Create your own storylines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Every couple of days, as I'm talking to a friend in regards to WWE, a storyline enters my head. Some are good, some are bad, but I just thought it could be fun to talk about our own storylines. What's going through your head? What do you want to see?

Anyway, 2 recent ones that I thought of.

1) It's the Novemeber 5th episode of RAW (Why couldn't it be in the US :() - Linda McMahon is in the ring thanking the WWE Universe for their support in her unsuccessful bit to become a Senator. She announces that she's going to cease her attempts to get into the US Senate and will focus her energy back into the WWE.

Then
"No chance that's what you got. (ha ha yeah)
Up against a machine too strong.
Greedy politicians buying souls from us are puppets.
Won't find their place in line.
Now, tie a string around your finger now, boy.
'Cause its just a matter of time.
'Cause you got No chance, no chance in hell."

Vince comes out and at this point he tells the music to be cut off. He cuts a promo directed at Linda saying how her campaign ruined the company, Making the show pg, all that sort of stuff, saying she poisoned the company from the inside and the main posion was Cena.

A rivalry between Linda and Vince get set up. The kids will probably get behind Linda, but anyone with a brain will get behind Vince as he tries to clean his company of the poison. Things heat up, extremely fast actually as I only have 2 Raws and 2 Smackdowns to fit things in before Survivor Series.

(fill in the events of the rivalry)

But at Survivor series, we get a 5-on-5 traditional Survivor Series match for control of the WWE (or, Vince wins, we get weapons, blood, bra and panty matches etc all back, Linda wins, stays PG).

The 5 that represent Vince are CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Wade Barrett and David Otunga (need a dud to make up for the duds in Lindas team)
The 5 that represent Linda are John Cena, Santino Marella, Brodus Clay, Zac Ryder and Kofi Kingston

Obviously we team Vince will go up 5-1 and then SuperCena comes in before it becomes a 1-on-1 at the end vs Punk (though, Barrett is tempting) when team Vince finally wins.

The next night on Raw (so 19th of Novemeber) It starts with Vince in the ring demanding Linda comes out, he makes her join the kiss my ass club. Straight away Vince announces that we have a special guest commentator for the opening match of the night. Without ****ing the moment like Justin Roberts is good at, his music hits

After he gets to the commentators desk he and Cole have a special moment or something, before they go to an ad. They come back, Eve and Layla are in the ring when Justin Roberts announces "The following match, is a Bra and Panties match, to win, you must strip your opponent down to their bra and panties" Before he introduces the competitors.

And like that, the new era of WWE is born :p

My 2nd story is incredibly short as it's just designed to debut some people.

2) It's TLC, the main event was a Team Hell No (c) vs Team Rhodes Scholars vs Sin Cara-Rey Mysterio vs Prime Time Players in a TLC match, Team Hell No imploded and someone else won them (I don't really care for storyline purposes, lets just go Rhodes Scholars as I like them) The winners are celebrating, Bryan and Kane are pushing each other in the ring and things could go haywire any second. Then out of no where the lights go out, a few seconds later you hear what sounds like chair shots coming from the ring, no one knows what the **** is happening. The lights come back on and we see The Ascension (Connor O'Brian and Kenneth Cameron) standing in the middle of the ring, holding the battered chair way up high, with all other 8 competitors knocked out and scattered around the ring. The camera is panned out, Cole makes some remark asking about the future of the tag team division and TLC comes to an end.

I'd actually watch again if that happened

Storyline I've always wanted to see

Begins with Jeff Hardy vs Bully Ray for the TNA title

Bully Ray destroys hardy to the point where he's covered in blood, unable to move
Proceeds to throw hardy into a garbage truck/off a bridge etc (very 90's)

Over the next 6 months, Ray defends his title by brutalizing his opponents, in between feuding with Kurt Angle)
Finally, after months of ray saying he'd do to angle what he did to hardy, Angle gets his chance at the title

Match takes place at an Impact event
After a back and forth, ray puts angle in an ankle lock, but then releases it
He gets a table and sets it up near the turnbuckle
He's going to drop a bubba-bomb

As he is set the lights go out
They come back on, with ray laid out on a now broken table, and ankle unconscious on the floor

Bully professes he is unbeatable

Taking on some pleb, he is set for a win, when the lights go out, when they come back on, ray is out cold, with a steel chair beside his head

Next week he comes out accusing his opponent of cheating, leading to a minor feud ending up with a lethal lockdown match for the title

Ray wins emphatically, and, whilst celebrating, the lights go outhit come back on, with a much darker looking hardy standing behind him, Twist of fate

Lights go out and when they come on, hardy is gone

The next few months have ray calling out hardy, to no prevail

Finally, on impact, hardy shows up

The next month has the usual tag matches, etc, and then, at slammiversary, the first 1-on-1 between the 2 since the start of the feud

Of corse, this is TNA, they'd never let a storyline go over a year, 1 can dream though

I would just book a 90 minute show that revolved around Kaz and Daniels. I honestly cant see how that wouldnt pull in ratings.

