Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Again there were just a few things in it, the catch to Putland off White that was just short, the runout of Hussey? that just missed. But after a while and many missed catches and runouts you realise that there is just not the desire to win.

SA a waste of time in the Matador cup. Too bad it's on GEM, I'd much sooner watch what they usually programme at 12.00 on weekdays, old English comedy movies. Although yesterday's offering of "Are You Being Served?" was a bit difficult to take.

SA 9 for 147 in the 28th over - at one stage 7 for 76. Lawford at least adding some respectability, with 61 not out off 44 balls. Great call from Darren Berry last week - "we're not here to finish 3rd or 4th". Well Darren - you look like getting your wish: you won't finish that high!!!!!!!

FFS. That's $20 I've lost on those cretins over the 3 games so far, plus the $5 I had on them to win the Cup outright. I thought SA @ $2.12 were in for a good show today against WA who haven't played a match yet, with Tait playing too. Meanwhile I ignore the Aussie team in the UAE who are 2 from 2. Might concentrate on the EPL me thinks!

WA 6/96 chasing 147, Voges and Agar at the crease. Might be a chance for a minor miracle here...

Last edited:
FFS. That's $20 I've lost on those cretins over the 3 games so far, plus the $5 I had on them to win the Cup outright. I thought SA @ $2.12 were in for a good show today against WA who haven't played a match yet, with Tait playing too. Meanwhile I ignore the Aussie team in the UAE who are 2 from 2. Might concentrate on the EPL me thinks!

WA 6/96 chasing 147, Voges and Agar at the crease. Might be a chance for a minor miracle here...
Klinger made a duck against his old side. Voges is definitely the key from here - get him out, and that miracle might become a reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all over, lost by 3 wickets.

Gonna be another long season

The United Arab Emirates will beat Namibia in the World Cup Final before the Redbacks win another Sheffield Shield. This mob couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag!!!!! Compare our spineless effort today to that of Tasmania, who were in similar trouble against Victoria this afternoon. Batting first, Tassie was 5 for 75, but recovered to post 7 for 287 off their 50 overs. They then rolled the Vics for 155.

The Redbacks seem to be able to find new and wonderful ways to drop catches. I wouldn't say the one Lawford dropped when Agar was four was easy, although a state cricketer should have gobbled it.
He caught it in his left hand and when he was trying to bring both his hands together to cradle it, he knocked it out. The commentators said it came out when he hit the ground, but it was actually out of his left hand and bouncing off his right hand before he hit the ground.

Typical Pakistan last night. They were sailing along merrily at 0 for 126, and seemingly heading for a 300+ total. Then the wheels, the chassis and just about everything else fell off, as they lost 10 for 89 to be dismissed for 215. A small target of 216 was never going to be a problem for our boys - they duly completed a 5 wicket win with 40 balls to spare: Maxwell 76 not out off 81 balls.

Typical Pakistan last night. They were sailing along merrily at 0 for 126, and seemingly heading for a 300+ total. Then the wheels, the chassis and just about everything else fell off, as they lost 10 for 89 to be dismissed for 215. A small target of 216 was never going to be a problem for our boys - they duly completed a 5 wicket win with 40 balls to spare: Maxwell 76 not out off 81 balls.
Even with the collapse they should have been able to get about 240. They were 5-185 after 39 overs and 215 all out after 49.3 so in 10.3 overs with 5 wickets in hand they scored 30 only. They would have scored more by simply slogging.

I seem to remember a 50 over game SA played in NSW some years back. We had scored just over 200 and NSW were about 0/110 and then there was a complete implosion and they lost. Can't find any record of it and would have to troll through up to 40 years of one-day games to find it. I think Rick Darling may have been involved in it.

Tasmania have managed to get past the lowest Australian domestic one-day score(51). No prizes for guessing who has that.
Wonder why captains don't change the bowling order when collapses like this happen. Usually the top 2 quicks bowl the first 5 each and then come back after 30 overs. But after Paris and Beehrendorff had finished Tassie were 7/20. Why not just keep them on?

Tasmania have managed to get past the lowest Australian domestic one-day score(51). No prizes for guessing who has that.
Wonder why captains don't change the bowling order when collapses like this happen. Usually the top 2 quicks bowl the first 5 each and then come back after 30 overs. But after Paris and Beehrendorff had finished Tassie were 7/20. Why not just keep them on?
Didn't matter too much in the end Mick: WA won by 7 wickets, with a ridiculous 209 balls to spare....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back