Cricket Summer betting thread - India, Tri-series, World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Any one got an opinion on the outfield at ES, is it fast or slow?

Are the boundaries set fairly small?

Very slow outfield, shortish boundaries square but toughish wicket to bat on so wouldn't expect too many 6's. Although in the past Finch has got going and hit plenty, so it is do-able. Last game at Etihad though only had 1 six.

Very slow outfield, shortish boundaries square but toughish wicket to bat on so wouldn't expect too many 6's. Although in the past Finch has got going and hit plenty, so it is do-able. Last game at Etihad though only had 1 six.

Cheers AB.

The total 6's market is set pretty high,bookies maybe spooked from yesterday's 6 fest at BA.

BBL 14/15 - Melbourne Renegades vs Melbourne Stars:

2U - Melbourne Renegades SU @ $1.99 (Topsport)
0.5U – Melbourne Renegades SU @ $1.93 (Tattsbet)

Too late missed as much as $2.10 but like the Renegades bowling first.
Probably shouldn't bother with write-ups - with the way I've been going. Just like the Renegades.

Last edited:
BBL 14/15 – Melbourne Renegades vs Melbourne Stars:

2U – Melbourne Renegades SU @ $1.99 (Topsport) LOSS
0.5U – Melbourne Renegades SU @ $1.93 (Tattsbet) LOSS

Think someone heard me complain about losing bets from winning positions – made sure it didn't happen again.

Renegades all out for 57 chasing 170 – lowest score in the history of the BBL.
Yep thank you.

BBL 14/15 – Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers

2.5U – Brisbane Heat SU @ $2.10 (Bet365)

- Ludeman hot for Strikers but I'm not sure the Strikers have too much after him. Simmons is very hit-and-miss with the way he plays. Head looked good but Head/Dean/Ross are very inexperienced.
- Heat have the better batting line-up with Forrest, Lynn, Reardon, Cutting, Christian all having played rep. cricket.
- Question will be whether the Heat can bowl well enough & I think Steketee/Gannon/Duffield will get the job done.
- Heat at home and the Gabba plays differently to the Adelaide pitch.
- Big call dropping Freddie but I like it.

i'm on the strikers and we're both going like busteds at the moment so probably a tie?
reardon (~$8.80) and ludeman (~$4.62) tonight

i'm on the strikers and we're both going like busteds at the moment so probably a tie?
reardon (~$8.80) and ludeman (~$4.62) tonight

Nah you're not going as badly as I am believe me- down a lot from an American capper I tail & not doing well in the cricket either.

You seem to have done okay in the High Bat Markets though - 2 out of the last 3-4 games if I recall correctly.

Brisbane has come in a lot... maybe from dropping Freddie? :)

I prefer the Strikers but the odds were not good enough. Even not they are pretty even. Reckon this one will be decided in the last 10 balls.

I see the India/Aus odds have swung by over 20% in the last 48 hours. Something happened that I don't know about?

Brisbane has come in a lot... maybe from dropping Freddie? :)

I prefer the Strikers but the odds were not good enough. Even not they are pretty even. Reckon this one will be decided in the last 10 balls.

I see the India/Aus odds have swung by over 20% in the last 48 hours. Something happened that I don't know about?
MJ's out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BBL 14/15 – Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers

2.5U – Brisbane Heat SU @ $2.10 (Bet365) LOSS

Damn, sucks.

I'm done.

Bit of data that some might know and some not.
Here are the ground dimensions for BBL 04.

AO 167m x 123m
BA 160m x 124m
SS 164m x 127m
SCG 155m x 136m
GABBA 156m x 138m
ES 159m x 128m
MCG 173m x 148m
WACA 149m x 139m

I've been having a crack at the total 6's and 4's markets,been doing pretty well so far.I can't be f#%ked retrieving past bets.

AO,BA and the waca so far have been good for the 4 & 6's totals going over.

It'll be interesting to see what total markets for the upcoming AO,BA and waca will be.

2u Sixers ( v Stars) @ $2.32 (TAB)

I'm classifying the Stars 100 run win & the Sixers being bowled out for 99 as outliers. Ignoring those Stars are 0-3 and Sixers are 3-0. I don't know why the TAB seems to love the Stars so much. I put Sixers at $1.80-$1.90, so this is value.

2u Sixers ( v Stars) @ $2.32 (TAB)

I'm classifying the Stars 100 run win & the Sixers being bowled out for 99 as outliers. Ignoring those Stars are 0-3 and Sixers are 3-0. I don't know why the TAB seems to love the Stars so much. I put Sixers at $1.80-$1.90, so this is value.
Loss.

Binger, those wides cost the game.

1.5u Scorchers (v Strikers) @ $2.23 (TAB)

Yes Adelaide are undefeated and yes it's in Adelaide, but Hodge is still out, Pollard has gone home and Hogg is back in for Perth. I think these teams are more evenly matched than the odds suggest, but Scorchers slightly in front in the bowling attack.

$100 on Scorchers to go over 4.5 6's

LOSS

No 6's recorded at all, f@$king drop in pitches.

Not all doom. Three small margin bets from 10-50 runs scorchers winning.

Last edited:
1.5u Scorchers (v Strikers) @ $2.23 (TAB)

Yes Adelaide are undefeated and yes it's in Adelaide, but Hodge is still out, Pollard has gone home and Hogg is back in for Perth. I think these teams are more evenly matched than the odds suggest, but Scorchers slightly in front in the bowling attack.

Hoggy was the man tonight!

0.5u in-play Thunder (v Hobart) @ $3.20

New location (Spotless) so the pitch is completely unknown. Just having a dig at the odds going out quickly...

(aaaannd then they lose another wicket :) )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back