In all seriousness, I don't really think of many storylines and lack any creativity to do so. Ill leave it to you lads.

Of corse, this is TNA, they'd never let a storyline go over a year, 1 can dream though
Have you missed Roode/Storm and Daniels/AJ's feud over the last year?
If anything, their storylines go too long under Prichard but different topic for a different day I suppose.

Have you missed Roode/Storm and Daniels/AJ's feud over the last year?
If anything, their storylines go too long under Prichard but different topic for a different day I suppose.

Didn't mean continuos story lines, as you've pointed out

They've also had numerous matches

I'm talking building a story with NO matches, similar to sting vs hogan in the 90's

I'm talking building a story with NO matches, similar to sting vs hogan in the 90's
I'm not old enough to know the sting vs hogan and I dont really watch tna. So was wondering what you mean by that?

Kinda like the Cena-Rock buildup from wm 27 to 28, but better?

I'm not old enough to know the sting vs hogan and I dont really watch tna. So was wondering what you mean by that?

Kinda like the Cena-Rock buildup from wm 27 to 28, but better?

Similar to cena/rock
Difference being, we already knew it was on the card

Sting/hogan was THE story of the WCW/nWo storyline
Hogan ended up dropping the title after the best part of the yr avoiding sting all together, with a feud continuing without much mention of it

People would tune in just to see if they'd meet

I used to do a bit of E-Fedding a while ago, and had this one going between myself and a friend:

Basically 2 unlike partners team up and take the tag team division by storm. They end up winning the Tag Titles, and dominate the division, so much so, that they decide to branch out into singles competition as well, with both winning a major world title. However, things begin to get heated when one of the champions locker rooms is trashed, and a note pinned to the door saying "Your belt belongs to me. Without me, you're nothing." Said champion makes the assumption it was his partner, and confronts him. They feud for several weeks, with escalating feud builders such as pyro sabotage, backstage assaults etc. Things finally boil over the edge, and the GM schedules a main event match between the two for control of all titles, including the Tag Titles with a partner of the winners choice. The match gets under way, until a winner is decided and an assailant makes his way through the crowd, attacking both men and revealing himself to be a returning superstar. He beats down the winner, and reveals himself to be a returning superstar, and in league with the winner, and they split the titles, one each and have the tag titles.

Pretty complicated, but it was the best feud I've done.

I think this could work with Kane and Daniel Bryan, and the returning superstar be the Undertaker.

Wishful thinking, and may be a stupid idea, but I had a great time doing this.

My next story.

Ryback and CM Punk are fighting toe to toe and no one is dropping the ball in their hiac match at hiac.
Ryback gets Punk down, goes for the pinfall, Cena's the special guest ref, 1, 2, kickout by Punk.
Ryback gets mad at Cena and they start to push each other, then......

He comes charging down, Cena and Ryback become a unified force both standing in the ring, back to Punk, waiting for Lesnar. Lesnar rips off the cell door right as Punk hits Cena from behind with a weapon. Ryback and Lesnar go head to head for a second untill Lesnar gets the upper hand, both Lesnar and Punk beat up Cena and Ryback and stand up high in the middle of the ring with Heyman with Ryback and Cena knocked out as HIAC goes off the air with the match ending in a No Contest (keeps alive Ryback's undefeated streak ;))

They get set up for a match at a later PPV (probably TLC) Ryback eventually overcomes Lesnar in a hard faught back and forth wrestling match.

In the mean time Sheamus has a heel turn.

At Royal Rumble Ryback wins the WHC from Sheamus and wins subsequent rematches as his push gets stronger with him still being unbeaten (There were 2 draws in the Goldberg undefeated run)

I had a similar suggestion for Hell in a Cell involving Brock.

Begins with Ryback doing all he can to obliterate CM Punk in their match but Punk kicks out of everything. Match eventually moves out of the ring, up to the top of the cage. We get this generation's version of;

With Ryback delivering the Shell Shock to CM Punk through the cage.

