Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done to the Southern Stars knocking off the Poms, shame it's the only sport highlight for us today lol.

10003802_10152320765909313_8920253485663972608_o.jpg

Last edited:
Well done to the Southern Stars knocking off the Poms, shame it's the only sport highlight for us today lol.

10003802_10152320765909313_8920253485663972608_o.jpg
Great stuff by the girls. Pommy cricketers must be thoroughly sick of playing Australia - they choke more often than the Crows do :)

Not happy with the Redbacks giving Klinger the boot after the years of high level and consistent service he's given us. I'll have to find a bookie that will take a bet for Klinger to score at least one 100 against SA next season, it'll happen 100%.

woah, heard an ad on mmm today where they were talking about klinger leaving. i cant believe berry told klinger his spot in the side wasnt guaranteed as we have such a 'strong batting line up'. what a joke, within 24 hours klinger rightly told berry he was going elsewhere. this has to be the biggest mistake in sa cricket in a long time. klinger made 200 in his second last game for us, has clearly made the most runs in both proper formats of the game for the years he was here, by a long way, and some bozo tells him his spot isnt guaranteed. yet we keep this ball tampering chucker with a terrible record as captain, in all forms of the game. klinger should still be captain and should have been told he was a major part of the side going forward. we are a ******* joke.

woah, heard an ad on mmm today where they were talking about klinger leaving. i cant believe berry told klinger his spot in the side wasnt guaranteed as we have such a 'strong batting line up'. what a joke, within 24 hours klinger rightly told berry he was going elsewhere. this has to be the biggest mistake in sa cricket in a long time. klinger made 200 in his second last game for us, has clearly made the most runs in both proper formats of the game for the years he was here, by a long way, and some bozo tells him his spot isnt guaranteed. yet we keep this ball tampering chucker with a terrible record as captain, in all forms of the game. klinger should still be captain and should have been told he was a major part of the side going forward. we are a ******* joke.
Must agree - so blokes like Sam Raphael are more important to the future of the Redbacks than Klinger???? Sam is a good young player, but Maxy was the rock around which the rest of our batting was moulded. SA cricket has shot itself in the foot so many times, there can't be too much foot left to shoot!!!

Kelvin Smith and Travis Head are the future...

Stoked with Cossie coming back.

surely you're not happy klinger is gone. head will be very good, jury is still out on smith at that level. klinger is a run scoring machine, typical poor mismanagement of the team, straight out of the 'we didnt learn from harris' playbook

I know how he feels. I was in a job for 34 years and when they started suggesting that maybe I wasn't suited to the job I retired. You can only take so much crap and SA seems to be an expert at dishing it out.

surely you're not happy klinger is gone. head will be very good, jury is still out on smith at that level. klinger is a run scoring machine, typical poor mismanagement of the team, straight out of the 'we didnt learn from harris' playbook

Not quite to that extreme... Klinger is 33 and maybe its a matter of investing in Head and Smith instead of giving Klinger 3 years.

Smith is only 19 and his international under age career suggests he's a special talent.

We missed out on getting the guru as our coach but the Redbacks have landed a decent coup signing up his son Jake.

Lehmann junior joins Redbacks

Another left-handed batting talent carrying the name of Lehmann is on track for a career with South Australia after Australian coach Darren Lehmann’s 21-year-old son Jake was today rewarded with his first state rookie contract with the West End Redbacks.

The States were required to finalise their 2014-15 contract list by today, with South Australia, Western Australia and Tasmania all making their lists public on deadline day. The other states have finalised their squads but have yet to make details public.

The son of the Bupa Sheffield Shield’s all-time leading runs scorer (with 13,635 from 147 matches for South Australia and Victoria) has been recognised after a series of strong performances for SA in last summer’s Toyota Futures League competition.

Having followed in his father’s footsteps by making his senior Adelaide grade cricket debut as a teenager – albeit with East Torrens rather than his dad’s Northern Districts club – Jake impressed in his debut second XI season scoring 255 runs at an average of 36 in his four appearances.

Lehmann junior joins Redbacks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English cricket club Wirral CC all out for three in match against Haslington

ENGLAND’S cricketers may have suffered the embarrassment of a World Twenty20 defeat by the Netherlands and a 5-0 Ashes thrashing in Australia but even they were never bowled out for three as has happened to one club side.
Wirral, from north-west England, was dismissed for just three against Haslington in a Cheshire League Third Division match — with extras the topscorer courtesy of two leg-byes.
There were 10 ducks in the Wirral innings, with number 11 Connor Hodson, supposedly their worst batsman, the only member of the visitors' side to score a run off the bat.
That Wirral managed three was something of an achievement after they were reduced to eight down for no runs, in an innings that lasted fewer than 10 overs.
Haslington won the match by 105 runs after making only 108 themselves before, as the Stoke Sentinel newspaper reported, “the real drama unfolded after the tea interval”.
Wirral's official Twitter feed saw them issue pleas to several ex-England players, including former captain Michael Vaughan and popular television pandit David Lloyd for “a few hours coaching” under the hashtag of #weneedit.

