier track in The Valley. Got a Happy Trails 2013 EW to nothing feel about her.

Can go around without mine. That Queen Elizabeth run with a hot tempo/similar race pattern/speed map worries me, think she may just be a miler these days.

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Can go around without mine. That Queen Elizabeth run with a hot tempo/similar race pattern/speed map worries me, think she may just be a miler these days.
I've got a few getting gassed by the Mighty Lion of Longford, she is potentially one of them.

Not finding too many I like not named Fawkner though.

Yeah could get the 2005 Littoria style run and hold on for a place I guess.

Aussie Assault

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Tonight's the first time I've really paid much attention to the rest of the field outside of Fawkner. What a s**thouse field. There are a good 7 or more goats in there that wouldn't have once been in the top 50 considered to run in the Cox Plate.

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Barrier 14, he's drawn, the Lion of Longford. That matters not! It'll just be another part of the story when you tell it to your Grandkids.

"Come on Granddad, tell us about the Lion of Longford!" They'll say.

You'll wipe away a tear and many a year, and say, "there's never been one like him, kids. Before or since. You know they made him start from the outside gate, too, they did! But that just made him try harder. The Lion - he knew they were trying to stop him, but his heart was just too big to give up. Just too big. He took the barrier they dealt him and the Lion of Longford roared, and beat them all anyway! Why, he was the greatest, kids. The greatest your old Granddad has ever seen. And his trainer, Masterful Mick Burles, never has a finer man walked the Australian turf, kids! Never one finer!"

That's what you'll say.

Status
Not open for further replies.