At this moment Brock Lesnar's music hits. Lesnar races out to the ring to deliver the F5 to Ryback to end the match in a no contest.

Reason being - it preserves Ryback's undefeated streak, preserves CM Punk's title reign and leads into a Ryback Vs Lesnar feud with Heyman ultimately turning on Lesnar AND Punk and siding with Ryback.

Wrestlemania XXIX story.

CM Punk beats Ryback, CM Punk gets through Cena, CM Punk gets through Rock. He refuses to take them on and wants a real test at Wrestlemania.
Nothing is announced except CM Punk vs TBD at Wrestlemania for the WWE Championship. (Rock vs Cena happens again at about match 10 of 12 at WrestleMania with a filler before this main event)
Punk's in the ring waiting for his opponent, then Undertaker's music hits.
We get Undertaker vs Punk for the WWE Championship.
Taker kicks out of GTS', Punk kicks out of chokeslams, last rides, breaks out of hells gate. Vince comes out and says the match is now a no-dq match in a way to try to end it as the match has already lasted around 30 minutes.
Chairs come out. Taker kicks out after shots to the back.
Thumb tacks come out. Punk kicks out after a last ride onto them.
2 x 4 plank comes out. Taker kicks out after it gets broken across his back.
Table comes out. Punk kicks out after being chokeslamed from the top rope, through the table.
Punk gets the Anaconda Vice locked in, just as it looks like Undertaker is about to lose vis submission, we get 4 simultaneous fake lightning strikes (as seen in Taker's return in the Orton rivalry) hit the turnbuckles and light them up in fire. The strikes distract Punk and he releases his hold in fright of everything.
Punk goes outside the ring and gets bin lids and gets them inside the ring. Taker gets up and gets him in preperation for another last ride, as Punk is knelt over with his head between Takers legs, he grabs the lid. Taker takes him up and Punk hits Taker in the back of the hid with the lid knocking him down. But Taker kicks out again.

The match is becoming an instant epic, legends come down to the ring for an up close view of the event, witness a great match, HHH, HBK, Rock, Flair, Edge, Y2J and Kane are all near the ring acting like members of the crowd taking the highs and low to witness everything.

Punk is about to snap and finds a sledgehammer under the ring. HHH tries to stop him taking it into the ring as he doesn't want the match to end like this as Taker's basically destroyed. But Punk fights HHH off and gets back into the ring, Taker gets back onto his feet and Punk puts Taker back on the ground with a sledgehammer strike to the head. Taker's back down but still kicks out.

With the match closing in on 45-50 minutes now Vince comes back out again, gets another chair from under the ring and gives it to Punk. But then Austin's music hits, he comes storming to the ring, stuns McMahon, gets into the ring and takes the chair off Punk to stop a re-enacment of WrestleMania X7 happening again. You can see him mouth "Not like this". As Austin leaves the ring, but hangs around with the rest, Punk goes out the other side and grabs a sign from under the ring that says "best in the world" He holds it in his left hand as he gets Taker up for a GTS. He looks over to Y2J ringside and screams "I am the best, in, the, world!" then hits the GTS as he perfectly times it to get the sign between his knee and Undertaker's face.

1, 2, 3.
The streak is over.

Punk is sitting in the ring in shock, the legends ring side in shock. Undertaker is motionless, medicos are attending Taker, he's not moving an inch. They call for a stretcher to come down the medicos get him on the stretcher, still motionless. But the legends take it from there, they carry the stretcher up to the top of the ramp but then a dong goes. Smoke is coming out from around the stage another dong occurs. A fire wall around the stage goes up. cameras cant see anything behinds it. The wall finally goes down and all the legends are still there, but Taker isn't on the stretcher anymore. They're all in shock not knowing what happened. Then Y2J speaks having gained a microphone and says "Punk, well, I guess you are the best, congratulations" Before any reply occurs, Punk just stands in the ring, holds his belt up high and Wrestlemania goes off the air.

