Competitions Create the new GC Suns clash jumper!

Remove this Banner Ad

They're all shite, but I voted for 3. The others are unimaginative and bland, but as least option 3 is somewhat unique.

It would be better if we could actually see what they look like on a few player models. The first two look much better IRL than they do on their 2D design guernsey.

number 1 is the only one I really like, and even that is a stretch. let's hope we get something a bit more imaginative in 2018.
While the fugly GC logo is on the front and the AFL continues to enforce their arbitrary clash rules there's really no chance of it getting any better haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i like it better than option 2, but it has to be "predominantly white" which is probably why they didn't have the full stripes. :(
Considering that there is 7 white bars to 6 blue and yellow on the front, that the back would be even whiter with the number panel, and that yellow (and the blue) are also light coloured, it would be fine.
There's been a trend back to traditional designs, but it seems Gold Coast aren't ready for that yet.

touk620.jpg

The winner, ladies and gents.

Not sure how I feel as it wasn't the one I voted for, but it's still 100% better than our old one.

Finally, the votes have been counted, and the people have spoken – we have a new clash guernsey for the 2016 season.

More than 5000 people went to the polls and in a tightly fought duel, the winning option secured the rights by collecting 34 per cent of the votes from the people.

The competition captivated a large portion of the Gold Coast SUNS community, with many supporters and members embracing the opportunity to have a say on how the club looks on-field.

The new guernsey, with its white backing, has a chevron design emblazoned on the front and a striking v-shaped design.

touk620.jpg

The winner, ladies and gents.

Not sure how I feel as it wasn't the one I voted for, but it's still 100% better than our old one.

I voted for the that one, and I think it was the best of an average bunch, but it is kinda hard to come up with a good clash guernsey with the bull***t predominantly white rule the AFL has got for non-VIC teams. I still reckon a yellow clash guernsey would be great.

Also, don't like the white lines on the chevrons. Looks strange.

Where is the consistency and evolution, The wave, the arch and now the chevron. If I had to pick one it was the wave.

BTW looking back to the launch of the club (was looking at clash pics) and I found this, all gone

I actually don't mind the one campaigner is wearing. The GC logo kinda ruins the look. If the logo itself were in blue and white as well it'd look pretty cool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back