Sep 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Ian Bell

eth-dog up

And also guys, what type of stats should we use for the sims? Could you sim some matches BoshtrichBurger? :p

I personally feel, real life batting statistics with some some "default" bowling ones is the best option. I don't think the bowling statistics accurately portray the quality of a bowler. eg Philander is great, but not the best, it's just his sample size is smaller in comparison to say a Steyn or a Anderson. One last things on small sample size, if we do adopt real life batting statistics, Pujara and du Plessis will be so OP... Everyone chip in with some thoughts
I can if you wish... ;)

But wait, you can too can't you? :p

DeeWong6996

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well then what are? FC cricket across the globe are pretty similar standards

How about, if a player's average is over 60, his FC stats MUST be used? I understand this is irrelevant to Pujara because his stats at all levels are sky high, but at least du Plessis, Dhawan*, Rutherford* and stuff won't be outrageously overpowered.

What about the bowling?

How about, if a player's average is over 60, his FC stats MUST be used? I understand this is irrelevant to Pujara because his stats at all levels are sky high, but at least du Plessis, Dhawan*, Rutherford* and stuff won't be outrageously overpowered.

What about the bowling?
under 20?

DeeWong6996

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thoughts on this rule for the statistics?

If a player has played less than 20 test matches, the sample size for averages is too small, and hence first class statistics must be used.

Back