Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That England kit looks wicked.

I think black pants would be okay, given the lion is black.

It's frustrating how Australia, bar Nike and the Socceroos very, very rarely have decent national kits in anything. The Aussie world cup kits are fine but I hate the shade of yellow we use. Similarly, our basketball uniforms are a disgrace. Hopefully we'll have a decent team at the next FIBA world cup and we'll get a decent manufacturer for once.

Here is a slightly better look at the lion on the side

37032-england-cricket-world-cup-2015-mens-playing-shirt-740.jpg

That England kit looks wicked.

I think black pants would be okay, given the lion is black.

It's frustrating how Australia, bar Nike and the Socceroos very, very rarely have decent national kits in anything. The Aussie world cup kits are fine but I hate the shade of yellow we use. Similarly, our basketball uniforms are a disgrace. Hopefully we'll have a decent team at the next FIBA world cup and we'll get a decent manufacturer for once.
The darker yellow in the last two Socceroos kits were decent I reckon. It's the green in the basketball and hockey kits that I hate. It looks half washed out

The darker yellow in the last two Socceroos kits were decent I reckon. It's the green in the basketball and hockey kits that I hate. It looks half washed out

The basketball use the washed out green AND the bright yellow.

It's a disgrace.

The Socceroos have nailed it, but you'd expect Nike to. I just don't get how these companies can release such garbage.

Love it.
Except.
The England flag (eg St George's Cross) that the ECB play under is White and Red. Especially when Ireland and Scotland are playing, they England don't represent the UK, so blue isn't really an appropriate colour for them. Even though their helmets and Test caps are blue.

Love it.
Except.
The England flag (eg St George's Cross) that the ECB play under is White and Red. Especially when Ireland and Scotland are playing, they England don't represent the UK, so blue isn't really an appropriate colour for them. Even though their helmets and Test caps are blue.

We don't have green or gold on our flag.

We don't have green or gold on our flag.
Nor do New Zealand, and we chose different colours from our flag so we wouldn't look like the UK or England.
In most other sports where England (as opposed to the UK) compete, they use red & white, leaving the blue to Scotland and the green to Ireland.

Nor do New Zealand, and we chose different colours from our flag so we wouldn't look like the UK or England.
In most other sports where England (as opposed to the UK) compete, they use red & white, leaving the blue to Scotland and the green to Ireland.

If white wasn't ruled out for limited overs cricket I have no doubt they'd be using that. As it is they've switched between shades of blue, to red, and they've even worn orange at T20 level.

But most cricketing countries are the same, switching primary colours and shades over the years heaps of times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness, our official green is a bit washed out. I think it's meant to lean toward leafy, nature-y green.

Although some of these aren't big news, as they haven't been posted already, here's a sample of what some of the other teams will be wearing at the world cup.

Zimbabwe
photo credit: downforcricket facebook page
10438359_594045737363571_6409451866829284750_n.jpg

South Africa
credit: icc world cup facebook page
10987669_808135805889265_1778666110588952034_n.jpg

Ireland
credit: oniells online store
cricket-ireland-2015-jersey-1_1.jpg

(It's amazing how many things that look like official kit that aren't official kit you can find for this World Cup on Google.)

So we have...

Green: South Africa, Bangladesh
Pale green: Ireland, Pakistan
Gold: Australia
Black: NZ
Blue: India, England
Red: Zimbabwe
Maroon: Windies

Unknown: Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Scotland, UAE

Banglers...
B8Dbu-XCMAAGobR.jpg

Windies:

WI.jpg

(It's amazing how many things that look like official kit that aren't official kit you can find for this World Cup on Google.)

So we have...

Green: South Africa, Bangladesh
Pale green: Ireland, Pakistan
Gold: Australia
Black: NZ
Blue: India, England
Red: Zimbabwe
Maroon: Windies

Unknown: Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Scotland, UAE

Sri Lanka will be blue with yellow accents, Afghanistan could be either blue or grey, Scotland likely light/sky blue with dark blue cross, and UAE will be in grey.

Plus with the NZ uniform they are both black and blue depending on if you are showing the front or back.

Sri Lanka will be blue with yellow accents, Afghanistan could be either blue or grey, Scotland likely light/sky blue with dark blue cross, and UAE will be in grey.

Plus with the NZ uniform they are both black and blue depending on if you are showing the front or back.
I saw a pic on Twitter where Scotland were wearing a navy blue kit in a warm up match. I'm pretty sure it had the CWC logo on it, so I assume this is what they will be wearing. I'll try and find it.

It's a bit "England" isn't it? The number of years we've seen the Poms wearing basically that kit.
Did they just change the logos? :p

Just found the Sri Lanka kit. Sorry couln't find anything more front on.
10462711_808655125837333_2299529954715637078_n.jpg

I'm sure I saw a picture of Afghanistan's yesterday but can't find it now. It's a dark blue with strips of red white and green (I think). I'll keep looking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back