Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put money on the Kiwis making the semi finals of the world cup. Play all 6 games at home inc v Oz at Eden Park in Auckland and its set up for them to play a QF in Wellington and a SF back at Eden Park. Dont think the will get past the semi, but you never know.
I'm not so sure: their top 7 has so many weapons. If McCullum doesn't fire, Williamson and Taylor probably will. Corey Anderson has an ODI century off 36 balls, and we saw what Elliott and Ronchi can do on Friday. Hopefully they all have an off day together, but you wouldn't bet on it.

Andrew Tye clearly wasn't picked for his batting: he's just done what very few (if anybody) has done before him - he's played out a maiden in the 20th over of a T20 game. It takes a special form of incompetence to achieve such a feat: it makes Glenn McGrath look like Don Bradman :)

Don't really care who wins after last night but a little glad to see Klinger fail, can't blame him for leaving but don't want to see him achieve much success for another state.

Lyon on the other hand acted like a real tosser last night, completely changed my opinion of him & I hope whoever wins tonight smashes him & Lee off the park in the final.

I like seeing Klinger do well, stick it up Cricket SA and show them for the campaigners they are

I'm not so sure: their top 7 has so many weapons. If McCullum doesn't fire, Williamson and Taylor probably will. Corey Anderson has an ODI century off 36 balls, and we saw what Elliott and Ronchi can do on Friday. Hopefully they all have an off day together, but you wouldn't bet on it.
Mate their grounds and the competition they have inflates their currency....

Until they do that against us or South Africa its all fluff....

Mate their grounds and the competition they have inflates their currency....

Until they do that against us or South Africa its all fluff....
Yeah but they play all their games in their own backyard until the final. If they happen to get to the big one, they may find the MCG a different kettle of fish, but beating them over there might be like trying to knock off Port at the Portress in 2015 :)

Andrew Tye clearly wasn't picked for his batting: he's just done what very few (if anybody) has done before him - he's played out a maiden in the 20th over of a T20 game. It takes a special form of incompetence to achieve such a feat: it makes Glenn McGrath look like Don Bradman :)
Could have made the difference if it was very close at the end. But Tye's inability to get off strike may not have cost much. If he had scored runs it wouldn't have been many. Maybe at the best if he had got Arafat on strike, well Arafat has hit a six before. But the boos Tye got were over the top for missing out on what may have been at the outside 10 runs. Anyway he more than made up for it.

Yeah but they play all their games in their own backyard until the final. If they happen to get to the big one, they may find the MCG a different kettle of fish, but beating them over there might be like trying to knock off Port at the Portress in 2015 :)
Phil my man we will score 350+ on their flat track fishbowls....

And our bowling line up is stronger than sri lanka by a fair margin

Phil my man we will score 350+ on their flat track fishbowls....

And our bowling line up is stronger than sri lanka by a fair margin
Well my friend - I hope you're right: beating the Kiwis at anything (including tiddlywinks) is damn satisfying. Beating them in NZ in the World Cup is quite something else!!!!

kressey.jpg

Magenta and Orange? Puh-lease!

#karma... raining in sydney.

Lets hope they see as little play as possible. Never deserved to host it anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you guys mad about it being*(?) in Sydney
Because we've had the Australia Day (ODI) match for a decade or so (I think), and now, when half a billion dollars of investment has produced one of the best stadia in the world, they move the game to Sydney...

Last edited:
Because we've had the Australia Day match for a decade or so (I think), and now, when half a billion dollars of investment has produced one of the best stadia in the world, they move the game to Sydney...
Hopefully we'll even the ledger by hosting more AFL finals than Sydney :)

After the toss Ch 9 played highlights of last years ODI v the poms at AO on Australia day. It was Oz batters hitting boundaries and poms losing their wickets. They had the Angels' - Am I ever gonna see your face again as the background music. My first thought was is Mark Nicholas and Slats going to sing no way get *.ed, * off. Then I though is this Cricket Oz sending a message to cricket fans in SA about the future of international cricket games at AO on the Oz day long weekend.

After the toss Ch 9 played highlights of last years ODI v the poms at AO on Australia day. It was Oz batters hitting boundaries and poms losing their wickets. They had the Angels' - Am I ever gonna see your face again as the background music. My first thought was is Mark Nicholas and Slats going to sing no way get ****.ed, **** off. Then I though is this Cricket Oz sending a message to cricket fans in SA about the future of international cricket games at AO on the Oz day long weekend.

Amazed that tradition lasted as long as it did. When you have a SACA as s**t as SA has, we'll get what we deserve, sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back