Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, right.
But didn't they have black pads?
Just Hobart
2013Dec21103456_159520329.jpg

153080.2.jpg

I don't like how Majestic have made all the teams have black as there second colour.Brisbane and Hobart have lost there white and grey and I think doing this makes the uniforms too generic.

The uniforms are way too generic, even with that white option. Scorchers are basically the only side to have done anything even remotely interesting with the front of their shirt.

The uniforms are way too generic, even with that white option. Scorchers are basically the only side to have done anything even remotely interesting with the front of their shirt.
I liked the Adelaide, Brisbane and Hobart shirts from BBL 3. I've never been too impressed by the others.

I agree. They are lacking imagination and fantasy.

For some time now there has been a piece of ‘memorabilia’ circulating called the ‘Days of Glory Shirt’; a recreation of the shirt Steven Waugh wore during the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England. This piece’s main claim to fame is that it is an exact recreation of the shirt that he wore. These recreations have been on sale in ‘memorabilia’ stores as well as on eBay with prices ranging from a couple of hundred dollars to several thousand.

I thought I’d do a comparison of a genuine player issued shirt to the ‘Days of Glory shirt.

B5iuBJLCEAA7rhx.jpg

The shirt on the left is the PI. Firstly there is no official merchandise tag on the front of the replica and the stitching at the beneath the buttons is different.

The PI is made in the UK while the replica is made in Australia.

B5it1ewCcAIr0y8.jpg

The asics logo on the replica has the registered trademark ‘R’ while this is absent on the PI.

B5it1FeCYAAMgZH.jpg

the ACB logo on the PI has white highlights while the replica does not.

B5iuD3yCAAAr3_Q.jpg

The Fly Emirates sponsor logos are fully embroidered on the PI while they are printed/heat pressed on the replica. (Replicas at the time also had heat pressed sponsor logos).

B5it1LfCUAAJtFw.jpg

Quite a few differences between the two, and not really an exact recreation as has been claimed.

With the BBL kits, I'm disappointed none of the players have taken upon themselves to wear one of the Christmas hats made in team colours.
Would look awesome watching the fielders running around in Santa hats!
Always wanted one of the Strikers to wear one of those blue "Guy Sebastian afro" wigs we used to have.

With the BBL kits, I'm disappointed none of the players have taken upon themselves to wear one of the Christmas hats made in team colours.
Would look awesome watching the fielders running around in Santa hats!
Always wanted one of the Strikers to wear one of those blue "Guy Sebastian afro" wigs we used to have.
Completely agree. Remember back in BBL01 I think it was Steve Smith with his Baseball style Sixers cap off to the side - looked like a real goose but that is how the teens and stuff were wearing it.

At least it added a little bit of character to the game.

Did anyone notice the Christmas tree that was mowed into the grass at the Thunder vs heat game? Looked pretty cool IMO.
Only once the Thunder pointed it out did I realise it wasn't just a couple of funky lines mown at angles. Cool idea, wasn't executed well enough. Plus 20 of the 40 overs it's upside-down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so does BLK only supply the ODD full kit and the Shield tops? every picture i've seen the players have different pants, usually from their bat supplier.
7FE44CF6335A4F6CB5FA5C38FAAADF2C.ashx
It's been that way for years, even in the Test arena. Only recently has the Aussie team switched to having CA-branded pants provided by Asics for Tests.

so does BLK only supply the ODD full kit and the Shield tops? every picture i've seen the players have different pants, usually from their bat supplier.
7FE44CF6335A4F6CB5FA5C38FAAADF2C.ashx
They also supply the BBL umpire uniforms.

Yeh they haven't offered any 4 day top contests yet as the season has just started. But yeh, would love to get my hands of either tbh, if you find out anything more, PM me brah, would love to purchase one.
i emailed BLK and they replied: "Thanks for your email enquiry, Unfortunately Victorian Bushrangers apparel will not be available online and wont have a retail range available for the general public"

might try the bushrangers/ cricket victoria and keep trying.
but i doubt i'll get anywhere now.

i emailed BLK and they replied: "Thanks for your email enquiry, Unfortunately Victorian Bushrangers apparel will not be available online and wont have a retail range available for the general public"

might try the bushrangers/ cricket victoria and keep trying.
but i doubt i'll get anywhere now.
bushrangers reply: "We don't at this stage unfortunately, but we're looking to do this in the future so keep a look out!"
hopefully soon, maybe a hint for next season for BLK to possibly release replicas for all the teams?
are the bushrangers completely run by cricket victoria or do they work like the AFL clubs being independent from cric vic, but working with them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back