Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, well done to NSW for claiming this year's Sheffield Shield.

Poor Holland - they played Sri Lanka at the Mickey Mouse World Cup yesterday, and were bowled out for 39. Sri Lanka won by 9 wickets, with no less than 90 balls to spare!!!

settle down west indies. its just a silly t20 match, its like winning the mini league at half time, means nothing.
Chris Gayle falling on his ass going overboard with his celebration, not sure what they said but a few Aussies looked pissed off with a bit of the carry on.

It's a silly T20 match but it would've been nice to win the tournament or at least advance out of the group stages to finish off the perfect summer.

T20 is a bit like that old line about Chinese food. Half an hour after you've watched it you've forgotten the result.

T20 is a bit like that old line about Chinese food. Half an hour after you've watched it you've forgotten the result.
Hear hear. We play the Windies in the Caribbean in a Test series in April/May next year, and I'm sure the outcome will be far different to last night's result. Mitchell Johnson bowling at 150+ with a red ball is a bit different to a hit and giggle game. Of course, the home team will probably decide to cancel the series at the last minute, because it clashes with the IPL.

Hear hear. We play the Windies in the Caribbean in a Test series in April/May next year, and I'm sure the outcome will be far different to last night's result. Mitchell Johnson bowling at 150+ with a red ball is a bit different to a hit and giggle game. Of course, the home team will probably decide to cancel the series at the last minute, because it clashes with the IPL.

It will be like a Test match during World Series Cricket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

t20 doesn't count for anything, total rubbish cricket. except when the poms lose to the dutch..... hilarious

Bloody hell - again.

Here's an article about England's humiliation. Sport is good right now - Port won the Showdown, and the Poms got smashed by the Dutch. Now we just need the Swans to do the right thing this week :)

As bad as it looks for Australia at the T20 World Cup at the moment, it seems that England may even be in even worse condition.

England were already out of semi finals contention going into the match, but were fresh from successfully chasing a massive 189 against SL. The Netherlands had been bowled out for only 39 just days before by SL, so England had some cause to be confident of winning. England won the toss and chose to field, and did well to restrict the score to 5/133, despite a number of fielding blunders. Thanks particularly to Bopara's bowling at the death, the final nine overs went for only 49 runs.

England started the chase poorly, slumping to 3/32 from the first 8 overs. After 12 overs, they were 6/54, and after 16 overs 8/78. Their total of 88 from 17.4 overs is the lowest ever recorded by a Test team against an Associate team, and their total of three fours scored is their lowest ever in a T20I.

England previously lost to the Netherlands at the T20 WC in 2009, playing at Lords. The Netherlands are now the only Associate team to beat a Test team twice in T20Is. In the last 12 months, they have played 47 international matches and won only 17. Can things get any worse for England cricket? Hopefully not - surely their performance can only improve from here.

From ESPNCricInfo:
There is a great deal of competition for the lowest point in the history of English cricket. They have been defeated by Ireland and Netherlands, bowled out by a chicken farmer in Zimbabwe and whitewashed by India, West Indies and Australia. They were even knocked out of the World Cup they hosted in 1999 before the theme song was released. But defeat at the hands of Netherlands - the second time they have lost to them in two meetings following the result in the 2009 World T20 at Lord's - in Chittagong ranks among the worst of England's defeats. In a winter stuffed with setbacks and disappointment, England left the most ignominious moment until last.

Yep pretty sure he won it, also the men in orange finally snag a victory!

Netherlands bowl England out for 88 and win by 45, lol England the Dutch's bunnies in T20 :p

Jeez, I should have put money on it

Might not have been a good idea laughing at the Poms losing to the Dutch when we're copping a bit of stick from the Bangers at the moment.
And judging by the vast number of posts, commenting on our win over the Bangers, I'd say people are slightly more focussed on Port beating North Melbourne :)

I just cannot get enthusiastic about t20. There is absolutely no science and a lot of luck to it.
Give me a Test match any day of the week!!! T20 is like a diet of fairy floss - it gives you a temporary sense of satisfaction, but is then soon forgotten.

As much as T20 cricket underwhelms me, I must admit to having an evil satisfaction at the exit of the West Indies overnight, following their over exuberant celebrations after beating Australia. The phrase, "Pride comes before a fall" springs readily to mind.

As much as T20 cricket underwhelms me, I must admit to having an evil satisfaction at the exit of the West Indies overnight, following their over exuberant celebrations after beating Australia. The phrase, "Pride comes before a fall" springs readily to mind.

Their celebrations against us were atrocious weren't they. I value Test cricket so much more than T20 and the Windies in the 80's were just awesome. This current crop really doesn't care about playing Tests, so for them to celebrate like they were kings of the cricket world having scraped in against us was ridiculous. That particular form of the game, so heavily influenced by huge bats, small grounds and dare I say it, in play spot betting......it's hard to get too excited about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back