Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah....is that the best they've got... I thought we would roll them for bugger all but we failed dismally with the bat. Still feel we would beat the 8 times out of 10, today just happened to be one of the 2...

Next time we will thump them, I'm still very confident of that.

Woah....is that the best they've got... I thought we would roll them for bugger all but we failed dismally with the bat. Still feel we would beat the 8 times out of 10, today just happened to be one of the 2...

but next time might be after the world cup is finished.

But we can't get away from the fact that their bowling is every bit as good as ours. Southee and Boult form a deadly opening attack, and Vettori is a wily old fox.

And the fact is, our blokes still can't handle the moving ball. Hopefully we can avoid a semi final in NZ, and take the Kiwis on at the MCG in the final. I'd be far more confident of success there.

Meanwhile, the UAE have been humiliated by India, being bowled out for 102 - and they only got there, thanks to a last wicket stand of 31.

Meanwhile, the UAE have been humiliated by India, being bowled out for 102 - and they only got there, thanks to a last wicket stand of 31.

Barely half a match for Perth's first taste of the ICCWC. Might be something similar on Wednesday if Afghanistan bat first against the Aussies.

lol at result, s**t was inevitable. From the way australia plays pool matches, to the ground, to the way too many all rounders being selected, or Watson at 3, or picking players on talent not form and just plain not wanting it more than NZ.

Last few months have been wallpaper over cracks and it's impossible to gauge our side against India and England in rebuilds who can't bat for s**t on australian soil. Need some real shakeups but it won't happen this WC. Still can win it all together it's only a pool match, it was inevitable for this to happen just happy it's a Pool match.

lol at result, s**t was inevitable. From the way australia plays pool matches, to the ground, to the way too many all rounders being selected, or Watson at 3, or picking players on talent not form and just plain not wanting it more than NZ.

Last few months have been wallpaper over cracks and it's impossible to gauge our side against India and England in rebuilds who can't bat for s**t on australian soil. Need some real shakeups but it won't happen this WC. Still can win it all together it's only a pool match, it was inevitable for this to happen just happy it's a Pool match.
Watson at 3 will suffice as the lol

We should of whooped NZ.... that was just a foul batting display which is what we constantly get with Watson at 3....we looked a million bucks before because we used to play our best batsmen at number 3....

We should of whooped NZ.... that was just a foul batting display which is what we constantly get with Watson at 3....we looked a million bucks before because we used to play our best batsmen at number 3....
Faulkner in for Watson (Clarke moves up to 3?), and maybe Bailey in for Marsh, and I reckon we look a lot stronger.

We just don't have enough rocks in the batting order. Finch, maxwell, Marsh, Watson are just too one dimensional when we don't get conditions to suit. Until we can get someone (minimum 1) to assist Warner, Clarke and Smith we will always be susceptible to a collapse and we can't defend a low total with 20 overs from Marsh/Maxwell/Watson.

Faulkner in for Watson (Clarke moves up to 3?), and maybe Bailey in for Marsh, and I reckon we look a lot stronger.
From the team today i would replace cummings with Faulkner and bailey with watson

The team will look like this

Warner
Finch
Smith
Clarke
Bailey
Maxwell
Marsh
Haddin
Faulkner
Stark
Johnson

This is the the team and batting order which I would love to see....

We just don't have enough rocks in the batting order. Finch, maxwell, Marsh, Watson are just too one dimensional when we don't get conditions to suit. Until we can get someone (minimum 1) to assist Warner, Clarke and Smith we will always be susceptible to a collapse and we can't defend a low total with 20 overs from Marsh/Maxwell/Watson.
We have the best ODI batting line up in the world right now ....we constantly smash 270+ even if we have a s**t start...what are you talking about?

Todays batting display is not the norm .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the team today i would replace cummings with Faulkner and bailey with watson

The team will look like this

Warner
Finch
Smith
Clarke
Bailey
Maxwell
Marsh
Haddin
Faulkner
Stark
Johnson

This is the the team and batting order which I would love to see....

We have the best ODI batting line up in the world right now ....we constantly smash 270+ even if we have a s**t start...what are you talking about?

Todays batting display is not the norm .....

We'll see I guess. It wouldn't shock me to see another collapse. my lineup would be

Finch
Warner
Smith
Clarke
Bailey
Watson/Faulkner
Maxwell
Haddin
Starc
Johnson
Cummins/Hazlewood

I agree I don't like Finch and Warner opening together to be honest, I think we lack the solid anchor type.. who could fill that role? hmm i'll get back to ya.

*Pleased with the bowling comeback today, NZ are nothing to get too worried about on home soil IMO

We'll see I guess. It wouldn't shock me to see another collapse. my lineup would be

Finch
Warner
Smith
Clarke
Bailey
Watson/Faulkner
Maxwell
Haddin
Starc
Johnson
Cummins/Hazlewood
I would have Hazelwood in for Bailey if you want a 3rd bowler

But Faulkner shits on Watson in every single way possible it shouldnt even be discussed unless you are referring to Faulkner being injured

Jeez we are all harsh on Finch lol he could just be shuffled down the order
He played well for his 130 against England....I am happy to keep him opening but if i could i would swap him for marsh....

I dont think finch could bat anywhere else other than opening

Edit: the only guy i seriously cannot stand in the team is Watson.....anyone else you could make a case for no problems and I might not agree but would see your point

Last edited:
He played well for his 130 against England....I am happy to keep him opening but if i could i would swap him for marsh....

I dont think finch could bat anywhere else other than opening

Edit: the only guy i seriously cannot stand in the team is Watson.....anyone else you could make a case for no problems
They wont change too much now aside from perhaps Watson I imagine, hopefully Clarke can find some form against the minnows and steady up the middle a bit in case of more top order collapses.

*I really hope Smithy hasn't hit the wall

I actually think Cummins was pretty good today. Looked sharp with the ball, plus he and Haddin added 45 crucial runs for the 10th wicket.

Haddin at the top of the order could be a masterstroke, but I have a feeling the selectors aren't too keen on separating the Warner/Finch union. Anyway: bring on Afghanistan. If we bat first, it might not matter who bats at 3, as we could be 0 for 470 after 50 overs :)

They wont change too much now aside from perhaps Watson I imagine, hopefully Clarke can find some form against the minnows and steady up the middle a bit in case of more top order collapses.

*I really hope Smithy hasn't hit the wall
Watson out for Faulkner is a must...

If the selectors havent seen this by now they might just cost us the world cup...

To have him at 3 let alone in the side is the worst selection mistake I have seen....

Sheffield shield team of the week for week 8 includes 3 Redbacks. Callum Ferguson's second innings century did not get him in but Tom Cooper's first innings century did. Also Travis Head's 3 wickets as Tassie were getting hold of their first innings coupled with his 50 and 35; and Daniel Worrall's 5 economical wickets and last-wicket stand of 46.

England are on their way to another defeat. After England scored 6/309 Sri Lanka, with Thirimanne and Sangakkara both scoring tons, are 1/290, if you please. Looks like they may be a threat that hasn't been considered yet.

EDIT : 10 now needed in 4 overs. England could do with a triple hat-trick here.:confused:

EDIT EDIT : Sri Lanka won by 9 wickets with 16 balls remaining. And England dropped Thirimanne on 4 and he scored 139. They may still have lost, as they may still have had they caught Finch at zero, but it didn't help. Apparently, although Root technically dropped it, Buttler started to go for it and then pulled out, so Root had little chance of holding the catch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back