News Craig Stewart slams former club Collingwood over ‘lack of respect’ for son James Stewart

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps you could provide a name because Morrison had two years on the list.

Did he play 2 years? Thought he played 1 then gone contract would have him listed for 2. Could be wrong.

Anyway I was thinking of Bolton all be it a rookie listed player.

We got Lynch too didn't we basically gave him a 2 year retirement fund WC knew he was cooked. Over a 10 yea r player. End of the day it was a ballsed up decision.

The fact is, though, even if you nominate a player as a FS, you don't HAVE to actually take them if a club comes over the top with a bid you don't want to match.

We didn't even see where the cards were going to fall, which is highly disappointing in my view.
Yeah but that is a risky game to play. I think there might of been a chance that no one bid on him. (No one bid against the Bulldogs on Hunter) Therefore Collingwood would of had to pick him.

Hine didn't want to make that commitment at that time. If you are going to fix the rules, father son bidding should be after trade week. It would give the teams more clarity on their list, whether they need a developing tall and also watch draft picks they have.

Yeah but that is a risky game to play. I think there might of been a chance that no one bid on him. (No one bid against the Bulldogs on Hunter) Therefore Collingwood would of had to pick him.

Hine didn't want to make that commitment at that time. If you are going to fix the rules, father son bidding should be after trade week. It would give the teams more clarity on their list, whether they need a developing tall and also watch draft picks they have.

So we use our last pick. We had plenty of dead wood to free up a spot.

Perhaps you could provide a name because Morrison had two years on the list.

I'm with you, Garlett is the only 1 I can think of but he walked away so different scenario.

Senior list draftees get a 2 year contract, rookie (incl cat B) get 1 so rookies don't count.

Old Daddy Craig ain't going to like the new rules if he's got another son coming through. Draft day bidding, the bidding is no longer going take place 2 weeks (which was actually 5 weeks) before draft day.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-...ed-for-fatherson-and-northern-academy-players
It will be interesting to see what the Swans do in relation to Mills and Dunkley. We may have to give up something similar next year if Daicos and Brown jr's turn out to be top rated prospects.

It will be interesting to see what the Swans do in relation to Mills and Dunkley. We may have to give up something similar next year if Daicos and Brown jr's turn out to be top rated prospects.
It's entirely fair though, the Cats got Hawkins with a 3rd round pick lol and got Selwood in the same draft, that's a dynasty maker right there.

Same with the Swans last year, and yeah could be the same for us.

If they are that highly rated it will be worth the extra draft picks. Smart clubs will simply trade players out for those extra draft picks anyway.

It's entirely fair though, the Cats got Hawkins with a 3rd round pick lol and got Selwood in the same draft, that's a dynasty maker right there.

Same with the Swans last year, and yeah could be the same for us.

If they are that highly rated it will be worth the extra draft picks. Smart clubs will simply trade players out for those extra draft picks anyway.
Agree. The Dogs in particular were amazingly lucky in 2010 to pick up both Wallis and Libba as father/sons in a compromised draft. Both those boys would have been playing for the Suns had they not been FS prospects.

I would've thought if you'd heard nothing from the club for 12mths then you are at pretty low odds of being drafted by them.

so we were going to draft him but only in the rookie draft,

so he went into exams guaranteed a spot on an afl list for the next two years at least,

poor bloke.

If we were going to rookie list him then one year only is guaranteed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's his role?

He was a part-time scout for the Swannies. We gave him a pay rise and a long term deal as a full-time scout, and AFL House pinged us for his entire salary.

GWS' recruiting has been pretty good since he came on board.

He was a part-time scout for the Swannies. We gave him a pay rise and a long term deal as a full-time scout, and AFL House pinged us for his entire salary.

Do you consider James Stewart to be progressing nicely enough, and that he looks capable of staying in the team long term?

AFL House was going to do that when we tried to Hire Peter Moore this year as our Ruck Coach

Personally, I think he'll force Jon Patton to CHB.
With the team now playing very good football and 3 top 10 picks from last year's draft yet to debut, you must be wondering how/where you'll fit all these blokes in!

Im amazed that no other teams are offering various mids large bags of cash.

But if you look at Mumford, Patfull, Shaw (thanks !), Lamb and Griffen, those are exactly the sort of good, maybe fringe all-Australian but not superstar players clubs should have been offering us for all the draft concessions, but didnt.

Then add some good recruiting, like Stewart (thanks !) and McCarthy (thanks for passing on him, Carlton), and you get a side being better than it should have been allowed to be.

Im amazed that no other teams are offering various mids large bags of cash.

But if you look at Mumford, Patfull, Shaw (thanks !), Lamb and Griffen, those are exactly the sort of good, maybe fringe all-Australian but not superstar players clubs should have been offering us for all the draft concessions, but didnt.

Then add some good recruiting, like Stewart (thanks !) and McCarthy (thanks for passing on him, Carlton), and you get a side being better than it should have been allowed to be.

I reckon you not getting Franklin was a Blessing in Disguise as you got more Players to Fill Wholes and not just 1 Superstar. Look what happening to the Suns with that.

Salvagni did a better job the Clayton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back