Workshop Create a Random AFL Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

*clears throat*

New dark clash with city of Sydney blue, potential recolouring of the rest of design but I left it red just out of laziness, worn vs. GC and any other clash situation:
14639048086_4ece72ab03.jpg

Posted this on JFB's thread. Opinions ?? image.jpg (I know it's not the most attractive design.)
Based on one of my first designs on paint, which you can see on JFB's Draw it again thread. I was pretty average starting off!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i really didnt think it was that bad.........

What you do with the template is great.

The template doesn't cut it in 2015. The shape is good but lines are too thick and jagged and it detracts from what you're doing IMO.

It's like Jensen Button starting the next F1 race in one of these

maserati-s-history-13_600x0w.jpg

If your lines are going to be that thick, you need to make the template 3 or 4 times larger than it is currently, and use word to reduce your designs down when you're done so you end up with thinner and smoother outlines that don't impede on your design.

The template is only a minor issue. The big issue is the lack of polishing. When I see Cody's work, I often see jagged lines, lines protruding over templates, pixely logos, uneven widths between stripes etc. and incorrect shades of colour. These are harder to fix than simply moving a new template and will come good with time, should he persist with striving to improve his work.

The template is only a minor issue. The big issue is the lack of polishing. When I see Cody's work, I often see jagged lines, lines protruding over templates, pixely logos, uneven widths between stripes etc. and incorrect shades of colour. These are harder to fix than simply moving a new template and will come good with time, should he persist with striving to improve his work.
yeh mate im constantly using tutorials and getting help from other bigfooty users like Fizzler and a couple of others sometimes i do get lazy and not resize in word when i should

yeh mate im constantly using tutorials and getting help from other bigfooty users like Fizzler and a couple of others sometimes i do get lazy and not resize in word when i should
Don't worry. I never resize my jumpers anyway.

you see i have illustrator i just can never be bothered learning how to use it, i really need some motivation to learn how to use it :/

i feel as though i have the strength their to do it...
Illustrator can be a very easy tool to use. I learnt it in a few days. Use pen tool tutorials on youtube and you'll be alright.

I wouldn't regularly prod you about this if I didn't think you were capable.

It's like akkaps and his total refusal to accept that he has some ability and he should strive to improve himself.

The difference is, you post a lot of designs a lot and very clearly have the determination to get pretty good at this stuff and compete in the top division of competitions etc. Since you're designing a lot anyway, why not strive to improve?

You'll find that once you get through the teething issues with a better template (or Illustrator if you want to challenge yourself), you'll find it's actually much quicker and easier to produce good designs.

I'd be focusing on making sure all your lines are inside the grey lines of the template and ensuring your logos aren't merely cropped by hand in paint like I suspect you're doing. These are the little things that will improve your work ten-fold, and it's really quite easy to do if you take a little bit longer and don't gloss over things like this.

You can work on the re-sizing if/when you move to a new template.

Don't worry. I never resize my jumpers anyway.
You use my template and don't resize it? You're literally worse than Hitler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back