Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a difference not batting like drunken sailors makes. Saw off the moving early ball, treated the bowlers with due respect not like over 18 of a T20, still scored at a brisk rate and have plenty of wickets in hand. Here's hoping for a big score and a good finish to the series then onto the new phase of Australian cricket.

What a difference not batting like drunken sailors makes. Saw off the moving early ball, treated the bowlers with due respect not like over 18 of a T20, still scored at a brisk rate and have plenty of wickets in hand. Here's hoping for a big score and a good finish to the series then onto the new phase of Australian cricket.
Looking forward to the Australian summer, it'll be interesting to see how the pink ball plays in the Adelaide Test. If it hoops around like the Duke ball has in England, how will our batsmen cope? Hopefully they'll display the same discipline they did last night, or it could get ugly.

Just turned over to see Steve Smith caught behind for 92 off Finn. Who was a foot over the line. No ball, come back Steve. :D

I'm completely confused as to which Marsh is playing this Test but he hit the right spots too.

Speaking of Marsh, was Warney auditioning for the Chairman of Selectors job as he ripped Rod Marsh a new one on the first morning of Day 1?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm completely confused as to which Marsh is playing this Test but he hit the right spots too.

Speaking of Marsh, was Warney auditioning for the Chairman of Selectors job as he ripped Rod Marsh a new one on the first morning of Day 1?

Warney's 2 statements on Day 1 of the last 2 tests have come back to bite him.

4th Test, "if Australia can be 2 or 3 down at stumps then they will win the Test"

5th Test, "they should have picked Cummins not Siddle" (or words to that effect).

Vale the great Arthur Morris. His record stacks up with the best Australian openers over the last 130 years.

He produced probably the greatest humorous line I have ever heard from a sportsman. When asked what did he get out of playing cricket - he answered - poverty.

Poms all out 149 - Ali and Wood made a few runs at the end then Johnson knocked them both over.

Follow on enforced.

Follow-on???????????????

Unbelievable stuff that Michael Clarke is possibly denying himself and his sponsors a farewell appearance.
Nah. Let the poms score 335, then he can open the batting,score the winning run and retire with a not out

Nah. Let the poms score 335, then he can open the batting,score the winning run and retire with a not out

Interesting theory.

I thought no modern team enforces the follow-on and I'm sure the England Cricket Board will be cross at Australia considering how much the Aussies have cost them in gate attendances due to their disgraceful batting in this series.

And for Clarke to do the team thing ahead of himself.... well that is weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back