Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another fail from our captain!

You can't axe captains mid tour, it's not an Australian thing to do, but he should be stood down for our summer and give it to S Smith.
He hasn't made a run since his operation on his hammy, let him find some form with the bat without the captaincy.

Yet another fail from our captain!

You can't axe captains mid tour, it's not an Australian thing to do, but he should be stood down for our summer and give it to S Smith.
He hasn't made a run since his operation on his hammy, let him find some form with the bat without the captaincy.
captaincy has nothing to do with his poor run of form, if clarke plays he is the captain.

I feel sick after watching that recap of the 2005 series. I remember shouting "nooooooooooo" when Kasper got out, after being so confident of knocking the runs over. Still devo, 10 years on. ****.

and it wasn't even out, he had his hand off the handle of the bat.. Robbed!

Being captain you have to perform... yes, he has tickets in the bank, but how long do those tickets last for?
when he is dropped, he loses the captaincy, if he plays he is the captain. he will play the rest of the ashes series, what happens after that is up to him and his form.

I feel sick after watching that recap of the 2005 series. I remember shouting "nooooooooooo" when Kasper got out, after being so confident of knocking the runs over. Still devo, 10 years on. ****.
For at least the last 30 years, the Aussies have been the experts at losing the close ones:

3 runs v England (MCG) 82/83
5 runs v South Africa (SCG) 94/95
1 run v West Indies (Adelaide) 92/93
2 runs v England (Edgbaston) 2005

And I'm sure there's others.

Might be a touch two paced this pitch, seeing some odd balls every now and then, might be wrong, might just be some ordinary batting but seeing the odd sign that it's a touch two paced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another soft dismissal.. what are we friggin doing?

Is this another Ricky Ponting moment?

When was the last time an Aussie carried his bat in the 1st innings of a test?

Let's not get carried away yet, we have to bowl in these conditions too.

Fingers crossed.

The Test would be over in the first hour on Friday!

Yeah don't despair just yet. Lyth and Test cricket haven't been in the same postcode so far in the series. Then a struggling Ian Bell at number 3 - if he gets out cheaply, it places a lot of pressure on Cook and Root, because the rest of the batting wouldn't fill Pommy fans with much confidence. I reckon Hazlewood will be deadly on this pitch: go Josh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back