Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know Australia are struggling when they bring back Agar...

You know Australia are struggling when they bring back Agar...

I would prefer giving experience to a 21 year old to picking a 35 year old. In fact Agar had a pretty good season in 2014/15 with 31 wickets at 30.48 and more recently he took 10 wickets at 10.60 in three Australia A games against India. He has the form and deserves another go at it.

Agar has moved forward quite a bit over the last 12 months.

Looks like Steve Smith has the Australian Captaincy. No surprises there but I hope he does not become a Michael Clarke clone and that he works with the Coach to a team agenda. I also hope that the noises Steve has made so far are simply out of courtesy to the outgoing Captain and not a blue print for following Michael.

I also hope that CA give Pat Howard the flick ASAP and leave it to the Coach, his assistants and the Captain to worry about team performance. Some years ago when Bobby Simpson was appointed Australian Coach I can remember Ian Chappell saying a Coach was 'not necessary' so I shudder to think what his views on a Team Performance Manager are.

I found this...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ins-gut-instinct/story-fnp050m0-1227243167632

Looks like Steve Smith has the Australian Captaincy. No surprises there but I hope he does not become a Michael Clarke clone and that he works with the Coach to a team agenda. I also hope that the noises Steve has made so far are simply out of courtesy to the outgoing Captain and not a blue print for following Michael.

I also hope that CA give Pat Howard the flick ASAP and leave it to the Coach, his assistants and the Captain to worry about team performance. Some years ago when Bobby Simpson was appointed Australian Coach I can remember Ian Chappell saying a Coach was 'not necessary' so I shudder to think what his views on a Team Performance Manager are.

I found this...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ins-gut-instinct/story-fnp050m0-1227243167632
we are stuffed with smith as the captain. clarke was one of the best captains we have had, now we are back at 1984 levels of rebuilding a poor, young test squad, the difference was back then we had a great leader in border, now we have no-one.

Rain predicted on Sunday and Monday, but there's three whole days before that - so still pretty long odds :$
And from what I've read, it's another green top. If we bat first, England might be batting before lunch again. I haven't watched the Footy Show since Kurt Tippett wore a Crows jumper, but it sounds more attractive than the cricket right now :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Rogers 3 runs off 40 deliveries. He is doing the old "lull the opposition to sleep" tactic.

He is determined to enjoy as much of his last Test as he can.

Rest assured going in this series so far he will get a second crack.

If we started like this in Tests 1, 3 and 4 and you know what - we'd probably have won the Ashes and Clarke and ROgers would be playing in 7 more Test Matches.

First boundary hit off the 88th ball of the innings, which would have to be close to a record. But hey: you do the hard yards early, and the benefits will hopefully come later in the day (says he, typing with fingers crossed - not the world's easiest pastime!!!).

Good old-fashioned Test match cricket.

See what happens when Warner doesn't go for the smash in the third over? He survives until lunch - what a surprise.
The other thing is, Warner will be joined by a new opening partner after this Test, so the team will rely on him to play responsibly on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back