Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No larger than that Stuart Broad decision a couple of years back. What goes around comes around.
No doubt about that, but you know what Kiwi fans are like: when we go over there in February, they'll still be reminding us about it. It's why it's always lovely to knock them off.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Australia by 3 wickets in an amazing match.

The ball dominated but it was a great finish and what Test cricket should be. You have to wonder if it had not been a day night game would things have been any different?

For all the hype about the pink ball I thought it was easier to pick up than the red one. Television can be deceiving and it may have been a lot different out in the middle but you can only call it as you see it.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
A word about Sean Marsh. Overall he batted well in this innings but he does not handle pressure well. He goes into his shell when the pressure is there. Marsh froze at the MCG last year when on the verge of a century and he froze again tonight. He should have guided Australia past that target but didn't seem capable of playing a scoring stroke over the last six overs of his innings. It was as if he put up the shutters and wanted the player at the other end to do the scoring.

Well done Australia and well done Sean Marsh on getting to 49. We would not have won without it.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A word about Sean Marsh. Overall he batted well in this innings but he does not handle pressure well. He goes into his shell when the pressure is there. Marsh froze at the MCG last year when on the verge of a century and he froze again tonight. He should have guided Australia past that target but didn't seem capable of playing a scoring stroke over the last six overs of his innings. It was as if he put up the shutters and wanted the player at the other end to do the scoring.

Well done Australia and well done Sean Marsh on getting to 49. We would not have won without it.
Agree on all counts. He's bought himself at least one more Test (Hobart) with that score but barring injury to any other batsmen, it may well be his last with Khawaja coming back for Boxing Day.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Why not give one of the Redback double-centurions a run?

Because they were one off big scores.

We should look for batsmen who are averaging over 50 in the last season and this season.

Here is the 2014/15 most runs

AC Voges 11 20 7 1358
(Western Australia)
M Klinger 11 20 2 1046
(Western Australia)
CT Bancroft 11 19 0 896
(Western Australia)
CJ Ferguson 10 19 3 836
(South Australia)
EJM Cowan 9 17 0 815
(Tasmania)
JA Burns 10 17 2 793
(Queensland)
MP Stoinis 10 17 1 785
(Victoria)
PM Nevill 10 14 4 764
(New South Wales)
SE Marsh 11 16 5 706
(Western Australia)

Talk all about Lyon dismissal ... Warner was dismissed on a no ball that wasnt called on the review by said same 3rd umpire

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Got told by someone who has contacts who are in the know that Klinger will never ever get a look in, it wouldn't matter if he ave 200 with the bat.

The reasoning I wont say here but it's pretty bloody bad.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Geeze, these commentators are ******* pathetic.

agree, I wish Channel 9 lost the cricket rights one day to a rival channel that isn't foxtel. It's the only way these idiots will stop commentating.

Brayshaw is the worst out of the lot, followed by Healy, then Taylor (sick of him going about what he did in his day).

Got told by someone who has contacts who are in the know that Klinger will never ever get a look in, it wouldn't matter if he ave 200 with the bat.

The reasoning I wont say here but it's pretty bloody bad.

Bad by Klinger or a prejuduce against him by officials?

LukeSA

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
agree, I wish Channel 9 lost the cricket rights one day to a rival channel that isn't foxtel. It's the only way these idiots will stop commentating.

Brayshaw is the worst out of the lot, followed by Healy, then Taylor (sick of him going about what he did in his day).

True story, i was out fishing out in the boat on one of those rare calm days, a port game was on triplem and my mate nearly ripped the radio out of the boat's dash, said he was going to throw it overboard, all because of Brayshaw's s**t commentating.

The sad part is i am not over exaggerating, his commentating was genuinely loathing.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Bad by Klinger or a prejuduce against him by officials?

Have you any idea how old Max Klinger is ?

If the selectors do what you demand in two years time they will be looking for two new middle order batsmen instead of one. I heard Adam Gilchrist make this very point on the ABC on the weekend. Australia needs to find young talent and that is not Klinger.

Have you any idea how old Max Klinger is ?

If the selectors do what you demand in two years time they will be looking for two new middle order batsmen instead of one. I heard Adam Gilchrist make this very point on the ABC on the weekend. Australia needs to find young talent and that is not Klinger.

I didnt ask for his selection ... was responding to LFCs comment as to why he possibly is not selected!

Last edited:

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
Tassie were 3/96 with 10 overs to go to lunch, had not lost a wicket in the first session and looked like they could hold us up from a deserved win. Then they lost 3/19 before lunch including the two set batsmen Bailey and Doran and at 6/115 with two sessions left look lost.

Is it still convention to get the opposing captain's approval to use a sub fielder?

Wondering if NZ thought anything of Starc being "ok" to bat (twice), yet 10 minutes later unable to take the field?

Take his first innings out, and its a totally different result.

But he didn't use a runner or bowl ... not sure if u need or should seek sub approval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back