Love it but do you honestly believe Taker could go that long? I sincerely have my doubts.
His last 4 Wrestlemania matches have gone on average, 29:01
Ok, 45 minutes might be a tad long, but I could very easily cut 15 minutes out of the initial fight before McMahon makes it a no-dq match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AJ and Vickie(with Ziggler) are in the middle of the ring bickering at eachother on who should be the GM of Monday night RAW. Things are getting pretty heated when CM Punks music hits. He comes roaming down to the middle of the ring and preaches about how neither of them have shown respect to the WWE Champion and that neither are worthy enough to be GM. Punk gets cut off while talking as John Cena's music hits and he makes it down to the ring to get into Punk's face about how he has been a total jerk and has shown that he is not a champion at all. Things get really heated and Punk and Cena start brawling. Everything is in chaos as wrestlers from the back come running into the ring to break it up. One thing leads to another and the other wrestlers are all brawling with eachother.

Nek minute:

Eric Bishoff is at the top of the ramp and announces to the WWE Universe that he's back in the WWE and Vince McMahon has just made him the GM of RAW again.

Wishful thinking :p

Some good ideas in here

Am I the only one who would prefer it be Goldberg that comes out on Sunday?

No. I would love it to be Goldberg. So long as it resulted in Ryback squashing the absolute living s**t outta him at Wrestlemania in, oh lets say 10 seconds.

Here is another idea I just came up with as I read on WZ that Gabriel, who is becoming a crowd favorite, is due for a push but they're not entirely sure what to do with Tyson Kidd.

Have Tyson Kidd turn heel on Gabriel in a match for the United States Championship. Make him claim that he never wanted to tag with him and that "the company" made him do it as they needed tag teams for their "stupid little tournament" and that Gabriel isn't in his league. Ultimately, a triple threat match is set up for Survivor Series -- Cesaro Vs Gabriel Vs Kidd.

At Survivor Series we have Kidd coming out on top by pinning Gabriel and winning the United States Championship.

We continue building towards the TLC pay per view. The match is billed as a one on one match - no gimmick needed match. At the end of the match, which Kidd wins, he does something spectacular to Gabriel with the use of a weapon. Gabriel is left clearly hurt and needs a paramedic to take him to the back. Kidd comes out looking like a legit heel, the crowd are baying for his blood and pray that Gabriel is okay.

For the next month the WWE updates Gabriel's health update. Kidd has a victory each week against a viable cruiserwight - Yoshi Tatsu, Sin Cara and finally a clean victory over Rey Mysterio. On the final RAW or Smackdown prior to the Royal Rumble Gabriel, still in a neck brace, comes out to the ring to cut a promo. Doctors have told him that he should not compete. However, they did not say that he COULD not. At the Royal Rumble he challenges Kidd to a ladder match for his United States Championship. Kidd appears on the tron essentially mocking Gabriel but accepts the challenge to the ladder match.

The match is the opening match of the Royal Rumble. It is fast paced and spectacular. Kidd has the upper hand for the majority of the match and really works on the neck of Gabriel. The match is worked in Kidd's favor until the very end when Gabriel does his 450 Splash from the top of the ladder before reclimbing it to claim the United States Championship.

Sometimes I'm amazed at my own mind, not what I'm abot to write, but the basic idea that I can come up with just like that.

I was reading a wrestling inc article, speaking to someone about it, and once he asked "and why not?" I thoughts 'No good story for him' well. In mere seconds I thought of a story.

Setting: Survivor Series.

Big Show and Sheamus are having their rematch and it's in a Last Man Standing match. The match has lasted for a good 20 minutes, Show has gotten back up after taking the Brogue Kick, Sheamus has gotten up after taking the WMD. They've faught to be back stage, in the parking lot.

Someone runs over The Big Show, the cameras are on him but they hear a noise behind themselves, Sheamus is planted on the ground as the cameras go in to zoom in on him, then they pan out and they see the attacker on Sheamus, it's Mark Henry. Neither Show can get up from being run either, or Sheamus from the Worlds strongest Slam, so being a double knockout, it's a draw and Big Show retains the WHC.

Later on that week and Mark Henry is in the ring demanding a shot at the title, claiming injury robbed him of his shot (partially true). In the lead-up to TLC, Show continues to say no to Henry, Booker T says he doesnt feel Henry earnt spot in a match as the back and forth keeps on going, but in the mean time, it's announced we'll have Show vs Sheamus at TLC in a tables match. Then on the lead-out episode to TLC, the show opens with Henry confronting Booker T in the parking lot basically begging for a match. Show walks up and talks Booker into saying no to Henry, then you hear someone hit something and a car, everyone looks over and runs over, Sheamus is now wiped out in the parking lot.

Sheamus appears injured and gets taken away in an ambulance, with this turn of events, Booker decides to make it a Show vs Henry match

At TLC, Show vs Henry is about to start, but then Sheamus' music hits. He comes down hobbling and joins in the match. [insert events of the match} It ends with Henry winning.

