Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Packer cricket war ended Adelaide has got either a test match or ODI on or close to Oz day long weekend. But since the 1998-99 when Adelaide got a Decembed test after 10 consecutive late January, test matches, Adelaide has only had 2 late January tests and the rest have been ODI's.

Sydney you piece of s***...

They do absolutetly nothing for the country...

Cant even produce good weather for summer of cricket....

Give them to New Zealand
Looking on cricinfo earlier, the long range weather forecast seems to suggest that some World Cup games could be affected by bad weather. Hopefully all of them involve New Zealand and South Africa, and none involve Australia!!!

It unAustralian to have bad weather on Australia day...

Sydney is now part of of New Zealand
New Zealand has always had the North and South Island. It now has the West Island - Sydney.....

Looking on cricinfo earlier, the long range weather forecast seems to suggest that some World Cup games could be affected by bad weather. Hopefully all of them involve New Zealand and South Africa, and none involve Australia!!!
New Zealand and South Africa are no threat. Good on tiny oval against weak opposition, fail when the big guns come out. Pakistan are more a chance than those two.

Some good points made here Adelaide conspicuous by Australia Day absence.

I wasn't aware CA contributed zilch to the Adelaide Oval redevelopment, i'm glad that they would've made a considerable loss in ratings & attendance income whilst having to offer refunds to those who only got to watch a couple overs in the pouring rain.

Something is seriously wrong over there at CA for them to have such open favoritism towards NSW whilst robbing SA, QLD & WA of matches they deserve, Adelaide Oval is one of the best venues in the country if they want to continue to shun us then I hope Sutherland & co enjoy many failures in the future similar to Australia day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't aware CA contributed zilch to the Adelaide Oval redevelopment, i'm glad that they would've made a considerable loss in ratings & attendance income whilst having to offer refunds to those who only got to watch a couple overs in the pouring rain.

Something is seriously wrong over there at CA for them to have such open favoritism towards NSW whilst robbing SA, QLD & WA of matches they deserve, Adelaide Oval is one of the best venues in the country if they want to continue to shun us then I hope Sutherland & co enjoy many failures in the future similar to Australia day.

So with them contributing zero $ to the redevelopment, does this mean all money made from the bars and kiosks at AO stay in SACA's pockets, or do CA (like SNAFL) put their sticky fingers into them and take money they don't deserve?

How's the comment (obviously written by a New South Welshman), "SA gets more than its fair share - they should get over it." Hopefully Sydney's next game gets rained out as well :)

Good to see Steve Smith win the Allan Border Medal - bit of a no brainer really: he's been a superstar.

But what really put a smile on my face was the fact that Sean Abbott won the Bradman Medal. After the incredible trauma of the Hughes tragedy, the kid deserves a bit of good news.

Stupid was getting all schadenfreudy when the Aus v Ind one-dayer got washed out the other day because that's the game that "should have been at Adelaide Oval!". 6PR have been carrying on the same about the BBL final being played at Manooka instead of The Furnace because showers are forecast for Canberra today. Conveniently ignoring this forecast for Perth today:

Perth area
Very hot. Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back