Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like D/L could come into this match and Ian Healy has just pointed out that at 17 overs Victoria are 47 runs behind as they have lost two wickets. They won't claw back any runs by QLD losing wickets till the 27th over so they'd want to get a move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Redbacks 7 down and have screwed up another game. While they were 3 down and going at 6 an over my main worry was that on this ground they could make 340 and that would not be enough. Doesn't really matter now. Ian Chappell really gets pissed off at teams in batting power plays thinking they have to do something special and throwing their wickets away. Tom Cooper had already scored a 6 and a 4 off the over before he slogged a ball to mid-off and got himself caught.

Queensland 1 run better and have faced 2 more overs but they have only lost three wickets and are at Bankstown oval where 250-270 is a passable score.

Even though the required run rate for Tassie had gone over 10, I wasn't confident of a win but now that Dunk has gone I will state SA will have their first win. And they have dropped yet another player.

The definition of optimism :
Tasmania require 80 runs off 20 balls and the commentator says "they have to clear the fence a couple of times to have any chance to win."

Other interesting comments made with 3 overs to go were "the Redbacks should win their first game now" and they'd have to bowl pretty badly to lose".

Got to admit that Tassie made a complete dogs' breakfast of that chase. Dunk, Paine, Cowan and Silk were all much too slow and Wells was going along at a snails' pace for most of his innings. Towards the end when the required rate was 16, it became more obvious that Tassie should have put the foot down only slightly 20 overs earlier than they did. An extra 20-40 runs off their run chase would have left them in with a chance. It was a joke that I wasn't even all that bothered by the catches that went down as the rate was taking care of the game anyway.

Redbacks are a different side with Richo in it, we'll need to unearth another gem quick because Kane will see his fair share of international action this summer.

Nah you'll have him. There's a fair few quicks that should be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back