The next week on Smackdown, Henry says he wasn't working alone and there was someone driving both cars that ran over Show at Survivor Series and Sheamus the previous week.

Ted comes down with Brad Maddox. Ted's saying that, EVERYONE has a price and that he has now hired Mark Henry as his personal body gaurd and demands that Mark lays down and takes the pin, the ref starts the match, 1, 2, 3. Ted's the new World Heavyweight Champion.

Leading into Royal Rumble, both Show and Sheamus feel robbed so team up and have a series of tag matches, one on ones with Henry and Ted etc. untill Royal Rumble, one on one, Ted would lose to look weak, but when put together with Henry, they'd win every time.

At Royal Rumble they face off in a fatal four way match and it's going back and forth all match, there are points where Henry and Ted just sit back and let SHeamus and Show go head to head, but when one would go in for the pin, they'd join in again, eventually though, with Show and Sheamus both distracted with each other, we see Ted talking into Henry's ear, the next second Henry taps out to the simplist submission manouvre we've seen in recent times.

Things are still making Show and Sheamus mad as they feel they dont have a realistic and fair shot at winning it all. But Henry and Ted look fine, that is, untill Elimination Chamber. Henry starts off the match while Ted's in a cell. Henry fights off the 2 randoms, but can't manage Sheamus (4) and Show (5). Eventually Ted comes out and looks strong as he turns the tide for Mark and he finishes off both Sheamus and Show, but Henry had the taste of gold on his tongue, rather than the taste of money, he wants the title for himself and he clobbers Ted into the ground and claiming the title back.

In the road to wrestlemania, Ted's going back to be a face, as Henry is an unstoppable monstor, Sheamus and Show have gone on to their own stuff letting these 2 fight it out, Ted actually is booked to look strong, put up a good fight (like Bryan vs Sheamus 11 months prior - ps. That's extreme rules, not wrestlemania) but eventually just falls short.

Ted moves into middle card and Henry gets a new challanger (I like the idea of Ryback personally - I'd love him to have a Goldberg like run with the WHC)

Punk is still champ, he's real cocky now, but still after respect so he's challenging various legends to title matches to try and gain that respect. He beats Foley the night after SS, and and a couple of others while still feuding with ryback over the title (feud ends when punk retains via DQ @ TLC).

Setting: raw, jan 2013 (20th anniversary show)

Punk comes out and says he's now focused on the rock, but he thinks the rock shouldnt just walk into the rumble and get a title shot, it needs to be earned.
Vince comes out, and says he agrees, which is why the rock won't have a match at the rumble, he'll have it RIGHT NOW.
IF YA SMEELLLLLLLLLLL....
After what is an instant classic, the rock catches punk mid elbow drop, and delivers a rock bottom, and wins the wwe championship the show ends with punk layed out on the mat, alone and rocky celebrating on the ramp.

Come rumble time and punk enters at no 28 determined to get another shot at the rock, he comes out to an empty ring as cena and the undertaker (mania opponents) have both eliminated each other.
Punk sits in the middle of the ring cross legged waiting for 29, when he hears the shattering of glass.
Austin comes out on his quaddie, looks punk in the eye, stuns him (setting up wrestlemania), then eliminates himself.
A shattered heyman looks on from ringside, when Lesnar's music hits and and he enters at 30.
Heyman pleads with lesnar not to hurt punk, but gets an f5 for his troubles as lesnar easily tosses a dazed punk to win the rumble setting up his showdown with the rock.

cant be bothered making a story line, but when i was younger i made up something that i thought would have fitted quite well. When 'mr kennedy' is doing that thing when hes like "Misterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Kennedyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" on the microphone, triple H comes up behind him and after mr kennedy sais "Misterrrrrrrrrrrrrr", Triple H pedigrees him, then grabs the microphone and sais "Pedigreeeeeeeeeeee"

Mine is simple really, Most people find Ricardo more interesting then Berty, Everyone knows Berty has lots of money but they don't know why, to make him more interesting they could have had him pay Nash in the HHH/Punk fued to bomb Punk, this is when we found out the Berty is a mexican drug lord.

i bet 10 years ago berty being a mexican drug lord would have gotten him over as a huge face. haha.

Ziggler wins the RR and then at WM he cashes in MITB and wins and then later in the night he wins WWE Championship and unifies them, that is all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back