News Cox signs on as ruck coach

Remove this Banner Ad

hopefully in our first inter-club practice match, being ruck coach means tying a 1m length of rope between himself and naitanui, and playing out the full game.

maybe after half a dozen of those NicNat will learn how to not get caught in between play so often

hopefully in our first inter-club practice match, being ruck coach means tying a 1m length of rope between himself and naitanui, and playing out the full game.

maybe after half a dozen of those NicNat will learn how to not get caught in between play so often

NicNat has his own style. He can do things Cox can't do and vice versa. We would be better off trying to develop NicNat's game in his own way instead of trying to turn him into a Cox clone.

NicNat has his own style. He can do things Cox can't do and vice versa. We would be better off trying to develop NicNat's game in his own way instead of trying to turn him into a Cox clone.
i dont want NicNat to turn into a Cox clone. When nicnat is involved in the play he is dynamic, knocks over opposition players, hunts the ball, tackles ferociously and generally has a great influence at the contest. Trouble is he goes missing for large parts of the game because he finds himself out of position so often. Cox was a master at being in the right place at the right time.

I hardly think Cox teaching him how to get an uncontested possession or mark and be involved in link up play means we're turning him into a Cox clone.

It's not like Cox will be saying "Nic, stop contesting the ruck and just look at the ump and wave your arms"

There will only ever be one WWIAFTM

I hardly think Cox teaching him how to get an uncontested possession or mark and be involved in link up play means we're turning him into a Cox clone.

True but i'm not sure what that has to do with tying a 1m length of rope between Cox and Naitanui during training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back