English cricket club Wirral CC all out for three in match against Haslington

ENGLAND’S cricketers may have suffered the embarrassment of a World Twenty20 defeat by the Netherlands and a 5-0 Ashes thrashing in Australia but even they were never bowled out for three as has happened to one club side.
Wirral, from north-west England, was dismissed for just three against Haslington in a Cheshire League Third Division match — with extras the topscorer courtesy of two leg-byes.
There were 10 ducks in the Wirral innings, with number 11 Connor Hodson, supposedly their worst batsman, the only member of the visitors' side to score a run off the bat.
That Wirral managed three was something of an achievement after they were reduced to eight down for no runs, in an innings that lasted fewer than 10 overs.
Haslington won the match by 105 runs after making only 108 themselves before, as the Stoke Sentinel newspaper reported, “the real drama unfolded after the tea interval”.
Wirral's official Twitter feed saw them issue pleas to several ex-England players, including former captain Michael Vaughan and popular television pandit David Lloyd for “a few hours coaching” under the hashtag of #weneedit.

I remember once playing for Kenilworth in the 5th division Adelaide Amateur League. Kenilworth were dismissed for 40 and I scored 30. We were lucky to get those runs as I was in a run of ducks to rival Chris Martin.

As much as we had a laugh at Pollards run in with Starc in the IPL 5AA just said that he's been signed up to the Strikers which is a massive get after landing Brad Hodge, looks as though we'll lose Klinger & Ferguson though.

I just hope Polly's worked on his batting against slow short pitched bowling because he got bogged down big time in the last BB he was with us, hope he lights up AO again with some massive sixes.

Take that KP!!!!!!

LONDON: England and Wales Cricket Board managing director Paul Downton has given his most detailed explanation yet for the controversial decision to end the international career of the "frustrating" Kevin Pietersen.
The South Africa-born batsman, England's leading run scorer across all formats, was sensationally axed from the national set-up following the team's 5-0 Ashes series loss in Australia.
During a Lord's news conference on April 19 when Peter Moores was unveiled as England coach after Andy Flower stood down following the Ashes debacle, Downton said there was "no going back" for the "disconnected" Pietersen and that it was time for everyone involved in English cricket to get behind captain Alastair Cook.
Former England wicketkeeper Downton gave a more detailed explanation for his decision to ditch the 33-year-old Pietersen in an interview with BBC Radio's Test Match Special on Thursday.
"One of the huge issues after Australia was 'what are we going to do about Kevin?', Downton said of a series where Pietersen was England's leading scorer, albeit with just 294 runs at 29.4.
"I watched every ball of the Sydney Test live, and I've never seen anyone as disinterested or distracted as Kevin; it looked very strange.
"I talked to every person on the management team and quite a few senior players, and I couldn't find one supporter who wanted Kevin to stay in the side.
"There was a significant amount of frustration in terms of his attitude, 'are you really fighting it out?'
"The accusations were that Kevin had too many agendas and wasn't 100 per cent focused on playing for England.
"I'm not saying everything that happened in Australia was down to Kevin.
"There is no smoking gun; this was in the best interests of English cricket.
"We'd just lost 5-0 with Kevin in the side. Are you going to back Cook and Ian Bell to be the backbone of that side, or are you going to back Kevin?
"There was a strong feeling in the dressing-room that we weren't going to grow as a side until we addressed that," Downton insisted.
But former England batsman Geoffrey Boycott, said Pietersen would still be playing international cricket if he was under a better 'man-manager' as England captain.
"Would Kevin Pietersen still be playing Test cricket if Michael Vaughan, Mike Brearley or Raymond Illingworth was captaining the side?," Boycott said.
"My answer is categorically, 10 out of 10, yes."

Whilst I agree that KP needed to be stood down saying he didn't do his best to fight it out in Australia when he was easily their leading run scorer is a lot of wank when you look at how pitiful the likes of Cook performed.

From an outsiders POV it looks like the culture of the English Cricket team is just as fragile & piss weak as it was in days gone by which is good to see after losing multiple Ashes series to them.

The last thing any Aussie wants to see is a formidable England side at the top of Cricket food chain.

Whilst I agree that KP needed to be stood down saying he didn't do his best to fight it out in Australia when he was easily their leading run scorer is a lot of wank when you look at how pitiful the likes of Cook performed.

From an outsiders POV it looks like the culture of the English Cricket team is just as fragile & piss weak as it was in days gone by which is good to see after losing multiple Ashes series to them.

The last thing any Aussie wants to see is a formidable England side at the top of Cricket food chain.
Well Seany - we'll find out soon enough how fragile English cricket is: their 2 Test series against Sri Lanka starts on June 12, and then they play a 5 Test series against India, starting on July 9. Both series are in England - if they can't knock off 2 teams who win away from home about as often as Stephen Rowe says something intelligent, it'll definitely make Aussie fans extremely confident of retaining the Ashes next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back